b\w\g vizkopa build

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am attempting to build a deck around the vizkopa guildmage and I am looking for some help on cleaning it up. I plan on keeping it standard legal for an upcoming charity event, but may eventually turn it to full casual. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
this looks like an interesting deck...you might want to try adding in cards with extort, like syndic of tithes, kingpin's pet, vizkopa confessor, etc. these guys really help bleed your opponent and fuel the guildmage even if you dont play life gain spells. you could also get chalice of life, because thats 1 life per turn (and 1 damage with the guildmage's ability), and your likely to transform it

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
I think some more extort may be useful in keeping pressure going while I am waiting for get the cards I need to get rolling. Also, I think I will replace a vault with a chalice. Thank you for the help. 
Avacyn's Pilgrim over Arbor Elf?
You only have 8 forests in the deck.

Chalice of Life/Chalice of Death over a Heroes' Reunion?
I know the reunion is big (downright huge with the guildmage out), but I really don't think you want to go down a land.

Heck I'm almost tempted to tell you to knock out the other two Reunions for Farseeks because you're playing right at the edge of a competitive curve imo (six 4-drops, three 5-drops, and two Vault of the Archangels, plus any extort triggers and/or guildmage activations you may want to pay for).

I say almost, because I have never really built a successful lifegain deck and don't know how much is enough especially now since your considering a threshold value of 30+ life to flip the chalice.

Just give it some thought, that's all.  Nice build overall.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.