Can magically enhanced ammunition be collected after you use it?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was thinking of buying some Dual Arrows for my ranger (roll twice, take the highest result on attack rolls). In theory, I can afford more than enough to get me through an entire encounter of using nothing but these arrows. The question is, will every shot destroy the arrow or burn up the enhancement?

My table briefly used Freezing Arrows a while back and held that you could go pull them out of corpses/the terrain and use them again next encounter, but if I'm going to be this cheezy I want to know that the rules actually permit this insanity before I attempt to use it, otherwise I'll be out a lot of gold. 
"You lit yourself on fire. Why did you light yourself on fire? "Because. Ninjas can't grab me if I'm on fire." -The Adventures of Dr. McNinja "What the ****? Tenth level barbarian and I'm looking at a ****ing job board?" -Me, at the start of a quest (was actually pretty good, despite the weirdness of the job board)
No.  All ammunition (magical or otherwise) is expended once fired.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Makes sense. I was wondering how anyone could justify an Oath of Enmity Arrow. Thanks for the help.
"You lit yourself on fire. Why did you light yourself on fire? "Because. Ninjas can't grab me if I'm on fire." -The Adventures of Dr. McNinja "What the ****? Tenth level barbarian and I'm looking at a ****ing job board?" -Me, at the start of a quest (was actually pretty good, despite the weirdness of the job board)
The question is, will every shot destroy the arrow or burn up the enhancement?

Yes magic ammunition are used up when fired, this even if not activated before firing them.

MME36 Ammunition: You must load magic ammunition before you can activate and fire it (spending whatever action is necessary to do so) and its used up when fired. 

I was wondering how anyone could justify an Oath of Enmity Arrow.

Where's an Oath of Enmity Arrow from cause i cant find it?

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Dual Arrows are basically oath at the cost of not using your weapon enchant.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
He's just being clever with the name, Plague.  The effect of Dual Arrows is functionally Oath of Enmity.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Oh he was referring to Dual Arrows ok, well it makes quite a expensive upkeep though at 200-125,000 gp per attacks at the end of the day or week. Wink

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter