Huntmaster of the Fells & Geist of Saint Traft

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
May I ask for some advice?

I am a fan of Huntmaster of the Fells & Geist of Saint Traft.  Beautifully designed cards in my opinion (although the Geist can be frustrating for opponents).

They are very expensive right now, but will both soon rotate out from Standard.

Do you guys agree that it is fair to predict that, for Magic Online:

1.  Huntmaster  will drop around 50% after it rotates out of standard?
2.  Geist will drop around 25% after it rotates out of standard?

I think that Geist is less vulnerable to price drops post-rotation because it is very playable in Modern, but Huntmaster is unlikely to see a huge amount of Modern play.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

I am a fan of Huntmaster of the Fells & Geist of Saint Traft.  Beautifully designed cards in my opinion (although the Geist can be frustrating for opponents).

They are very pricy right now, but will both soon rotate out from Standard.

Do you guys agree that it is fair to predict that:

I think that Geist is less vulnerable to price drops post-rotation because it is very playable in Modern, but Huntmaster is unlikely to see a huge amount of Modern play.

Mythics that are overpowered do tend to hold value better than others but look at Baneslayer Angel to see how that goes.

Winter.Wolf (ugh at this new forum with the ridiculous double login)

They are very pricy right now, but will both soon rotate out from Standard.

Do you guys agree that it is fair to predict that:

Mythics that are overpowered do tend to hold value better than others but look at Baneslayer Angel to see how that goes.

Baneslayer got reprinted a few times and THEN rotated out -> oversupply.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
OMG the Thundermaw Hellkite might suffer the same fate as the Baneslayer Angel!     Sell them off to bots fast LOL.

But does everyone agree that Huntsmaster will take a massive dive down in price post-rotation?

What is the poin of this thread?

Any awnser you get is pure speculation.

Every card gets a dive post rotation (with some exceptions). The % of that is dependant on more levels. Is it playable in older formats? Would casual/edh/multiplayer people want to buy it? Is it still redeemable? Will there ever be a new card released that will brake any formats if combined with this card?

I just hope you are not trying to convince random people that they should sell off X card and by the way you would be soo good to take them of their hands while they're at it. 
Look at Karn Liberated. Still mighty expensive, but the price fluctuates. I managed to buy them at 13 last year and sell at 26 a month ago, and quite without speculating - I just wanted to try the Modern deck last year. Probably an extreme example, but this one is due (IMHO) to Mike Flores and his

Third. Turn. Karn.

Now (again, IMHO) the deck is not tier one anymore, but Karn is still expensive. So go figure.

Go draft, young man, go draft!

It will drop a lot more when it drops out of redemption also.
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
Dear all,

My prediction came true.  The price of Huntmaster and Geist have dropped DRAMATICALLY since I posted my first thread above advising you to sell them.

At the time of my original post they were both at around 27 tickets on the secondary market.  WOW have the mighty fallen!!

The same goes for Restoration Angel. 
Sign In to post comments