Nessian Courser as a Centaur Token

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quick question to each reader. Would you personally have a problem if a player used a Nessian Courser card as a Centaur token from say Call of the Conclave in Standard? While it is technically another card, it is obviously not legal in Standard, doesn't look legal by any means, and gives an accurate represantation of the token.
I was looking at all the textless cards from Future Sight

and thought it would be a pretty cool looking token. 
I would have no problem with it personally. I wouldn't recommend it at anything more competitive than a local FNM, but it's not a bad idea. I use a a Knight of the Mists with everything but the art painted black with blue accents as a knight token though, so I might be biased.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
I would have no problem with it.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Just don't put the Courser in the same sleeves of the deck, and you're fine.
[<o>]
Personally I wouldnt object.

You might want to alter the card to obscure the mana cost and "warrior" subtype though.

~ Tim   
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Don't commons cost more than tokens? It won't be cost efficient.