The Crimson Legion, the Red Chord, the Scarlet Helms

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Come on, TSR/WOTC. Come up with some names for groups in Dark Sun that aren't virtually identical.

I just call the Noble Quarter guards "The Helms" in my world, because the players were already making fun of the Crimson Legion/Red Chord symmetry.
the red chord? amidoinitright?!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XYLiau108EiFram... RemovediFrame Removed
I was never sure if the writer of Marauders knew about the band or not when he cooked up "The Red Chord" merc group in that adventure. I definitely wove in some grind-related in-jokes as my PCs chopped their way through the merc group.
Hmmm, looks like Marauders of Nibenay came out in '93 and the Red Chord band didn't start until 1999
But Marauders of the Dune Sea came out a decade after the band Are the Red Chord slavers really in MoN too? I'll have to look back through my old DS stuff.
Oh, I didn't look,I just assumed you were talking about Marauders of Nibenay and have pretty much blocked Marauders of the Dune Sea from my mind.
That is probably for the best.
I actually had a lot of fun remodelling this very thing. In my post-Revolutionary Tyr, you have the Crimson Legion (Tithian's faction and roughly equivalent to the Bolsheviks), the Blackguard (which is led by the other heroes of Tyr and modelled on the Ukrainian Blackguards/Makhnovists) the True (The White something, maybe the White hand or something, representing reactionaries), the Blue Wardens, who basically are the salaried noble garrisons, and the greens (don't have a clever name for them yet), who represent the pauper farmers. 
I actually had a lot of fun remodelling this very thing. In my post-Revolutionary Tyr, you have the Crimson Legion (Tithian's faction and roughly equivalent to the Bolsheviks), the Blackguard (which is led by the other heroes of Tyr and modelled on the Ukrainian Blackguards/Makhnovists) the True (The White something, maybe the White hand or something, representing reactionaries), the Blue Wardens, who basically are the salaried noble garrisons, and the greens (don't have a clever name for them yet), who represent the pauper farmers. 

That's a pretty good idea - especially with Tyr being such a riot of colour already with its 7-tiered ziggaraut.

Also note: Don't use the 7-tiered ziggaraut as a symbol for someone - it's a real pain to repeatedly draw on things.
No worries... I may simplify it a bit anyway. The main contention is between the Blackguard/Crimson Legion with the True and the Blue Bloods (nobles) being swing factions, along with some of the artisan guilds and merchant houses.
Sign In to post comments