Regeneration

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
1. Clay Statue has a regenerate shield on. I target it two times with Decimate. Is it saved?
2. Clay Statue has a regenerate shield on. I target it two times with kicked Orim's Thunder. Is it saved?
3. Do regeneration shields stack? If I use Blight Mamba's ability twice, let them resolve and then hit Mamba two times with Lightning Bolt, does Mamba survive?
1. it will be regenerated, then destroyed
2. same as above
3. the Mamba survives, shields do stack, and only one is used up per destruction event
proud member of the 2011 community team
One interesting note is that if you have an animated Spawning Pool and someone casts an Incendiary Command with the second and third modes, a single regeneration shield would suffice. First, it's dealt damage, but SBAs aren't checked yet. Then it would be destroyed, but regeneration replaces this and removes the marked damage. Then the spell finishes resolving, but there's no longer lethal damage, so the creature survives.

When the "destroy" effect precedes the damage, as on Orim's Thunder, two shields are required.
Isn't only one regeneration shield necessary? Decimate has only one verb, so all the permanents are destroyed simultaneously. I thought destroying a permanent multiple times simultaneously worked the same as destroying it once.
Rules Advisor
Isn't only one regeneration shield necessary? Decimate has only one verb, so all the permanents are destroyed simultaneously. I thought destroying a permanent multiple times simultaneously worked the same as destroying it once.

You are correct. In the first situation the statue survives with just one regeneration shield.

Sign In to post comments