Magic 2014, Deck pack 4 information/release date?

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all

I'm a long time fan of the DOTP series dating all the way back to DOTP 09 and i've noticed Stainless doing the same thing every year. They announce all the DLC, release all the DLC, then we have a total community breakdown until the next iteration is revealed (usually sometime in june)

So i was wondering. Can we get DLC to keep us ticking over until the next game comes out? The community is fading and i don't think it's a good idea to release a game while nobody is playing. Bring some deck packs out and then announce your new game when you have a thriving community.

I'm not trying to tell Stainless how to do their job, but i enjoy playing this game and this time of the year is the hardest to play. The excitement of the new DLC pack 3 has worn off and less and less people are playing

Stainless, please release some more DLC.

Also, when is Magic 2014 being released? *Looks at splattercats crystal ball*         
My guesstimate is no. Unfortunately. The entire season of DLC have covered the 10 Ravnica guilds and the Ravnica/Alara 'Mana Mastery' deck. While, it would in no way be the craziest thing imaginable, I just don't see it happening. The major reason being that the decks that have been planned and since released were coded into the game to begin with, yet, if more decks were on the way, it would seem really strange that no info had been leaked from people hacking the game and pilfering through the code.

I'm not against more DLC... at all! I just don't think it's likely.  

June 19 2013

Also; Namedropper.
theres a trend in the DoTP games and its that every game has had 2 more decks than the last and 2013 has 2 more then the last so dont get ur hopes up cus 2013 isnt getting anything  else
theres a trend in the DoTP games and its that every game has had 2 more decks than the last and 2013 has 2 more then the last so dont get ur hopes up cus 2013 isnt getting anything  else

To put it more blunt...

Fact: Duels 2013 is not getting any sort of attention of any sort* ever again.

I would love to be wrong, but I can confidently say I'm not.

*Redundancy intentionally redundant
(Looks around for Sean. Not there.)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

You have to say "Wizards_Sean" to make him appear.

Here I am!  Oh wait, wrong account.
lol Grunt, always dilusional.  I blame the chemicals.  Everyone is right on though.  2013 is done, DotP 2014 will be here on a Weds. in June.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

June 19 2013

Also; Namedropper.

Glad it's not June 12, or else I wouldn't be around for the release day. (taking splattercat's prediction as fact)

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

*POOF*

You summoned me?!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Sean,  Is there going to be a Duels 2014?  Can you answer that?  (I haven't seen direct confirmation.)
Sean,  Is there going to be a Duels 2014?  Can you answer that?  (I haven't seen direct confirmation.)

There has been no direct confirmation from Wizards, and unfortunately that's why I can't comment either way. Sorry all!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Will there be more DLC for 2013 Sean?

I can answer that.

If I'm not mistaken, Ken Troop (DotP Designer) had confirmed at one point that there would be annual releases of Duels of the Planeswalkers.
With that in mind, what you would be looking for is confirmation that there would NOT be a Duels of the Planeswalkers in 2014.
All other indications from the design team state that they are working on a new iteration of the game (see the Raptr Q&A Thread*).

I can answer that.

If I'm not mistaken, Ken Troop (DotP Designer) had confirmed at one point that there would be annual releases of Duels of the Planeswalkers.
With that in mind, what you would be looking for is confirmation that there would NOT be a Duels of the Planeswalkers in 2014.
All other indications from the design team state that they are working on a new iteration of the game (see the Raptr Q&A Thread*).

Thanks for the link.  Somehow I stone cold missed all of that.  But I don't see where in that thread he said there would be a 2014.  I did see where Ken said something and you implied there would be 2014 though.  Obviously I hope you're right.

Thanks for the link.  Somehow I stone cold missed all of that.  But I don't see where in that thread he said there would be a 2014.  I did see where Ken said something and you implied there would be 2014 though.  Obviously I hope you're right.

I was going to post quotes but there are quite a lot of them in there so I didn't bother.

if you look at D13 compared to the earliest Duels, you can clearly tell that we care more about the framing/story/context now than we did before, and that trend should continue."

When you read this quote:
"Overall, we want to keep Duels fresh each time we release it, and one of the ways we clearly do that is by changing the "format" experience, e.g. Archenemy in D12, Planechase in D13, so different play formats is an important part of Duels currently."

And then this one:
"At this time, there are no plans on putting Commander into Duels."

It's obvious he's not talking about adding Commander to 2013.

"Even in D13 and D12, you've seen small signs of this -- "edit-down-to-60" in D12, manually land-tapping and end-step in D13, and these small steps represent the beginning stages of this philosophy, and you'll see more evidence of this in the future."

I agree it could be smoother.  We've been looking at ways to make it smoother.  No promises on when or if, but it's something on our radar.

while I'm not going to talk specifically about future plans, I think even in D12 and D13 there's enough of a pattern to give our entrenched audience a glimpse of how Duels is evolving.  We'll continue to listen to the Duels community very closely, and improve each Duels based on that feedback.  We'll continue to create a more seamless integration path between Duels and the rest of the Magic game experiences.  We'll continue to push the envelope in terms of what experiences and functionalities a player can do in Duels.

It's one of those ideas that's not on any concrete roadmap, but it wouldn't surprise me if one day we did it (even if that day is a very long time from now)

Over the past two years, we've done more "crowd sourcing" within Magic R&D, tapping a wide variety of people inside the building, some of whom have never worked on Duels before, but all of whom like creating Magic puzzles.  I expect this process to continue for awhile longer.

MOUNTAINS of evidence that there is a Duels 2014 coming.
Again, it was stated elsewhere (not going to try to track down the quote sorry) that Duels has become an annual release. What you should be looking for is evidence that there will NOT be a Duels 2014.

MOUNTAINS of evidence that there is a Duels 2014 coming.

Yay!

Again, it was stated elsewhere (not going to try to track down the quote sorry) that Duels has become an annual release.

You've convinced me.

What you should be looking for is evidence that there will NOT be a Duels 2014.

No.  I don't want to get Drone going on proof of a negative.  :P
manually land-tapping and end-step in D13

What was the end-step change between D12 and D13?
Actually including one. So for instance you can repulse an opponent's creature in the end step, and since it is no longer their main phase, they can't just resummon it like in DotP 2012 and 2009. Or you can white sun's zenith in their end step and they can't use a sorcery based sweeper to remove them all.

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.
manually land-tapping and end-step in D13

What was the end-step change between D12 and D13?

That there is one.

In 2012 the only semblance of an end step is the 3 second timer that indicated your opponent had passed their turn. It still didn't qualify as a true end step however because if you cast an instant "at the end of their turn" they could continue with their turn provided they could interrupt the countdown meter.

In 2013 once you pass your turn you enter an actual end step where instant speed spells and effects can still happen, but other spells and effects (sorceries, creatures, enchantments etc.) cannot be used.
My biggest concern is with the next generation of console launching this year, will DOTP be multi-gen or will it stick to the ps3/360/steam? I'm hoping that with the expansion of Ipad in 2013 it means that it should come out for PS4/XBOX 3/STEAM/PS3/360/IPAD so that nobody misses out.
It better be available for ps3 and better be able to interact with people playing it on ps4 or I'm out of it.
I have 2 perfectly good ps3's and I don't plan on upgrading to ps4 anytime soon.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

It better be available for ps3 and better be able to interact with people playing it on ps4 or I'm out of it.
I have 2 perfectly good ps3's and I don't plan on upgrading to ps4 anytime soon.

Yeah, if the PS4 comes out next holiday season, it better work on both PS3 and be available on PS4 at no additional cost if you already bought it for PS3.  I already bought 1 of their products on 2 platforms due to my equipment.  I don't want to have to do the same next edition.  I'm assuming that's more of a Sony issue to make sure that their online store (which I don't forsee being the problem) allows me to put my PS3 games on my PS4 without recharge.  But they also need to make sure that they release a compatibility update similar to the ones with Deck Packs that people don't buy, to allow PS3 players to play with PS4.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Sign In to post comments