Blu/Blk Discard Deck

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

I had originally tried to make a tri-color (blue-black-white) deck that paired discards with the Extort ability, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.  So, I finally settled on a blue-black discard-Cipher deck.  I'm just getting back into standard play after a 5 year absence, and I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on my deck.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

Just wanted to make clear that discard and mill are two very different things, as one directly affects the opponent's CA, where the other doesn't.

Examples of discard: Duress, Appetite for Brains, Mind Rot, etc.

Examples of mill: Paranoid Delusions, Thought Scour, Dream Twist, etc.

As far as the deck that you have, Mill isn't very competitive in the format at the moment. Also, I know you're probably limited on cards as you're just getting back into the game, but you have to focus on making your deck more consistent by aiming to get more copies of cards. This will help you reduce the random factor of your deck, and allow you to better predict what cards you'll see throughout the game.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

Thank you for the clarification in terms, along with the handy examples, as well as your advice about the competitiveness of Mill.  I may have to rethink my attempt at working white mana and extort creatures back into the mix.  You are correct that I am limited in cards because I have just gotten back into the game, however I am working on that.  Also, can you recommend a good site for purchasing singles (my local game store doesn't sell singles)?

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

Thank you for the clarification in terms, along with the handy examples, as well as your advice about the competitiveness of Mill.  I may have to rethink my attempt at working white mana and extort creatures back into the mix.  You are correct that I am limited in cards because I have just gotten back into the game, however I am working on that.  Also, can you recommend a good site for purchasing singles (my local game store doesn't sell singles)?

Starcitygames.com and Channelfireball.com are two of the best-stocked sites. However, tcgplayer.com is like the Amazon.com of the Magic World. They have the cheapest prices, but the stock may be inconsistent, and you may have to purchase from multiple retailers to get the best deal. Just depends whether you prefer to save, or whether you prefer convenience.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

The odds of hardcasting Omniscience in the current standard meta are slim to none. I suggest dropping it. Good luck!