DC: Sunblast Angel

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Sunblast Angel

I like this card.  I think it's a really fun casual/edh card.  I can't remember if it ever saw any constructed play but I'm leaning towards a no.

Still, I think this card can be a lot of fun especially in multiplayer games where you can really turn the tides.

Thumbs up

Discuss! 
I've taken to running Sunblast Angel in a blue/white deck with Blustersquall and various other tapp methods to wipe boards clean, even in multiplayer.
I don't know how many games I lost to turn 5 Gideon Jura, +2 Gideon, turn 6 Sunblast Angel, but it was a lot.  Like, if I had a dollar for every time I saw they turn sequance I could probably by a small country.....like Ireland.  How I hated Blue/White Control.  And of course JtMS was always there on turn 4.  How does Aggro deal in the face of that kind of CA?  Answer?  Don't play Aggro.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
I've seen it in a few blink builds.

It's a one-sided boardwipe at three mana less than Plague Wind, with wings.

It's also the only angel in my Kaalia of the Vast EDH deck that Kaalia herself never summons. Come to think of it, she's also in Sharuum the Hegemon, Rith, the Awakener, Doran, the Siege Tower, Ghave, Guru of Spores, Rafiq of the Many, Mayael the Anima, Treva, the Renewer, Dromar, the Banisher, and Numot, the Devastator.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
If you're running enough mana ramp or a longer game deck, Sunblast can be brutal with cards like Cryptic Command, or any other card that taps creatures in mass. Cryptic is my favorite, since it's ALL opponents' creatures, and doesn't touch your own. There's such easier ways to sweep a board though. Sunblast has it's uses, but it's kind of a blunt instrument, not very accurate. Kind of like a hammer vs. katana.