Recoloring Innistrad, Part 2

75 posts / 0 new
Last post
Picking up from part 1, we're reimagining the tribes of Innistrad into enemy colors.

Last time, we moved humans from into .
This time, spirits from into .

Your job, should you choose to accept it (and really, you clicked on this thread, why wouldn't you) is to make a red-blue spirit.

Rules
1. You have 2 days to make a red blue spirit
2. You may only submit one card 
3. You may change your design before the deadline
4. The card must feel like something from Innistrad

Good luck and have fun!            
Spirit of the Sky |
Creature - Spirit
Flying
Whenever ~ attacks, defending player reveals the top card of his or her library. If it's a creature with a converted mana cost of 5 or more, flip ~.
Ever vigilant, it keeps a wary eye out for dangers that could threaten it's allies.
1/4

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Spirit of the Storm
Creature - Spirit Horror
Flying
Other red creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other blue creatures you control get +1/+1.
Whenever you cast a red spell, ~ deals 3 damage to target creature.
Whenever you cast a blue spell, tap target creature.
Using freezing winds to halt all foes, it hurl lightning at those who would dare to raise a blade to it's friends.
3/4

Place holder
That's a heck of a placeholder. Using Transform to show the change from calm to stormy skies? Nice. Very nice.

I <3 Thoctar contests. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I gotta know, why creature?

Candelabra Geist
Flying
, : Candelabra Geist deals 1 damage to target creature.
: Untap Candelabra Geist.
"They're wonderful for entertainment, not so much for the decor."
--Olivia Voldaren
1/1
Rules Advisor
Spirit of the Sky |
Creature - Spirit
Flying
Whenever ~ attacks, defending player reveals the top card of his or her library. If it's a creature with a converted mana cost of 5 or more, flip ~.
Ever vigilant, it keeps a wary eye out for dangers that could threaten it's allies.
1/4

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Spirit of the Storm
Creature - Spirit Horror
Flying
Other red creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other blue creatures you control get +1/+1.
Whenever you cast a red spell, ~ deals 3 damage to target creature.
Whenever you cast a blue spell, tap target creature.
Using freezing winds to halt all foes, it hurl lightning at those who would dare to raise a blade to it's friends.
3/4

Place holder

I feel like this should be singing.... 

Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Menacing Intruder |
Creature - Spirit
~ is unblockable.
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, ~ deals 1 damage to target creature that player controls. That creature can't block as long as you control ~.

"I won't take part in none of this. No sir I won't. Not since that visitor came threatenin' me in the night." - Kezia One-Eye

1/2
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)
Boilergeist
Creature-Spirit
Flash, haste, hexproof
: Target player reveals the top card of his library. If it's an instant or sorcery, Boilergeist deals 3 damage to that player. Then that player puts that card into his or her graveyard.
2/2

The ability is worse than you think.  Since only 20-25% of a typical deck are instants or sorceries, you could activate it 4 times, blow , and only get 3 damage and 4 cards milled.  Also, I know y'all hate hexproof, but a lotta blue Innistrad spirits have it...
That point be valid my low-wavelength prodda. I think I might just be havin' to run that one the marathon right nizzle - Chisel this:

Soulsight Enshriner
Creature - Spirit
Flying
Hexproof is "(This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities you control.)"

"The summoned sometimes seal resentment beneath their smiles."

3/1
I took a more "Planar chaos" approach. I started with a straight forward transfer, but that was boring, so I ended on this:

Geist of Mage Traft 1UR
Legendary Creature--Spirit Mythic
Flash.
When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, you may copy target instant or sorcery spell. If you do, counter that spell.
Whenever CARDNAME deals combat damage to a player, you may return it to its owner's hand.
2/2

I like the interaction with ACR's blink effects. Note that INS had several not instant nor sorcery removal effects at the rare and mythic level, so the meta could react to him better than the real Traft. I've been fooling around with a mythic UR card that uses Copy, then counter. It seems like a good combo of the effects.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Laboratory Geist
Creature - Spirit Wizard
Flying
Whenever you cast a sorcery, you may cast an instant in your graveyard. If you do, ~ deals 1 damage to itself.
He haunts the ruins of his old laboratory, vainly attempting to finish the same experiment that ended its mortal life.
3/5

I felt vindicated in making it a wizard, but if anyone absolutely hates it, just ignore it. 
I'm bending the rules a bit here, if it isn't acceptable I'll gladly change it.

Cursed Cadaver
Creature - Human

If ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, transform ~.

0/1

I've never seen a body preserved like this before, what mysteries could it be hiding?

- From the diary of Jurik.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ghostfire Revenant (R)
Creature - Spirit

When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals 5 damage divided as you choose among any number or target creatures and/or players.
When ~ dies, return it to the battlefield transformed at the beginning of the next endstep.

0/0

OH GOD EVERYTHING IS FIRE! WHY AM I WRITING THIS DOWN? AAAAAEIIIOUOUEUIOAUIOA!
                       the former
- From the diary of ^ Jurik.

I can't help but feel I stole that name from something but I can't for the life  of me recall what it could be.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
I have read the criteria this time!
:Izzet Ghost: got it!

Rent Geist -- :UM::UM:
Creature - Spirit (U)

Flying
:RM:: Rent Geist gains first strike until the end of turn.

3 / 2
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Geistmorph

Creature - Spirit

Flying
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard, ~'s power becomes that card's converted mana cost.

The memories of it's past fuel it's hatred of all the living.

2/3
Helping Hand - ur
Creature - Spirit
Instant and sorcery spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
2/2   
Nephalia Seawight 3U
Elemental Spirit
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control more Mountains the Islands, Transform Nephalia Seawight

Nephalia Seawight is unblockable.
Whenrever Nephalia Seawight deals combat damage to a player, that player puts the top card of his library into his graveyard and you draw a card

1/3

//////////////////

Groundbreaker
Elemental Spirit {r}
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control more Islands then Mountains, Transform Groundbreaker
Trample
7/2
Geist of Ash Zealot
Legendary Creature - Spirit Warrior

First Strike, Haste

You may cast Zealous Geist from your graveyard.
As long as Zealous Geist is in your graveyard or on the battlefield, whenever a player casts a spell from a graveyard, that player loses 3 life.

"You shouldn't have awoken me, necromancer!"

2/2 
Erratic Poltergeist  
Creature - Spirit
()(), ; Flip a coin. If you flip heads, you may have Erratic Poltergeist deal 1 damage to up to two target creatures. If you flip tails, you may tap or untap target artifact or creature.
2/4
The pranks of a poltergeist can quickly get out of hand.
"Waaah there's a few cards I don't like in the latest set! This game sucks now! Everything should just always stay the same because I'm threatened by change! I'm going to quit! I'm quitting! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE" - approximately 10% of MtG players on all forums, ever. Read my thoughts, feed my ego! - www.tzaphiel.wordpress.com I'm also a writer! Search for "Gareth Topping" on Amazon!
Flickering Grief
Creature - Spirit
First strike
Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, exile ~, then return it to the battlefield.
Lashing out at the first one to disturb its tomb, it quickly dissapates, trying to seek refuge from the shame that follows.
2/1

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Consumed Geist
Creature — Spirit
When enters the battlefield, exile an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard at random.
You can't cast spells from your hand except as copies of the exiled card. (You pay the exiled card's mana cost.)
Whether wracked with rage or grief, a geist is human obsession without the distractions of sleep, hunger, or morality.
3/2
Flickering Grief
Creature - Spirit
First strike
Whenever ~ deals combat damage, exile it, then return it to the battlefield.
Lashing out at the first one to disturb its tomb, it quickly dissapates, trying to seek refuge from the shame that follows.
2/1

Best blocker ever.

Best blocker ever.

Pretty sure that's Wall of Omens or Wall of Roots.

Yxoque wrote:

It also basically has vigilance.

Essence of Fury
Creature - Elemental Spirit
Haste, Trample
When ~ enters the battlefield, take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of the next end step, you lose the game.
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice ~.
6/1

Yeah, I know, that's something I'm more concerned about.
Considering having it only trigger when it hits creatures, so your opponent can also play around it. Or return next turn, and with haste.

Not entirely sure.

Yxoque wrote:

Malevolent Geist
Creature - Spirit
Flying, haste
When Malevolent Geist dies, gain control of a random creature an opponent controls.
It clung to flesh in a vain attempt to return to life.
3/3

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Wall of denial is the best blocker, but wall of omens is probably the best wall.
People are really stepping up their game for this one. Nice. Very nice. It'll be hard to choose who I want to vote for...
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Yeah, I know, that's something I'm more concerned about.
Considering having it only trigger when it hits creatures, so your opponent can also play around it. Or return next turn, and with haste.

Not entirely sure.

It's the best blocker because it stops anything without dieing.

Wall of Roots dies to deathtouch and power 5 or greater. 
So far there seem to be an awful lot that fit Blue/Red but don't fit Innistrad.
Can I use the fact that spirits were actually splashed in each color in inn, and possibly splash another color? Like lingering souls...
So far there seem to be an awful lot that fit Blue/Red but don't fit Innistrad.

My card is based on a Ravnican card that doesn't fit in Ravnica and should have been printed in Innistrad. So I feel safe.
My card is based on a Ravnican card that doesn't fit in Ravnica and should have been printed in Innistrad. So I feel safe.

Except Ash Zealot isn't Innistrad, and I wouldn't think we're supposed to change -other- sets.  Also, yours isn't Blue at all.
Actually it was pretty much said a while ago that Ash Zealot is more or less a carryover from Innistrad, I'd count it.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Fireborn Deceiver -
Creature - Spirit
Flying
When ~ leaves the battlefield, it deals 3 damage to you.
(): Target opponent gains control of ~. 
3/2
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
That card isn't blue either
That card isn't blue either

but but it is blue O.o

it may differ from the norm of what blue usually is, but it is still printed blue and thus blue can use it as an ability.
Wotc constantly makes mistakes. In the end its up to what the judge and what then community considers right, and I know most people don't think that card should be blue.
It definitely isn't blue, but I found him to be an acceptable bleed.
Actually it was pretty much said a while ago that Ash Zealot is more or less a carryover from Innistrad, I'd count it.

No, it was a reaction to Innistrad, not a carryover.  They tried to get it to fit better into Ravnica, but the card in it's current iteration was the best fit for the environment.

On the Ruinator:  This was also for Blue's zombie flavor.  Combined with the need for a large Blue creature, the bleed was acceptable enough.  Notice you also had to have three creature cards in your graveyard to use it.  In HT's Innistrad, Blue doesn't get zombies.  

Also, neither Blue nor Red should be doing loss of life.