My Tempered Steel deck

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
I would run 4 arcbound worker instead of abunas for another one drop. The reason why is abunas is a 4 drop and that is also where all the mass removal lives. wrath of god or black sun's zenith will just ruin your day and abunas does not a dang thing to stop any of them.

Silverskin armor is also wrong. You want another artifact creature with some ability instead.
arcbound ravager
myr retriever
heap doll
scarecrone
frogmite

are all better then silverskin just to name a few.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
All true however the reason they're both in here is because when you put the Armor on the Leonin it gives all your artifacts hexproof. I thought about cutting them to 2x but I really want to draw both.
Master's Call. Two 3/3s so long as Tempered Steel is out, plus any activations of Overseer's abilities. Costs one more but so much better than Silverskin Armor.

On an unrelated note, Silverskin Armor fails flavorfully as its flavor text implies it should protect from infect but it does almost nothing about it.
But giving all of your artifacts hexproof is largely useless. Because you can recur artifacts you do not care about trading one for one with any other creature or spell. If they lightning bolt your artifact that is a win, not a loss.

Tempered steel decks make wimpy artifact creatures very strong. So you do not have to worry about meeting big creatures either. Yours are just as large or larger. Instead of running silverskin just run recursion. You are in black anyway so myr retriever and skeleton shard are the go to methods.

They cannot kill a retriever. It just brings itself back from the graveyard. You have to exile the damn thing to get rid of it and with tempered steel on the board it is a 3/3 which is respectable. (you do need the second one though). If you also run ravagers even exiling does nothing because you just sac it before the exile resolves.

Abunas giuards against the wrong thing. You need something that guards against mass removal if you need any guarding at all.

Sideboard
4 heap doll
4 hex parasite
4 pithing needle
3 unmake

Is far quicker and has far more staying power and adaptability. Hell cut a couple of buried ruins for vault of the archangel and run godless shrine bumping the land count to 21 and you will run with the big leagues.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Skeleton Shard and Glimmervoid both have places here.

I've never liked Arcbound Ravager.  Idk why, I guess because he's so obvious a choice.  And if you're gonna run him you might as well throw in Disciple of the Vault and call it a day.

I did like the idea of Frogmite, though.  Myr Enforcer could also work out as a 2 of or something 
I don't like the Ravagers because they are expensive and I don't have any already. I thought about adding Angelic Skirmisher but the casting cost seems too high. I don't really do sideboards but I may swap in shards as needed. 0k here's the changes I made:

Much better, but I'd vote Myr Retreaver or Remember the Fallen, not both. With Buried Ruin that's 12 peices of recursion, and that's more than you could possibly need. You have a swarm theme with Signal Pest, Tempered Steel and Steel Overseer all wanting to work with large armies. Cut one of your recursion things and include something that gives you good numbers for a 1 card investment. The myr are perfect for this: Myrsmith, Master's Call, Shrine of Loyal Legions, and Genesis Chamber are ideal.
if your worried about your artifacts dying put in stuff like darksteel forge (a little expensive), or some darksteel myrs,  darksteel plate, or even eldrazi monument

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Much better, but I'd vote Myr Retreaver or Remember the Fallen, not both. With Buried Ruin that's 12 peices of recursion, and that's more than you could possibly need. You have a swarm theme with Signal Pest, Tempered Steel and Steel Overseer all wanting to work with large armies. Cut one of your recursion things and include something that gives you good numbers for a 1 card investment. The myr are perfect for this: Myrsmith, Master's Call, Shrine of Loyal Legions, and Genesis Chamber are ideal.

I put the pest in basically for more 1 drops but to also boost the tempered steel a bit. I know I have a few Genesis chamber but for the others I'll have to look through what I have. I could swap the retrievers for more creatures but need to look at what I have.
a little expensive

And the ocean is wet.

Anyway, yeah, trade around and try to grab some of that stuff, should be well worth it.
a little expensive

And the ocean is wet.

you sure? i thought the ocean was pretty dry ;)

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
i run 4 signal pest 4 etched champion  4 myr battlesphere 3 Kuldotha Forgemaster 1 blightsteel and 4 Master of Etherium as far as creatures, i use the forgemaster to pull out my blightsteel as far as spells i have 4 master's call 4 tempered steel 4 semblance anvil 4 day of judgment and 4 leyline of sanctity and i seem to do very well
TOO. MUCH. EXILE.

You have Eight exile spells.  Cut that to 4-6.

I'd replace them with some Mana Myr (i.e. Gold Myr, Leaden Myr, Alloy Myr).  I know Soulscour costs a lot of mana (though not a lot of $), but you're running the perfect deck for it.
Ok how's it look now?

I was thinking of adding Memnite but I dunno what I'd swap it for.
Looks like a solid casual deck now. Competitive without making you "that guy."
TOO. MUCH. EXILE.

You have Eight exile spells.  Cut that to 4-6.

I'd replace them with some Mana Myr (i.e. Gold Myr, Leaden Myr, Alloy Myr).  I know Soulscour costs a lot of mana (though not a lot of $), but you're running the perfect deck for it.

you cold use scourglass