give all humans protection from everything?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Riders of Gavony I you chose the creature type "illusion", would all humans you control then have protection from everything since illusion type creatures are considered to be all creature types all at once?
no

Illusions are not all creature types
only those that say they are all creature types are all creature types
proud member of the 2011 community team
Do you mean changeling? because that's not a creature type.

amoeboid changeling
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
some illusions predate Changeling
that's where this misconception stems from
proud member of the 2011 community team
Riders of Gavony I you chose the creature type "illusion", would all humans you control then have protection from everything since illusion type creatures are considered to be all creature types all at once?

Where in the name of Progenitus did you get the idea that illusions are considered to be all creatures types at once (Mistform Ultimus, I guess). It's just a creature type. Just because he does something special doesn't mean that its a characteristic of being an Illusion, that's just what that one particular illusion happens to do. Furthormore, he says that he does that, not illusions do that.

IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
He probably both

• Had Illusions confused with Shapeshifters, AND

• Was under the common misconception that the Changeling ability was inherent to Shapeshifters, rather than just something those from Lorwyn block all happened to have (if he even realized "Shapeshifter" and "Changeling" aren't interchangeable, which a lot of people didn't)

Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
I believe i ran across the changling at one time and forget about it until i read the riders ability and my brain just connected #1 into the #4 hole so I was confused but thank you all for clarification
No creature type has any additional rules attached to it anymore, not since Champions of Kamigawa. Of the two creature types that did, they removed "Legend" entirely then, and separated the rules concerning "Wall" from the subtype by creating a new keyword ability, defender, and giving all walls errata (even Mistform Ultimus, which didn't need the "can attack" clause anymore). There's just a long list of subtypes for creatures now, but no rule cares about any specific one.
since illusion type creatures are considered to be all creature types all at once?

Do you have a rule to back this up? :D

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

since illusion type creatures are considered to be all creature types all at once?

ah what?

no that's untrue, the changeling ability makes a tribal/creature card all creature types

the illusion type is just another creature type

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Well. If you try Concerted Effort with Progenitus on field then yes.

But that'll work for non-humans too .
Well. If you try Concerted Effort with Progenitus on field then yes.

But that'll work for non-humans too .

Unfortunately, that effect lets up once per turn (it puts a trigger on the stack at the start of each upkeep, but effects could then be piled on before the trigger resolves.)
Sign In to post comments