The Durai Papers #17

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
< #16: Stomping Ambushers

Possessive Phantasm |
Creature - Illusion
Flying
If you would put a card into your hand from anywhere, you may return Possessive Phantasm to its owner's hand instead.
2/2

:>

I don't know how useful this would be. It protects other creatures from Unsummon (or similar cards), and you can use it to replace card draw (why would you want to do that most of the time?). But I dunno, maybe someone would find it useful somewhere (like keeping your Zephyr Spirit on the battlefield!!!).

- AJD
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Seems good against mill...
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Yeah, not much else to say about it. But I don't think it's even that good against mill TBH. There are more useful cards to skip draws (and I don't think this would help against an empty library), or just plain better strategies.

Anyway, I'll try something different for the next card.

- AJD
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Man - I don't claim to know nothing - but this thing be solid as stone. I like it all with honest words and sincere gestures. That's a rightly interesting ability and it be shameful that a good card like this only be having one little response whilst that ugly monster shetmuck card has five holy pages! I'd be real down with seeing this effect on the real cardboard. You ain't doin' nothing wrong - sometimes it just takes some social development before people feel more into commenting on designers' makings.
Its not great, but not terrible. It feels pretty solidly middle of the road. I actually like it for its solid averageness.
Sign In to post comments