standard Budget: simic (mid) agro

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
cheap and hellishly efficient for the price. its kinda hopeless vs control though, but blue has nice cheap options like negate to sideboard in vs sweeps, and flash helps as well.

you have quite a few cards with more than 1 colored mana in their mana costs...so it may be difficult to cast some of your spells. with some of your cards, your going to draw/play specific lands in order to cast them...like how strangleroot geist and wolfir avenger both need 2 green mana, but dungeon geists needs 2 blue mana...

you just have a lot of specific mana requirements that might be hard to meet (especially for a 2 color deck) 

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
you have quite a few cards with more than 1 colored mana in their mana costs...so it may be difficult to cast some of your spells. with some of your cards, your going to draw/play specific lands in order to cast them...like how strangleroot geist and wolfir avenger both need 2 green mana, but dungeon geists needs 2 blue mana...

you just have a lot of specific mana requirements that might be hard to meet (especially for a 2 color deck) 

He can still curve out perfectly through those three cards, even with basics - t1 forest, t2 forest, Strangleroot, t3 island Avenger, t4 island Dungeon, to say nothing of the 8 nonbasics he's running ;)

That said, I'd really recommend Elusive Krasis for the deck - pretty much everything will evolve it, and it can become viscious fairly quickly.

He can still curve out perfectly through those three cards, even with basics - t1 forest, t2 forest, Strangleroot, t3 island Avenger, t4 island Dungeon, to say nothing of the 8 nonbasics he's running ;)

That said, I'd really recommend Elusive Krasis for the deck - pretty much everything will evolve it, and it can become viscious fairly quickly.

if he happens to get those lands in his opening hand or draws into them at the right time...it depends on luck really. just because it can happen doesn't mean it's reliable

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
its more common that i have perfect mana for my hand than that i get screwed on colors. Often i have to work around the mana available but finding myself with 2 islands and only (or no islands and mostly blue) is very rare. without duallands it would be harder but i would probably add some abundant growth for that.

im missing out on some t1 1 drops here and there though, but the deck doesnt really go off till t3+ anyway so it usually works out.
Sign In to post comments