BUG Delver

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have been looking at a bug delver tempo list recently. Any comments/advice would be great:

Creatures:

Spells:
[deck]
4 Thought Scour

3 Abrupt Decay

2 Ultimate Price

2 Unsummon

3 Simic Charm

2 Golgari Charm

3 Dimir Charm

4 Syncopate

[/deck]

I haven't finished fiddling the mana base but my only real requirement is to have 4 Ghost Quarter. In some matchups it ends up being Wasteland, and it fuels my shaman so I almost never have a drawback from GQ'ing someone.

Creature set is pretty self explanatory. Everything else triggers the Dryad.

For the spell section, I have to finish adjusting the numbers.

Thoughtscour is too good with Snapcaster and with Shaman.

The deck has answers for most of the formats biggest threats:

Silverblade Paladin: Dimir Charm, Ultimate Price, Abrupt Decay
Hellrider: Ultimate Price, Unsummon
Resto Angel: Ultimate Price
Thragtusk: Ultimate Price
Thundermaw Hellkite: Ultimate Price, Unsummon

Midrange Creatures are a problem, basically anything with power higher than 2, multicolored, cmc > 3. I am hoping that some bounce on those guys will sort me out.

Golgari Charm is mostly to keep my team from being eaten by Supreme Verdict. Simic Charm Doubles mostly as an unsummon.

I haven't finished the sideboard since I don't know numbers in the main yet.

I like this deck a lot actually. I've been wanting to play a deck based around Snapcaster and Dryad for a while but I never got around to it. The only thing I would consider is adding some of the Cypher cards from Gatecrash. They go really well with Delver, I know there is one or two of them which give you draw power so I'd swap out thought scour with that and then just keep hitting up with Delver to pick up more spells.
newsflash:::  this isn't legacy.  i know you think ghost quarter could be like wasteland, but it isn't.

this is just trying really hard to be legacy BUG, but it just isn't. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

newsflash:::  this isn't legacy.  i know you think ghost quarter could be like wasteland, but it isn't.

this is just trying really hard to be legacy BUG, but it just isn't. 

The list actually just trying to be a BUG Standard SDelver deck. Looking at one of the deepest formats to find inspiration for a standard deck would be a mistake. Thanks for being constructive though.

The only thing I would consider is adding some of the Cypher cards from Gatecrash. They go really well with Delver, I know there is one or two of them which give you draw power so I'd swap out thought scour with that and then just keep hitting up with Delver to pick up more spells.

Hands of binding seems like it might work quite well to slow down some opponents. The card draw cipher spell costs 4 mana, so I am not sure that this deck could consistently reach above 3 mana. Each cipher would grow the dryad too. I will test with hands of binding, but I will probably keep the Thought Scour, its my only cantrip, and a great way to dig with Snapcaster. Maybe -1 Thought Scour, -1 Dimir Charm, +2 Hands of binding?

Yeah your right about Hands of binding, I just checked that card out and it's far better then the 4 drop for draw power. I would go ahead and do -1 Thought Scour and -1 Syncopate. And then if it was me, I'd only run 2 abrupt decays and add in another golgari charm. The charms are some of the spells in the format right now. They are extremely versatile in any deck running at least 3 colors.