DC: Index

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Index

This card sucks plain and simple.  Maybe if it were an instant and let you have the option of putting them on the bottom of your library.  Otherwise there are just so many better options then this.

Thumbs down

Discuss! 
Playable in limited.

Not necessarily good, but playable.

May have a place in Commander if you build your entire deck around library control, but it would definitely be near the bottom of the list.

Thumbs down.
Yea if you cant tuck one or put it in your hand its pretty bad outside Cascade.
Wants so hard to be good, but it isn't.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Could really use a cantrip, but then it'd be a better Ponder. I might pay or even more for it, if it were a cantrip.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Could really use a cantrip, but then it'd be a better Ponder. I might pay or even more for it, if it were a cantrip.

Would it be a better Ponder, though?

If your top three are bad, Ponder at least gives you the option of shuffling in the hopes that you'll get something better.
Even if you add the cantrip, Index gives you no such option. If your top four are bad, changing the order doesn't really help.

Being able to prevent dead draws rather than just delay them is one of the major functions of sifting cards. To me, the lack of this ability is what kills Index, not the lack of an additional draw.

I would definitely pay an extra or if Index said "Scry 5".
I have been considering this as an option to set up Unexpected Results in a standard deck.  
I have been considering this as an option to set up Unexpected Results in a standard deck.  

Re-read the first three words of Unexpected Results

Level 1 Judge

You can't set up a specific card, but there's still some synergy/utility.  You use Index and put the most useful cards on top and the cards you really don't want (now-redundant lands, artifact destruction against your artifact-free foe, etc) deeper, and then after you've drawn the last of the useful cards, you cast Unexpected Results, so that you get the shuffle and get those useless cards shuffled back into the deck and make your next draw(s) random, thus more likely to be useful cards.

Not a great utility, and really not any better than any other shuffling effect (just as good: pop your Evolving Wilds once you've drawn the last useful card off your Index), but some synergy nontheless.
Mystic Speculation only does 3 cards, but can put cards on the bottom and can be reused.

I'd play that over Index everytime. Then again, I'd play draw over library manipulation.

To autocard: [c]Killer Whale[/c] ⇒ Killer Whale

Re-read the first three words of Unexpected Results

Yup, totally missed the shuffle part.   
sorcery, no card to hand, can't put them on the bottom, oh baby the use's are useless.

thumbs down. 

<----- Loser.

Sign In to post comments