Legal use of a combo

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, another legal use question. 
      Kiki Jiki's tap ability states "Put a creature token into play that is a copy of target nonlegendary creature you control. That creature token has haste. Sacrifice it at end of turn."
      With that said, if i used Kiki's ability on Sky Hussar which would trigger sky hussars ability (When Sky Hussar enters the battlefield, untap all creatures you control), that token would untap kiki jiki. 
      now that kiki jiki is untapped, can i use that same ability set/combo multiple times during my same turn, thus being able to make multiple copies in one turn?
sure
proud member of the 2011 community team
Feel free to substitute Pestermite or Deceiver Exarch instead of Sky Hussar, to lower the cost and color-breadth requirement of your combo.  
So in one turn, you have infinite copies of Sky Husser. Rough time fighting 50 4/3 creatures

yes, that's how this combo works
as thatmarkguy said the tournament version of the combo uses Pestermite or Deceiver Exarch as well as Splinter Twin as "additional copies" of Kiki
Please, someone correct me, but I think that the combo using additional copies of kiki-jiki can't be done.  Once a token copy of kiki-jiki comes into play, before anything else can be done, the legend rule comes into play and it exiles all copies.  At least that's what I think.
kiki can't copy itself (it says "non-legendary")
that's why you copy a creature that can untap kiki
Please, someone correct me, but I think that the combo using additional copies of kiki-jiki can't be done.  Once a token copy of kiki-jiki comes into play, before anything else can be done, the legend rule comes into play and it exiles all copies.  At least that's what I think.

The legend rule puts the cards in the graveyard, not exile.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)

What Enigma tried to say is, that you can use Splinter Twin instead of Kiki-Jiki, thus allowing you to have up to 8 cards in your deck with that effect. You don't need to put the aura on Kiki-Jiki and, as was said, this would be pointless. You put it on the "untap" creature.

Note that this can also be overcome with Mirror Gallery

Note that this can also be overcome with Mirror Gallery

No, it doesn't: Kiki-jiki specifies a NON LEGENDARY creature. Kiki will always be legendary, even with the mirror on the field. At least if you meant using Kiki to copy itself, or a copy of itself (that wasn't clear).

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

So let me go back and clarify what I meant to say.  I meant to say how does the combo work to apply Splinter Twin to Kiki-Jiki.  I also meant to say that the kiki token would go to the graveyard with the original card.

Sheeze.  Sorry guys/gals; lack of caffine when I posted.
So let me go back and clarify what I meant to say.  I meant to say how does the combo work to apply Splinter Twin to Kiki-Jiki

it doesn't
you use Splinter Twin instead of Kiki-Jiki

Sign In to post comments