Dragon 420 Compilation

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D Insider ArticleDragon 420
Compilation

By Chris Perkins, Jeff Dougan, Tim Eagon, Steve Townshend, Jeff LaSala, Robert J. Schwalb, Andrew Schneider, Doug Hyatt, Ed Greenwood

Discover wee fey in old cupboards and walls, beneath the thick underbrush of Faerie forests, in enchanted crystal caves. Enter the court of the Carrion King, master of all myconids, and the subterranean kingdom of Mag Tureah. Plus, explore the world between life and death as a ghost!

Talk about this magazine here.

I really liked the article Unfinished Business allowing you to play a ghost! Makes me want to play one :P
Playing a ghost is a very fun concept, too bad it is an unearthed arcana article so it will never be implemented on the CB.

The rules also seem solid enough, if vampires were implemented this way they wouldn't be that bad.
Now I want a ghostwalk conversion Smile 
Also, im very happy that Dragon 421 will have some

Playing a ghost is a very fun concept, too bad it is an unearthed arcana article so it will never be implemented on the CB.

The rules also seem solid enough, if vampires were implemented this way they wouldn't be that bad.
Now I want a ghostwalk conversion  

I, too, am saddened that the Ghost rules will never make it to CB, though I feel they could be fleshed out some more. The career of an adventurer, even to level 30, can be relatively short. I see no reason why a ghost, even on a time limit, cannot rise to the upper levels. What I think this needs is a Paragon Path or two, and Epic Destiny, some Feats and some higher level powers.

I've wanted to see a 4E Ghostwalk for a while. I always found it to be an interesting setting.

You know, even though I never really liked Krynn very much, I'm glad to see the setting get some love.  

Don't know why I don't like it; one of my favorite PCs (2e Rogue) was in Krynn and his first adventure was looting Xak Tsaroth.    

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

You know, even though I never really liked Krynn very much, I'm glad to see the setting get some love.  

Don't know why I don't like it; one of my favorite PCs (2e Rogue) was in Krynn and his first adventure was looting Xak Tsaroth.    

I like the world of Krynn just fine, and think the story was a good one. As a campaign setting, it just feels kind of played out. The Heroes of the Lance were and are such an integral part of the setting, and so much of the history and timeline hinges on their actions, that it feels like the players' characters don't have much left to do (that is of any importance). I would buy a Krynn set in the time of the Kingpriest of Istar. This is a moment of Krynn's timeline where there is a lot going on, but has not been greatly detailed. Lots of good roleplaying potential would be present in this time of intrigue and moral upheaval.

All that being said, it will be nice to see the Draconian article. In my campaign, I've already established that Draconians are the remnants of Dragonborn clans corrupt by Turathi magic during the war that destroyed Bael Turath and Arkhosia. I could see my players wanting to play such a Draconian, were the options available.

Unfortunately, there is no way this issue could live up to its potential. There are a great many things that Krynn can bring to 4E that would be well received (if well written, of course): Towers of High Sorcery and Knight of Solamnia themes, 4E Kender (yes it would be a can of worms, but you know that there are a lot of people that want it), the Holy Order of the Stars. There is no way they will give us this much content, which would have been present in a printed Dragon back in the day, given the current state of Dragon Magazine.

Sign In to post comments