UB Standard Mill

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello! I need help making this mill deck survive in tournaments today. 
Please take in mind that I do have a budget so feel free to suggest both expensive cards and affordable cards. Ex. "You should add 4x Watery Graves! That or add at least 2 more Dimir Guildgates!

Standard Mill Deck 
13 Creatures:
1x Evil Twin
1x Bloodline Keeper
2x Fog Bank
2x Consuming Aberration 
2x Dungeon Geists 
1x Snapcaster Mage
4x Wight of Precinct Six 

4 Enchantments
2x Death's Approach
2x Claustrophobia

4 Sorceries
2x Mind Grind
2x Increasing Confusion

15 Instants
1x Killing Glare
1x Syncopate
2x Thought Scour
2x Dream Twist
3x Victim of Night
3x Aetherize
2x Psychic Strike
1x Spectral Flight

24 Lands
2x Drowned Catacomb
2x Dimir Guildgate
3x Nephalia Drownyard
8x Island
9x Swamp

Sideboard
1x Rise from the Grave
1x Psychic Strike
1x Dinrova Horror
2x Fog Bank
2x Thought Scour
2x Dream Twist
1x Invisible Stalker
1x Spectral Flight
1x Victim of Night
1x Dissipate
2x Gift of Orzhova

Aggro
Here, I use creatures that get buff thanks to mill: Consuming Aberration and Wight of Precinct Six. I threw in one Spectral Flight to either one flying. I use Evil Twin to copy their Thragtusks and big creatures. I use Bloodline Keeper because it can win games on its own.

Mill
I use Nephalia DrownyardMind GrindIncreasing ConfusionThought Scour, Psychic Strike and Dream Twist to mill.

Control/Removal
I use Psychic Strike and Syncopate to control. I use Killing GlareDeath's Approach, and Victim of Night for removal. I use Dungeon Geists and Claustrophobia to tap their Thragtusks and other big creatures. I use Fog Bank to keep blocking their biggest, non-trample creatures. My Aetherize buys me a turn like a FogSnapcaster Mage I can use like a wild card for countering, removing, and/ milling.

Feel free to suggest splashing colors and/or advice on how to properly play a mill deck. Thanks.
-Asianthizug
I would definately make Snapcaster Mage a four of if you can get your hands on the other three, I run mill and it makes a huge difference having the options to use the spells again. 
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20800.jpg)
Yes, I probably should. I just read your thread for your Blue splash black mill. You have a bunch of awesome comments haha.
I would definately make Snapcaster Mage a four of if you can get your hands on the other three, I run mill and it makes a huge difference having the options to use the spells again. 

Another card I would definitely add is Jace's Phantasm. He is basically a one drop flying 5/5 later in the game.
I have only one problem with that deck list. The fact that there are only 4 creatures means the cipher spell is of little use and the slot could be better used.
tehbeast, you could have made your own thread rather than posting it on mine > <
Get rid of 2x Syncopate, replace the 3x Dissipates with 4x Psychic strike and side deck the Dissipate for decks that use reanimate or undying. Add some Invisible Stalkers to cipher the Paranoid Delusions on. I feel like you should run Devastation Tide since you have Think Twice or take the 4x Think Twices out for 4x Thought Scour. You should consider Aetherize to buy you an extra turn and maybe add 2x Jace, Memory Adept.
Pretty sure there are some Black creature cards that make them mill a billion cards, though the name of them escapes me >.<

lol, can you try looking them up?
Balustrade Spy <---- the only one i can remember at the moment.

Curse of the Bloody Tome

Dreadwaters

Just a few i found. I'm not to sure with Mil, you have most of it anyway.

Although, a friend of mine plays U/B mil with Jace's, and he uses Lazav's aswell. Works pretty well =] 

Balustrade Spy and Curse of the Bloody Tome I actually took out. Dreadwaters looks nice, but I would rather run Increasing confusion. What would you suggest I take out for these cards? How many Jace, Memory Adepts and Lazav, Dimir Masterminds did your friend run?
3 of each. It breaks my wife's deck. She plays G/W Blink with a shed ton of fatties, and when they get milled and then Lazav becomes a Serra Avatar with Hexproof. Its insane. I play control, and i built the deck for him, so i just wait for the cards i dont like xD

See I prefer to have Lazav in my sideboard because against non creature heavy decks it is almost a dead draw.
SuperNobbs, can you list the decklist or the majority of the deck that uses the 3x Lazav, Dimir Masterminds and 3x Jace, Memory Adepts? Fatalfrost, I see you also put Rapid Hybridization in your sideboard. Do you not worry about the 3/3 that comes out on your opponent's battlefield? Or do you use it on your own creatures? Also, why 21 lands instead of 24?
I'm currently drafting Cube, so i shall do it as soon as i have time =]

Well my cube opponent rage quit -.-

So my friends list is (And this is about what it is, i can't remember 100%)

Lands:

Creatures:
[deck]
4 Ravenous Rats
3 Balustrade Spy
3 Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
[/deck]

Walkers:

3 Jace, Memory Adept

Other:
[deck]
4 Murder
4 Mindsculpt
4 Mind Rot
4 Psychic Strike
3 Mind Grind
2 Gridlock
2 Dimir Charm
[/deck]

Thats roughly what he runs. Discard and Mil. And it works annoyingly well -.-

Fatalfrost, I see you also put Rapid Hybridization in your sideboard. Do you not worry about the 3/3 that comes out on your opponent's battlefield? Or do you use it on your own creatures? Also, why 21 lands instead of 24?

I sideboard in rapid hybridization against decks that have creatures I do not want them to have on the field. I use to turn their big stuff with amazing effects into 3/3 with none. I don't use it to kill off anything smaller than it.

Also on the 21 lands, that is just the number that I like to run. It seems to work for me so I don't get mana flooded or mana screwed.

Sign In to post comments