I keep losing track of the math

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have two Garruk's Packleader on the field with Riku of Two Reflections. I cast Rite of Replication kicked targeting a Packleader and copy it with Riku. How many cards can I draw?
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.

The copy of rite of reflection resolves and creates 5 packleaders. The 2 packleaders that were already on the battlefield see 5 other relevantly-sized creatures entering the battlefield (2 * 5 = 10). The 5 tokens each see 4 other creatures entering the battlefield (5 * 4 = 20). 10 + 20 = 30 cards drawn (the draws are optional, so you can draw fewer if you want).

The original rite of replication resolves and creates 5 packleaders. The seven packleaders on the battlefield each trigger 5 times (7 * 5 = 35). The 5 tokens entering the battlefield each trigger 4 times (5 * 4 = 20). 35 + 20 = 55 new card draws, plus the original 30 = 85.
ok, first 5 creatures enter and you will have a total 7 packleaders: 30 cards
then another 5 creatures enter and a total of 12 packleaders: 55 cards

total: 85 cards
proud member of the 2011 community team
I copied Rite resolves and you draw 5 for each "original" packleader and 4 for each token entering the field. Thats 30 total
Then the original Rite resolves and you draw 10 for each "original" and then 11 for each token. So 64 for this .
94 total.

I think thats right... EDIT: Nope, I was wrong.

1. You cast Rite. Riku's first triggers.

2. Riku's first is added to the stack.

3. Riku's first resolves. You pay the cost and it copies Rite.

4. Rite-copy resolves putting 5 Packleader tokens on the field simultaneously.

• Each of the 2 existing Packleader's ability triggers 5 times each.

• Each of the 5 new Packleader's ability triggers 4 times each.

• You put 2*5+5*4=30 Packleader abilities on the stack.

• 30 Packleader abilities resolve one at a time.

• Rite-original resolves putting 5 Packleader tokens on the field simultaneously.

• Each of the 7 existing Packleader's ability triggers 5 times each.

• Each of the 5 new Packleader's ability triggers 4 times each.

• You put 7*5+5*4=55 Packleader abilities on the stack.

• 55 Packleader abilities resolve one at a time.

• 30+55=85.