Wow Pack Prices RTR 2.2 GTC 3.06 (this set just came out)?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
if you win a 2 man you almost lose money in the constructed room you almost LOSE money folks

you get 2.2 the tournament entry fee is 2 tix

so wowww what great rewards

and look a this GTC packs just came out 3.06 awesome styling have u ever seen a new set be 3 tix the week it comes out?

i was selling RTR for straight up 4 tix during pre release and release like 3.8

why GTC 3 than?

an why is rtr packs almost 2 tix now? ive never seen that either

no this is not right u need to fix something or were gonna stop playing ur tournaments 
check out tccclemsons post in the return to ravnica booster thread in this forum. Basically wizards has made some changes the last few months to destroy the market and now we have to "play" in this mess they have made for us.
That's just it! We don't *have to* play tournaments. We can just wait until it's resonable to play them.
Is it just me, or does playing GTC limited seem more like a dice roll than previous sets? Its like I'm playing someone and they have mana open and cards in hand and are attacking and there doesn't seem to be any decent blocks because of combat tricks. Maybe I just suck more at this set. Or, it emphasizes combat too much?

Anyways, I'm not playing very much. Perhaps enough others like me are driving down the demand for packs, in addition to other recent changes.
I think wizards  letting people buy into release events with packs again, bringing back 4 pack sealed, and getting rid of phantom would drive the prices back up very quickly.
ya im done with it like

if wotc not gonna address pack prices being this low this early on the set im done bro

im done with the tourneys

let ppl use packs to re-enter events

let ppl do things with there im literally out the door right now ur pack is worth 3 tix the week it came out an ur wondering why CUZ nobody can use them any of ur events

fix ur system fix ur stuff im done until u do what a joke man 
And I'm done with the txt speak. Protoss, everyone else here can manage to use (or at least try to use) proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Future threads you create that do not have these things will be locked without further comment.

In the meantime, this thread is being locked as a duplicate of the aforementioned thread.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert

and look a this GTC packs just came out 3.06 awesome styling have u ever seen a new set be 3 tix the week it comes out?

This has happened every single release since WWK because the release sealeds do not take in boosters. I have never had to pay more than 10 for a draft set during the release events since wwk.
Personally, I love that packs are so cheap. All I do is draft and play casual games. I guess I'm an average player, so I win an average of 1.5 packs per draft, so I need to buy 1.5 packs plus 2 tickets each time. That's a spend of 6.5 tickets for a draft - quite a good value price for the entertainment.

See, I'm not looking at the value of prizes and thinking "I'm not going to risk the entry fees for packs that are so worthless". I'm more like "I'm not going infinite, so there's always going to be a need to put money into it, glad the cheap pack value minimises that".

why would a drafter want cheap pax?

they sell for less when you win they are your prizes

cheap pax doesn't help drafters at all since they are paid the same prizes they enter with you make less for winning an join for less it all equals out for a drafter

This has happened every single release since WWK because the release sealeds do not take in boosters. I have never had to pay more than 10 for a draft set during the release events since wwk.

and bro im sorry but your flat out wrong

i sold RTR for 4 tix per pack during pre releases

i sold RTR pax for 3.3-3.5 during release events

Gatecrash is 2.8 during release events that is way less than RTR release events trust me i played in them they didnt sell for 2.8 like they are going for now u are out of ur mind
And I'm done with the txt speak. Protoss, everyone else here can manage to use (or at least try to use) proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Future threads you create that do not have these things will be locked without further comment.

In the meantime, this thread is being locked as a duplicate of the aforementioned thread.

Na man don't lock this thread this has to do with Gate crash packs that thread had to do with RTR

we know RTR's is bad Gatecrashes super bad too an thats what my threads about gate crash pax

wotc look into GC boosters there not selling for enough cash 

they sell for less when you win they are your prizes...

I believe that andoru consumes packs faster than he wins them at draft. Therefore, he's never selling any, only buying them. Someone who's always winning an 8-4 draft would hate cheap pack prices. Someone who rarely makes it past the 2nd round of a 4-3-2-2 or someone who only plays Swiss is going to appreciate being able to buy another pack or two cheaply so they can join the next draft.

I'm expecting the price will recover some and buy them cheaply now so that I can draft cheaply later.

I believe that andoru consumes packs faster than he wins them at draft. Therefore, he's never selling any, only buying them. Someone who's always winning an 8-4 draft would hate cheap pack prices. Someone who rarely makes it past the 2nd round of a 4-3-2-2 or someone who only plays Swiss is going to appreciate being able to buy another pack or two cheaply so they can join the next draft.

I'm expecting the price will recover some and buy them cheaply now so that I can draft cheaply later.

If you are trying to go infinite, cheap pack prices are bad, if you are just playing to have fun and build up a collection with as low a cost as your playskill allows, they are awesome.

If you are trying to go infinite, cheap pack prices are bad, if you are just playing to have fun and build up a collection with as low a cost as your playskill allows, they are awesome.

Yes, this is correct. I consume packs a little faster than I can win them back. My situation would be typical of the large majority of drafters who lie within a single standard deviation of winning half their matches. I consider prizes as merely subsidizing future draft entry, not something I hoard and flip for $$$.
It's a bit insane that if you go 3-1 in a release event and sell the packs, you pretty much break even (well you get what you opened and 24 tix), only way to get ahead is going 4-0 which isn't actually that simple. With these pack prices, I'm going to have to wait for the Top 8 sealeds where I can finally use my packs for something worthwhile cause the natural pack sinks (4 booster sealed, re-entering release sealeds with product) aren't there anymore. Other option is to wait for Dragon's Maze and the eventual DGR draft format with loads of cheap G and R packs.

But yes, the pack prices are getting unhealthy for most parties when they dip under 3.