angel deck help with mana curve and creatures to add or remove

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
when i first put this together i had way to high of a curve so i added humans to lower it it helped but was wanting all angel but i don't think its going to happen but all comments are welcome really wanting to make it faster hope lots of ppl comment not many in my area play so dying to hear all your ideas and thoughts about it but here is the deck list

HUMANS: these are the best humans i have can get more of any if needed or change out for better creatures

1x precinct captain
1x grand abolisher
2x elite inquisitor
4x white knight

ANGELS: i have all kinds of angels most are way to costly for the curve 

2x serra avenger
x3 emancipation angel  3 mana is good but dont like the side effect of returning a permanent but it could be useful but most of the time it just slows down the deck
1x linvala, keeper of silence
4x angel of jubilation
2x serra angel
2x avacyn, angel of hope
1x akroma, angel of wrath

OTHER SPELLS: not much protection mainly sticking to the angel theme might need to change to protect more not sure yet

3x entreat the angels
2xdefy death
4xdivine deflection
2xluminarch ascension
2xmoonsilver spear

lands
4xseraph sanctuary this is a good card free life for nothing and doesnt slow down the deck much at all
20x plains

if you realy want to go all angels it can be done. what you need is a lot of spells like journey to nowhere, path to exile, and pacifism so you can handle early rushes long enough to play the angels.

the emancipation angel really wants something with an enter the field ability like cathedral sanctifier or village bell-ringer to really shine. but even if you don't add that simply play her in your second main phase. that way you don't loose an attacker to play your next critter.

Take advantage of Avacyn and carry a Wrath of God or 2, or any card of the mass sweep effect.

The spot taken by Divine Deflection may be better off with something like a Holy Day. The ability to knock off a creature or do some damage to the face is nice, but with your need to survive early while building mana to start the angel onslaught, a card like Holy Day can go a long way. Same for Luminarch Ascension. It's gonna take a while to get those counters going, cause you're gonna be taking damage. I'd slip in Dawn Charm. Maybe 4 Dawn Charm and 2 Holy Days.
Mana rocks, like Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Marble Diamond, or Pearl Medallion could help speed the bigger angels into play, as could outright cheating them, via Quicksilver Amulet or Cryptic Gate. Belbe's Portal and Urza's Incubator make the angels cheaper to cast.

Your deck could use more draw than the standard once per turn.  Sadly, white's best methods are cantrips or high-cmc artifacts.  Still, Repel the Darkness is useful alongside armies, and Wall of Omen is always a happy draw for me.

Unless your main opposition is a Black deck, what about trading the White Knights for Azorius Arresters?  Not only can you then stall and open your opponent for attacks, but the Arrester plays nice with your Emancipation Angels.

Maybe an Ally subtheme could work for your early plays, leaning on playsets of Hada Freeblade, Kazandu Blademaster, and maybe a few Kabira Evangels.  All of the Allies play very well with Emancipation Angel, to boot!

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
when i first put this together i had way to high of a curve so i added humans to lower it it helped but was wanting all angel but i don't think its going to happen but all comments are welcome really wanting to make it faster hope lots of ppl comment not many in my area play so dying to hear all your ideas and thoughts about it but here is the deck list

HUMANS: these are the best humans i have can get more of any if needed or change out for better creatures

1x precinct captain
1x grand abolisher
2x elite inquisitor
4x white knight

ANGELS: i have all kinds of angels most are way to costly for the curve 

2x serra avenger
x3 emancipation angel  3 mana is good but dont like the side effect of returning a permanent but it could be useful but most of the time it just slows down the deck
1x linvala, keeper of silence
4x angel of jubilation
2x serra angel
2x avacyn, angel of hope
1x akroma, angel of wrath

OTHER SPELLS: not much protection mainly sticking to the angel theme might need to change to protect more not sure yet

3x entreat the angels
2xdefy death
4xdivine deflection
2xluminarch ascension
2xmoonsilver spear

lands
4xseraph sanctuary this is a good card free life for nothing and doesnt slow down the deck much at all
20x plains

If The powers of your angels arent all that you want them to be, Akroma's Memorial is a good one to havein the deck. I agree on the sol ring choice, but what about Doubling Cube ?   

(just though they might help) Happy playing

Tappy Casting! 

thanks for all the advice it helped a lot the sol ring really powers in the angel and ally theme really helps emanc. angels negative abilty and turns it into a positive added 2 days of jugments don't have wrath of god and anytime i get into trouble i slap it down even if i don't have avacyn in play to buy time tried adding more removal spell but with x4 sol ring i have enough mana to really turn a lot of damage aside and either slap them in the face with it or destroy the creature if i feel its still going to be a threat still but did keep three path of exile to take care of  indestrutable creatures and other problem creatures still trying diferent things based on all you guys told me working on the best mix but the deck really shines now and again thanks anything else you guys can sugest feel free to add more
thanks for all the advice it helped a lot the sol ring really powers in the angel and ally theme really helps emanc. angels negative abilty and turns it into a positive added 2 days of jugments don't have wrath of god and anytime i get into trouble i slap it down even if i don't have avacyn in play to buy time tried adding more removal spell but with x4 sol ring i have enough mana to really turn a lot of damage aside and either slap them in the face with it or destroy the creature if i feel its still going to be a threat still but did keep three path of exile to take care of  indestrutable creatures and other problem creatures still trying diferent things based on all you guys told me working on the best mix but the deck really shines now and again thanks anything else you guys can sugest feel free to add more

there are neat things called commas and periods...

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.

LOL :D
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!

Hey, he used a period... to prevent having to spell out "emancipation."
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
Ill give 10 bucks to anyone who can say it all in one breath. 
Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!