Derp

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Link

What would you have done if you were the person the money came to mistakenly?

Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

What money?
President of the OTTer Research Council on the Universe
She didn't notice for 2 years that she was missing $40,000?!
Really?

And yes, I would give the money back. That's just the type of guy I am. Actually, I would have noticed much sooner than that stoopid lady that my bank account was getting deposits I had no idea about. I would have went to the bank and straightened it out.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Yeah, she's up for Derp of the Year honors.  I'd probably have given it back, too - but not out of some silly sense of honor or anything like that.  It'd have been self-preservation.  Don't wanna get myself in trouble over some derp's mistakes.  ;)
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Don't wanna get myself in trouble over some derp's mistakes.  ;)

Yeah... that too.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
She is a deep, but the person that kept the money is a theif if you ask me.
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
In the US, she would be. Proof that America has better laws than the UK!
Two... Ah ah ah! Three.. Ah ah ah! Four... Ah ah ah! Six... Ah ah ah!!
88534793 wrote:
Punctuation exists for a reason, and your neglect of the shift key is to the point where Social Services should be involved.
In the US, she would be. Proof that America has better laws than the UK!

The recipient can keep the money if withdrawn within six years?  I guess in the UK if you see an extra 100K in your bank account go down and withdraw it like now!   The bank should eat the loss if you ask me.

Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
The bank should eat the loss if you ask me.

You're kidding, right?
You believe the bank would just "eat" the loss?

Nah brother, they will pass that cost on to the people who bank there. Fees and stuff will go up to cover that "loss".
The bank should eat the loss if you ask me.

You're kidding, right?
You believe the bank would just "eat" the loss?

Nah brother, they will pass that cost on to the people who bank there. Fees and stuff will go up to cover that "loss".

You are right.  The bank will eat nothing despite their high moral ethic.

I wonder if that is why people fed them so many toxic mortgages. Smile

I wonder if that is why people fed them so many toxic mortgages. 

I dunno about the UK, but here, ... well... I would explain, but TS may be lurking and I don't want a ride on the banned wagon just yet.
Let's just say that the banks here were forced to loan money to people who had no way to pay it back.
I wonder if that is why people fed them so many toxic mortgages. 

I dunno about the UK, but here, ... well... I would explain, but TS may be lurking and I don't want a ride on the banned wagon just yet.
Let's just say that the banks here were forced to loan money to people who had no way to pay it back.

Yeah, discussion of banks usually deviates into the realm of hedonism and carnal knowledge.

Yeah, discussion of banks usually deviates into the realm of hedonism and carnal knowledge.

I was going to say politics, but what you said is just about the same.