Steal their stuff deck U/B control effects

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey Magic Community

I had an idea for a deck that I'd like to try. I'm putting it together for this week's FNM. Hopefully I get to play it. I don't know if the cards I ordered will get here but here it is.

Updated Feb 13,2013

The basic idea is to get them to discard and them take control of their creatures. If it's a creatureless deck.
I was going to attempt a mill deck but then didn't like the mill cards that much.

Here are some cards I contemplated in addition to the list above.

Deadeye Navigator
Stolen Goods comboed with Dimir Charm
Devour Flesh
Forbidden Alchemy - cuz I heard it's good :-)
Ghostly Flicker - to gain permanent control of anything I take with soul ransom

I haven't tried out soul ransom but it seemed to pair well with them having less cards in their hand, which is why i went the discard route with the small rats and cats.

Wight of Precinct Six - because they discard and might make him bigger
Fiend of the shadows Similar to the nightveil specter but i can play the cards whether or not the fiend is in play or not and it is a 3/3 but it costs 5cmc so i left it out.
Hands of binding Maybe to bind their creatures until i can take them
Conjured Currency  - seemed to expensive
Switcheroo - more control changing

Well, I appreciate any feedback.
try some clone  effects, evil twin  is hillarious, and in these colors he allows you to steal your enemies creature (kind of), then kill it next turn. I would also put more kill spells in and mutilate, barter in blood  or some form of a sweeper for those aggro match ups
I like the idea of Evil Twin. It's much better than the soul seizer I think.

It's only downside I guess is that it's more reactive. With the seizer I can play it as soon as I get the mana and swing with it without having to control a creature. For the clones I either need a creature out to copy or I need to wait for one, and if there isn't a good one to copy it just sits in my hand. But it comes out a turn earlier. 

I like the idea of the mutilates and barter in bloods but I don't know how well that will work because usually aggro decks run a lot of creatures and my own creatures would die as well.
Ahhh! Ok, I guess with the discarding and cats in play i might want them to die anyway. Mutilate and barter in blood are looking better.
think about it this way, aggro decks will lay all their cards down in the early turns while your laying down only 1 or 2, so if you kill everything on the board they are left with nothing while you still have cards to play, not ideal but its better than getting your face beat in by a bunch of small weak creatures; also you can clone your own creatures if your opponent desides to not play any... also remember that use clones like kills spells for legendary creatures like geist of saint traft  or griselbrand  because 2 legendary creatures with the same name cannot be on the board at the same time, just remember not to kill your own creature.
I think you might want to consider Fiend of the Shadows after all, despite its high cost. Adding additional card stealing to the effect of your Nightveil Specter smooths out the whole theme of the deck. Your deck isn't overly expensive by converted mana cost yet, either, so I think that a 3BB wouldn't be overly burdensome. You even have a decent chance of stealing a land from your opponent to encourage your deck's mana growth potential as well.

Without the Fiend, I'm not sure that you'll actually get enough stealing done to make it impactful.
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
Also Liliana of the Dark Realms can fetch up the new duals so u can have access to all 5 colors. Prophetic Prism is another card to consider. 

With all the discard, u might want to also consider Havengul Lich he can recycle ur creatures, and steal ur opponents.
Also Liliana of the Dark Realms can fetch up the new duals so u can have access to all 5 colors. Prophetic Prism is another card to consider. 

With all the discard, u might want to also consider Havengul Lich he can recycle ur creatures, and steal ur opponents.

I think I'll pass on Liliana initally just because I don't have her and haven't ordered her. My goal isn't really to play their stuff with their lands. My goal is probably more to just prevent them from playing their own stuff I guess.

@Black_Egg has a point with the Fiend of Shadows. It can help work double time with the nightveils and give me some good card advantage along with the mill. 

Havengul Lich, however, sounds real nice. I'll see what I can come up with but I'll playtest with the deck using the fiend of shadows instead of the soul seizer.

Thank you for the ideas 
Sign In to post comments