2/12/2013 RC: "A-Naya-lating the Competition"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Jetse Lensing's Immortal Servitude Combo deck is super cool!

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Just keep weakening your deck by jamming a do-nothing Planeswalker in it. 

I kinda agree with this actually. For this deck, I'd keep the spells and then add a bunch of Triumph of Ferocity to the sideboard, they won't whiff like Domri 50% of the times and they aremuch harder to remove.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
This article was positively overflowing with exciting decklists.  A lot of them look like enormous fun, and I will be testing them out.

Good stuff, Gavin. 

I kinda agree with this actually. For this deck, I'd keep the spells and then add a bunch of Triumph of Ferocity to the sideboard, they won't whiff like Domri 50% of the times and they aremuch harder to remove.

You might be right, but on the other hand; how relevant are his other abilities? Since you can drop  creatures with high P/T early and you have plenty of them, fighting might be able to deal with a lot of opposing creatures. And if his ultimate ever goes off your creatures become hard to deal with and lethal within a few swings. At the very least I think it is an interesting direction, especially if you are already considering the 8 mana elf plan leaving you with a heavy creature deck to begin with.  
I agree with Dothar, at least for my local meta. A lot more agro creature decks are popping up and because of that I am side boarding in a few Boros Reckoner. Between them and the Smiters the fight ability has allowed for some great plays. If you side in a few of the Boros charms as well most agro decks will fold very quickly. 

D
Hey neat my deck made it on the article. Esper Spirits FTW!