Omnidoor Thragfire

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
This deck introduced by Woo Brews has been a smash hit for me at my local FNM. Been playing it for the past 4 weeks and have taken 1st place three times, and had to leave early for one of the nights. Anyway, I need help figuring out what cards (if any) I should add in to the deck from Gatecrash. Here is the list I run.

Lands
1x Plains
1x Island
1x Forest
1x Kessig Wolf Run
3x Hallowed Fountain
2x Glacial Fortress
4x Hinterland Harbor
4x Temple Garden
1x Alchemist's Refuge
2x Overgrown Tomb
4x Sunpetal Grove
1x Steam Vents

(25 Lands)

Mainboard
1x Angel of Serenity
1x Griselbrand
1x Thragtusk
2x Sphinx's Revelation
2x Gilded Lotus
3x Chromatic Lantern
2x Terminus
4x Supreme Verdict
2x Temporal Mastery
1x Door to Nothingness
4x Increasing Ambition
1x Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
4x Farseek
1x Omniscience
4x Ranger's Path
1x Worldfire
1x Curse of Echoes

(35 Spells)

Sideboard
4x Centaur Healer
1x Staff of Nin
1x Oblivion Ring
3x Thragtusk
1x Planar Cleansing
2x Terminus
1x Temporal Mastery
2x Sphinx's Revelation

Here's Mr Woo's breakdown of the deck..

The deck stalls with Supreme Verdict, Thragtusk, and Terminus. It ramps hard with Farseek, Chromatic Lantern, Ranger’s Path, and Gilded Lotus. It refuels with Sphinx’s Revelation. It finds the missing pieces with Increasing Ambition. And then—all hell breaks loose.

Omniscience hits play. Nicol Bolas hits play. Griselbrand hits play. Cards are drawn. Increasing Ambition finds Temporal Mastery. An extra turn begins. A massive Griselbrand swings with a Kessig Wolf Run pump. Increasing Ambition is flashed back to find another Temporal Mastery and a Door to Nothingness. Another extra turn begins. Nicol Bolas ultimates. “Really?” The opponent asks. “Really?”

Yes.

YES!

And then we shut the door in our opponent’s face.

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Post gategrash I can already see you having trouble with Boros because of their Boros Charm.

Maybe increase the Terminus and remove 2 Verdict when playing Boros.

What are the Curse of Echoes there for?

How do you do against hand disruption?

add more forests for starters

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Post gategrash I can already see you having trouble with Boros because of their Boros Charm.

Maybe increase the Terminus and remove 2 Verdict when playing Boros.

What are the Curse of Echoes there for?

How do you do against hand disruption?

So far I have not had any trouble with boros nor their charm (yet). And this list is altered to adapt well in the meta at my shop. The Curse of Echoes is in the main board due to the amount of American Midrange, and UW Control. Getting that curse to stick allows me to copy my opponents counter spell to counter the original they are trying to cast. when they sphinx for 4 cards and 4 life I get 4 cards and 4 life as well(actually I get my life and cards first, therefore if I were to run counterspells I could counter their sphinx after my copy has resolved) and hand disruption e.i. Rakdos's Return is the only problem I have witnessed. The majority of the time it hits me for 2-3. but A Sphinx's Revelation for double what the Rakdos's hit me for is a nice rebound.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

I wanted to not go overboard with shock lands because i'd cut my life in half using them the turn they came in. But I was thinking about replacing the one island I have in there for the Breeding Pool. I run 10 shock lands now adding that would make it 11. It could make the difference between having that green mana to play a (very nice) T2 Farseek instead of just an island. Thanks for the suggestion
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
The most obvious addition from GateCrash is, of course, Enter the Infinite. If you're going to go for a deck like this, might as well go all out. Call it the "Infinite Omnidoor." I'm too much of a chicken, and would add in an Elixir of Immortality just so I don't have to worry about decking myself.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Back at the Paper game PO5TMAN? And doing well, by the sounds of it! I may proxy the deck and give it a whirl, seems pretty fun. I already have a large chunk of the pieces...
For a couple weeks of FNM I main boarded 2 elixer's due to Jace's pinging me for 10-20. but enter the infinite would only be good if I had the game locked up and am just wanting to mess around. I draw enough from the Sphinx when I pop it off for 10+

and Hakeem, since when have you delved into the paper magic style? I started back up when I stumbled upon the article with this deck on it! going on a couple months now. I missed the FNM scene. Hope you have been doing good.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

I wanted to not go overboard with shock lands because i'd cut my life in half using them the turn they came in. But I was thinking about replacing the one island I have in there for the Breeding Pool. I run 10 shock lands now adding that would make it 11. It could make the difference between having that green mana to play a (very nice) T2 Farseek instead of just an island. Thanks for the suggestion

you should be able to cut some of the other forests you have to make room for more forests.  at the very least, i think you want to make room for at least 1 of each, right?

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

Photobucket

you should be able to cut some of the other forests you have to make room for more forests.  at the very least, i think you want to make room for at least 1 of each, right?

I need 4 temple's for the terminus's and for my sideboard options. and the overgrown tombs are already limited to 2. Gilded Lotus and Chromatic Lantern provide me with the color of mana needed. For wolf run I fetch the only steam vents in the deck. As for casting the 7-10cmc cards, I wouldn't really be able to (easily) without the artifacts. But the only thing I would possibly change is the island into a Breeding Pool and the Steam Vents into a Stomping Ground
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I ran this deck for the last month and had to retire it a week ago. Aggro is dominant right now, at least at my LCSs, and would kill be before I could sweep. I could only possibly stabalize if I had both Farseek and Supreme Verdict in the opening hand which was uncommon. Even then, "Sweep Proof" creatures like Stangleroot Geist and Geralf's Messenger in addition to Boros Charm and Skullcrack, the deck wasn't fast enough for me. I will most likely return to the deck after Travis makes his GTC changes to fix this problem.
I ran this deck for the last month and had to retire it a week ago. Aggro is dominant right now, at least at my LCSs, and would kill be before I could sweep. I could only possibly stabalize if I had both Farseek and Supreme Verdict in the opening hand which was uncommon. Even then, "Sweep Proof" creatures like Stangleroot Geist and Geralf's Messenger in addition to Boros Charm and Skullcrack, the deck wasn't fast enough for me. I will most likely return to the deck after Travis makes his GTC changes to fix this problem.

The deck isn't supposed to be good against aggressive decks. Its built to beat Bant Control and its ilk.

(at)MrEnglish22

The deck isn't supposed to be good against aggressive decks. Its built to beat Bant Control and its ilk.

Yes, I understand that. However at big tournaments and my personal local card shops, Aggro is the dominant Archetype and Bant Control is a thing of the past. I'm not saying don't run the deck, but be aware it's time an energy that might be moot in the next week or two. I loved the deck and will be reverting back to it once Midrange takes the lead again.
i could see some sort of bant/4color crazy ramp strategy with farseek, ranger's path, some sort of artifact ramper (keyrune/latern) into thrags, serenties, maybe sphinx of uthuun, drogskol reaver, and whatever.  you will need help, again, with early defense.

Photobucket

When is that GTC going to take place?
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
GTC just got released on MTGO yesterday (Friday) so I would assume in the next couple days, though he said he was a little burnt out on Omnidoor about a month ago so he may work on something new first. He streams about every night so you can watch him play test.