A few questions for D&D adventure system.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
hey, i bought yesterday a copy of wrath of ashardalon and today sat down after reading the rules last night to play the solo quest.

i had a pretty good grasp on the rules and found them relativealy strait forward, but had a few basic questions.

1st, cards that say "use immediately" like shield toss (or whatever it is) do i have to use that the moment i get it? and do i discard it after use or turn or if ever? how many times can i use it per turn? i only used it once per turn when i played but kept it full game, i did feel it was over powerd being able to attack twice essentially, so i worried i had done it wrong, i found little to help in the rule book, its quite vauge. 

so help on that would be great.

2nd, do i need to go to the monster i killed to get the loot from it? say i killed it a tile away with a ranged attack do i just remove it from the board and draw a tresure card then and there? or do i need to go up to it to get the reward?

3rd the treasure squares what are they for? i found little in the rules about that too.

personally i find the rules book far too light on detail i would have prefered a in depth detailed hand book describing in great detail all the workings of the rules the rules that came with it felt like a quick reference book.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated

sorry if this is the wrong place but i have a similar thread in the board games section and despite people seeing it i have had no response and having it up for quite a while.

this section i got useful fast replies so im trying here. 

1st, cards that say "use immediately" like shield toss (or whatever it is) do i have to use that the moment i get it? and do i discard it after use or turn or if ever? how many times can i use it per turn? i only used it once per turn when i played but kept it full game, i did feel it was over powerd being able to attack twice essentially, so i worried i had done it wrong, i found little to help in the rule book, its quite vauge. 

so help on that would be great.

2nd, do i need to go to the monster i killed to get the loot from it? say i killed it a tile away with a ranged attack do i just remove it from the board and draw a tresure card then and there? or do i need to go up to it to get the reward?

3rd the treasure squares what are they for? i found little in the rules about that too.

I haven't actually played this...so just going by the rulebook.

1.  The Use Immediately appears to be that you either need to keep the item yourself or give it to another player.  The Throwing Shield attack is actually listed in the FAQ (wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/...).

2.  Nothing in the rules says you need to go to the monster to gain the Treasure Card...so...no.

3.  Treasure Tokens may be used in specific adventures (pg 15 of the rules).     
ok awesome, that cleared up monster loot, and the items like the shield and treasure. 

but i havent found a use for gold. and the gold value on items, maybe they become relevant in later missions, i have only played the first 2. 
You do know there's a board games section, right: community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/7588...
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
You do know there's a board games section, right: community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/7588...

if you had read the whole opening post you would have seen why i posted it here.
Sign In to post comments