ICD: Balduvian Slavemaster

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Balduvian Slavemaster (3)(B)(B)
Creature- Ogre Warrior
When " " etb, put 5 0/1 white Slave tokens onto the battlefield under your control.
When you lose control of " ", exile all Slaves you control. Target opponent puts X 1/1
red and white Soldier tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the number
of creatures exiled in this way.
3/3  

Clever. I don't see the reasoning behind making the 1/1 tokens r/w though. They would work just as fine as white tokens, and you can't really add red for extra rage or whatever.

I really enjoy the flavor of this, though. Nice work. And it's fun mechanically as well since it sets up an interesting kind of mini-game where you're trying to use up your slaves before your opponent can kill your slave master. ...I mean, it's not particularly nice flavor, but it's good flavor. >_> 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Clever. I don't see the reasoning behind making the 1/1 tokens r/w though. They would work just as fine as white tokens, and you can't really add red for extra rage or whatever.

I really enjoy the flavor of this, though. Nice work. And it's fun mechanically as well since it sets up an interesting kind of mini-game where you're trying to use up your slaves before your opponent can kill your slave master. ...I mean, it's not particularly nice flavor, but it's good flavor. >_> 

I see this card as a poem. The tokens' being red is part of that poem. Think of the connotations of red; even as a colour before a philospophy. And do not merely look at Red. It is of importance that in our live we do not just look but rather strive to see; in this world it is only with true sight that one can make his way unhindered to the path of the righteous. Only once you see the world as it is will you begin to appreciate the artsmanship of the Lord, and thus understand the many beauties of his work. And then, you may read the poem and understand.
Anyway, it would be weird if they stayed as suppressed and obedient as before. It makes more sense that they become passionate, individualistic, freedom-loving, angry, and all of the other red qualities that are associated with its philosophy.