2 Rumors Floating around at my LGS

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
1. Dragons Maze will reprint Birds of Paradise completely identical to the RCOG printing except for the expansion symbol and will also be reprinted in M14 but with new art and Flavor text.

2. M14 will have a new cardframe to celebrate magics 20th Anniversery similar to the 8th Edition change in the 10th Anniversery.  A subset of this rumor is that it is the Future Sight Futureshifted Cardframe.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I thought people weren't big on the future sight borders?
oh I see a quality thread here 
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/1562664657...

chuyghe asked: How are chances we will see a new card frame in the (not so far away) future? (just like with 8th edition)

Very, very low.

This was asked in January 10, 2012, but I remember a recent question answered similarly. Also, a Core Set would be an awful place to bring a new frame (that is not going to be the new current standard). But they also have no reason to do it. The old frame, on the contrary, had font that was sometimes difficult to read, and because of the color, too, in white cards.

Also, what's RCOG? 
Ravnica: City of Guilds

But the only difference between the Rav BoP and the M12 BoP is the flavortext anyway.

Birds of Paradise will be printed at common for Dragon's Maze draft purposes.  Then in celebration of 20 years, Michael Bay will get the rights to a Magic: The Gathering movie.  Instead of planeswalking, the characters will be aliens with magic abilities.    
The Modern card frame developed because 1) flavor fonts are as lame as Papyrus and Chinese Restaurant Pseudo-Cuneiform, and 2) legibility. White-on-alabaster? Seriously?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Full art vanillas would be nice to have (w/maybe one or two lines of flavor text). Aside from that, card formating changes are unlikely.

To autocard: [c]Killer Whale[/c] ⇒ Killer Whale

m14 is going to have every card on the no-print policy reprinted in it with the new frame and at common.  you should pre-order now for whatever price your local store is willing to give you.
I would like to see full-art vanilla creatures and full art basic lands.

I suspect we will have to wait until Muruganda for that though

Birds of Paradise will be printed at common for Dragon's Maze draft purposes.  Then in celebration of 20 years, Michael Bay will get the rights to a Magic: The Gathering movie.  Instead of planeswalking, the characters will be aliens with magic abilities.    

There will also be more explosions in the first 23 minutes of film than the amount of explosions for all movies ever made. Aerosmith will do the theme song and there will be at least a solid 20 minutes of slow motion/close up of Serra Angel battling baddies that explode when hit with her sword.

<----- Loser.

I hear that M14 will include the power 9, and will also have a future theme.

The gimmick is this.  This future power 9 will be released in July 3013, but will be standard legal starting July 2013, and ending October 2014.

You need trees, dirt, and gumption to get this set's power 9.
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS

There will also be more explosions in the first 23 minutes of film than the amount of explosions for all movies ever made. Aerosmith will do the theme song and there will be at least a solid 20 minutes of slow motion/close up of Serra Angel battling baddies that explode when hit with her sword.

You forgot Megan Fox running in a low cut tank top (slow-mo of course).   
Who do you think they cat to play Serra Angel?
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Tom Hanks as Jace, the Mind Sculptor.....
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
Special Guest Appearance of Christopher Walken (playing himself)

You forgot Megan Fox running in a low cut tank top (slow-mo of course).   

They'll dye her hair to play serra.

<----- Loser.

Duskdale Wurm will be redesigned so people can make juvenile comments about...Oh, wait.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.

Duskdale Wurm will be redesigned so people can make juvenile comments about...Oh, wait.

Yeah, pretty late on this one. Think you missed Siege Wurm and his new full grown friend Armada Wurm
Mine looks more like duskdale, is definitely at least a 7/7, and I've never called a "token" over when...
139359831 wrote:
Yours has red marks all over it? Might want to get that checked out. 
At least it doesn't have Infect
Special Guest Appearance of Christopher Walken (playing himself)

This is a must-have. The only appearance that is better than Christopher Walken acting in some role is Christopher Walken as himself.

Please check out my Blog:

Magic the Gathering Adventures Blog

http://mtgadventures.blogspot.com/

Please check out my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rubiera22/featured

dat trample...btw deathtouch would be the worst...or defender...

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Yours has red marks all over it? Might want to get that checked out. 

No, I more meant, um, searching for euphemism, I'm not Jewish.
139359831 wrote:
All cards in Dragon's Maze will be textless. Players will be allowed to interpret what the cards do on their own, just like Richard Garfield himself.
No, no, they'll be little holograms who act out what they do by interpretive dance.

Or, just Yugioh.
139359831 wrote:
The eponymous dragon is actually Nicol Bolas on a motorcycle.
With a new Artifact type- vehicles.
The Gateless revolution will succeed, but then they'll start infighting and the whole system will break down.

Wait, this is supposed to be for things unlikely to happen.
139359831 wrote:

While we've devolved to this point, I'd like to share a pass-time with you folks.  Occasionally, I and my crew of magic players will take turns naming Magic cards which have names that could be easily...misconstrued...

Let me give you an example:

Rod of Ruin
Throne of Bone
Dutiful Thrull

lol...

The list goes on.  Any others?
Names? I can do better than that.

Clergy En-Vec

Clergy En-Vec

Surprised LOL.  I never noticed that until now and I have a few of those.  Now just substitute the flavor text for Debtor's Pulpit and you've got yourself a winner.
LOL.  I never noticed that until now and I have a few of those.  Now just substitute the flavor text for Debtor's Pulpit and you've got yourself a winner.

Nope, the flavour text was already pretty bad. Try and read it with a dirty mind.
Look up the Goblin token from M10.

Rules Advisor

<----- Loser.

Tom Hanks as Jace, the Mind Sculptor.....

And Kate Beckinsdale as Liliana.

Clergy En-Vec

Uktabi Bonobo

Yeah, she's topless. But it's okay, because there's no skeleton.

And I'm sure the ladies will enjoy Tunnel Ignus.

What about flavor text?

And some cards take the holistic approach (My friends and I even call that one Shamshel or Shamsiel or just the Fourth Angel.)
139359831 wrote:

Clergy En-Vec

LOL.  I never noticed that until now and I have a few of those.  Now just substitute the flavor text for Debtor's Pulpit and you've got yourself a winner.

You can't get any funnier than the flavour text already on Clergy En-vec.

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

Skyknight Legionnaire's just begging for it.

Rules Advisor

This thread...

Handcuffs (flavor text) + Gwendlyn Di Corci is a more obvious exhibition of R&D's affinity for the risqué.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Sign In to post comments