Core Rules 2.0 and Expansion

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just pulled out my Core Rules 2.0 CDs and loaded them onto my Windows 8 PC. (BTW, the program runs great!!) I seem to remember a free utility that Evermore released for cropping artwork for use as character, or monster portraits, or equipment art.  Internet searches have been fruitless so far.  Does anyone know where to find this utility, or perhaps how to get in contact with Victor Penman.  He was always very helpful back in the late-90s with regard to this program, and maybe he might still have access to this utility.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Kalex the Omen 
Dungeonmaster Extraordinaire

OSR Fan? Our Big Announcement™ is here!

Please join our forums!

Concerning Player Rules Bias
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
Gaining victory through rules bias is a hollow victory and they know it.
Concerning "Default" Rules
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
The argument goes, that some idiot at the table might claim that because there is a "default" that is the only true way to play D&D. An idiotic misconception that should be quite easy to disprove just by reading the rules, coming to these forums, or sending a quick note off to Customer Support and sharing the inevitable response with the group. BTW, I'm not just talking about Next when I say this. Of course, D&D has always been this way since at least the late 70's when I began playing.

I have no idea what format the Core Rules are in but if all the images are stored a JPEGs or such you should be able to find where they are stored and copy them from there and edit them using any one of many photo editing  programs.  I know that's what I did with the old Warlords program as well as Rebellion for StarWars.

As far as I recall they're just bitmaps.

I've got all the files at home. I'll have a look tonight to see what directory they are in. From memory I think there was a folder called Portraits, but it's been a while.
Found it using the Wayback Machine and getting the file name from the Evermore88 website.  Then was able to find a fan site that still had it for download.  Got a bunch more of the official goodies for the program.

Kalex the Omen 
Dungeonmaster Extraordinaire

OSR Fan? Our Big Announcement™ is here!

Please join our forums!

Concerning Player Rules Bias
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
Gaining victory through rules bias is a hollow victory and they know it.
Concerning "Default" Rules
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
The argument goes, that some idiot at the table might claim that because there is a "default" that is the only true way to play D&D. An idiotic misconception that should be quite easy to disprove just by reading the rules, coming to these forums, or sending a quick note off to Customer Support and sharing the inevitable response with the group. BTW, I'm not just talking about Next when I say this. Of course, D&D has always been this way since at least the late 70's when I began playing.