I need a PARROT!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there,
i am playing a dwarf fighter who reached the 11th level recently. I took the Sword Coast Corsair paragon path but to round out the picture i need a parrot.
I've checked the multiclass feats for Ranger, Druid and Shaman but none of them gives me a parrot.
Any ideas?
"Nobody expects imperial Inquisition" "What doesn't destroys me, makes me stranger"
Parrot is an Arcane Familiar found in Dragon 374. I'd go with Swordmage multiclass if you're a Fighter.

Happy Gaming
Parrot is an Arcane Familiar found in Dragon 374. I'd go with Swordmage multiclass if you're a Fighter.

Happy Gaming

Thanks for the tip. Fortunately the dwarf has enough Int to get any arcane multiclass feat. i've took the feat for the artificer to get more self healings if i defend. I retrained one feat for Arcane Familiar und voila i have a pirate with a parrot...Cool
"Nobody expects imperial Inquisition" "What doesn't destroys me, makes me stranger"
The Si'Tak (?) is a telepathic parrot too IIRC.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
You might just choose a different kind of bird, mechanically... a raven, perhaps... about the same size as a parrot, and capable of 'parrotting' human speech. Just re-flavor it and voila.. polly wanna cracker!
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
Easy! Have your character take the Animal Master Theme found in Dragon #399

The Animal Master gives you a choice of the following as a pet: cat, dog, hawk, monkey, or raven.

The theme also states that: "With your DM’s consent, you can substitute any similar creature for these choices; for example, an otter would be much like a cat with a skill bonus for swimming instead

I've personally seen
 in a pirate-themed campaign that I DM, one of my players take this theme and re-fluff the Hawk as the Parrot and it works just fine. (Distracting Attack is a nice theme power and feature!)

I do have to say that I agree with Sir Joe that a Raven might be a better fit as far as an intelligent bird goes, but really it's up to you!

If you just want a parrot for show and flavor, you don't need to represent it mechanically.  You just have a parrot.