Hello and suggestions for max DPR

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
1st I am new here thank you for asking :D 2nd I would love any suggestions you all might have for a super high DPR at lvl 12. This is what I am thinking.

Bugbear Slayer with an oversized gouge

any race with a Dex boost so idk a elf would work 
Scout with a double axe and Headsman's Chop. Being that we will have a ranger knocking guys down

pixie Thief backstabbing with a Rapier just because I like pixies and we are playing a Feywild game

or  charge package (horned helm, vanguard weapon, badge of the berserker) 

and on top of it all
frostcheese

so let me know what you guys think 
I think pick one, come back with a build and we'll talk.
1st I am new here thank you for asking :D 2nd I would love any suggestions you all might have for a super high DPR at lvl 12. This is what I am thinking.

Bugbear Slayer with an oversized gouge

any race with a Dex boost so idk a elf would work 
Scout with a double axe and Headsman's Chop. Being that we will have a ranger knocking guys down

pixie Thief backstabbing with a Rapier just because I like pixies and we are playing a Feywild game

or  charge package (horned helm, vanguard weapon, badge of the berserker) 

and on top of it all
frostcheese

so let me know what you guys think 

None of those have "super high DPR"
I recommend this thread for top DPR builds that a small group have worked on (though some of them are unplayable) there is a human thief daggermaster there.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
By some, he means the top... 8 or so at level 12. They're either based on tricky math to get very large "equivalent" numbers or unrealistic assumptions of monster behavior.

I think the ranger¦fighter/huntmaster is probably the highest one that works as advertised in practice?
I got to about 200 DPR (>1.5 KPR) for 4 rounds at level 12 in a perfectly legal way with a monk. Here's the build with the explanation. The drawback is that it's not single target, and it works best with two adjacent enemies, one enemy within 5 and one enemy within 10 squares. 
Where to start ...

Lets start with relevance to this thread: A Monk isn't. A level 14 Character isn't.

Now, legality: Sarifal's Blessing is a Utility power, so Battlemaster's Weapon is your only option. You're way over budget, especially for a level 12. Your math for KPR uses 4 target damage being dealt to 3 targets. Blistering Brand isn't a Tripple tap, -25 points for hufflepuff. Low Slash deals 34.5 (2.5+6dex+6cha+4item+3enh+3feat+10vuln)

Gamey: 3rd round AP, playing Dailies off as an Encounter Resource, Adjacent creatures assumed with no method of accomplishing that itself. Face it, you built it for DPR Kings so you could post BIG NUMBERS, and then outright ignored their rules because your numbers weren't as big as you'd like even with their absurd multi-target calculations. And again to reiterate, using multiple above level items

Yes, I just dared to guess at your intentions. The alternative to you being a dishonest cheat, is that you didn't actually read the wording of a lot of the mechanics you used, and just went off of vague memories of things being good.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
That's not even DPR, you have no hit chance on it. Yours is approximately .65, meaning your KPR by your own selectively truncated turn breakdown is actually merely 1.08, and further based on horribly implausible positioning requirements and the use of non-encounter resources. 

Though, yes, it's quite true that Sarifel Feywarden is a broken pile and Desert Wind Monks who use it can put out quite respectable numbers.
If he doesn't get his exact positioning, he does something like this:
Quicksilver Motion
Minor: Sarifal's Blessing
AP(now invisible until EoNT): Blistering Flourish
Free Action: Slide enemy 3 on hit(Satyr Racial) next to another enemy
Move Adjacent to both of them
Standard: Fist of One Hundred Strikes(and do 2 FoBs against 4 targets each because Unseen Hand+Starblade Flurry each give an extra target.

Magic Items definitely are on the super-high side. And I'd swap out Two Fisted Shooter for Cunning Stalker to make things simpler. And get a 20 Dex/16 Cha and emergency bonus to hit just in case. But...
So is "Tripple tap" some kind of CharOp inside joke/reference or what? I feel like I see it too often just just be a misspelling.
I am honestly incapable of spelling it with only one "p", and since the spell check is broken for me for some reason (probably some addon) I'm not enticed to fix it to get rid of the red line. If anyone else is doing it, it's likely because of me.
So you're saying you might be a trendsetter? Tongue Out
Well, I did invent moonfire spam.
Well, I did invent moonfire spam.

?
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
World of Warcraft Druid reference. Don't worry about it.
Now now guys, I know you get a bit riled up when people post a link to their own builds, but there's no reason we can't be civil about it.

You're right about the Salve of Power, item budget and Low Slash thing. If I ever link to the build again I'll fix that.

Regarding 4 FoBs vs 3 targets, I see no reason that the Starblade and Unseen Hand FoB can't target the same enemy if it's within 5.
I know Burning Brand isn't a tripple tap. I might've written it down a little confusingly, but in the damage calculation it only deals damage twice.

You're free to guess at my intentions, which were mostly to post a cool and effective build which I hadn't seen before, and which was inspired by the build in the OP. Monks have a notoriously difficult time putting up big damage numbers by paragon, so when I found a way to make that possible I decided to post it. I also admitted that instead of going through exact DPR calculations for which I'm not smart enough, I just posted the damage that the build could do if things went your way (hit with all your attacks, two enemies adjacent, one within 5). If that's not good enough for your standards, well tough I guess. That's also one of the reasons I believe I didn't post the build in the DPR kings thread, since I didn't know if it could actually claim a spot in the top 10.

So let me just say thank you pointing out errors in my build, since that will help me to not make them in the future!
Both Starblade and Unseen Hand say to target additional creatures, 4 targets is 4 targets. There's multiple wordings that could mean "a creature within 5 also takes flurry damage, even if it already took it", but neither of them use those wordings, they use the wording that means "+1 target"

2triple

noun

Definition of TRIPLE

a : a triple sum, quantity, or number

b : a combination, group, or series of three

2triple

noun

Definition of TRIPLE

a : a triple sum, quantity, or number

b : a combination, group, or series of three

Thanks Bajat.
So is "Tripple tap" some kind of CharOp inside joke/reference or what? I feel like I see it too often just just be a misspelling.

I know Burning Brand isn't a tripple tap.

I should have probably quoted this when i posted the proper spelling and definition. The continuation of that line of thinking would have carried more humor.

But.. Raegoul if you feel like handing out the lowest form of insult for a misrepresented joke than you go right ahead.
Apparently it is to you. The CharOp forum is not "build my character for me". That is both true, and a standard response.
I’ve removed content from this thread because baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

I've removed content from this thread. Trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Please remember to keep your posts polite, on topic and refrain from personal attacks. You are free to disagree with one another as long as it is done in a respectful manner. 
We're being invaded by orcs. Surprised
Wow, don't think I've ever been ORC'ed before... I actually meant it in a dysfunctional family hug kind of way, but whatever.
Wow, don't think I've ever been ORC'ed before... I actually meant it in a dysfunctional family hug kind of way, but whatever.

Shows how dysfunctional we are!

So this if what I ened up makeing the mr know what you all think and good day 

I can honestly say I've never seen a character posted in that fashion, made me laugh. In the future, a far easier way of doing it from the OCB is to select "Character Summary" from the Character Sheet Style dropdown at the top of the page and just paste the text summary here.
HEHEHEH thank you will do next time :D

Reserve manuver Masterstroke.
Sign In to post comments