Realmwright Question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi guys!

Quick question Realmwright alows lands to tap for the selected colour choice and dosnt just make them an aditional subtype of that choice dosnt it? Meaning that anything that would effect that selected land type, will also effect the basics with the adional types?

e.g. choose swamps and m13 lilys ult? or Crypt Ghast

Just want to make sure as im not sure how this kind of wizardy works =P

Thanks!
Adding a basic land type will automatically give them the associated mana ability, and will let those lands count for anything that looks for lands that have that land type. If you choose "Swamp", all your lands will have ": Add to your mana pool" and all of them will trigger Crypt Ghast's ability when tapped for mana (even if it's not for ).
Gaining a basic land type will also give the land the corresponding mana ability. Anything affecting or counting or otherwise referencing that basic land type will affect/count/reference that land.

So yes, M13 Lili and Crypt Ghast will affect a basic Island if you have a Realmwright out with Swamp chosen.
Sweet! So if i have a Breeding Pool out and it gets the swamp type, I could tap for  but get a with it? I dont have to tap for the black to generate the 2nd mana? Didnt realise that! (Though i should have!)

Thanks guys - youve confirmed me for building one crazy mill deck =D 

Sweet! So if i have a Breeding Pool out and it gets the swamp type, I could tap for  but get a with it? I dont have to tap for the black to generate the 2nd mana? Didnt realise that! (Though i should have!)

It's not like that. You're simply tapping for ; you get what you want to, not something else. You don't get two mana, just one, chosen from among the three different colors it can produce.

The normal Breeding Pool have two mana abilities:

: Add to your mana pool.

Then if Realmwright gives it the swamp subtype in addition to its other types, it will have three mana abilities:

(the reminder text is simplified, having the two separated abilities look like one. You could see the new swamp-fied Pool as having ": Add , or to your mana pool", same thing).

[<o>]
Hi will_dice

My last comment was presuming I had Crypt Ghast out aswel!

Thanks for the extra explination though =)
Hi will_dice

My last comment was presuming I had Crypt Ghast out aswel!

Thanks for the extra explination though =)

Oh, I should have seen that. Sorry for the confusion.

To let it clear, yes, if you tap the swamp-fied Breeding Pool for your Ghast still gives you . The same is true if you're tapping a regular Watery Grave for .

[<o>]