Newbie problems!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just joined today and trying to use Character builder to build my Level 8 Rogue Elf.

The Powers available are different to the powers in the Players Handbook. The Attacks don't seem to be there at all, not sure if I'm just being dull?

Anyone out there with any advice?

Ta
BlazeArjhan
Hello BlazeArjhan and welcome to the D&D Community!

Did you built your Rogue using Thief by selecting Build a Quick Essential Character? This may explain the problem as this greatly limit your accessibility.

If you select Build a Custom Character instead when launching the Character Builder, you should be able to build an Elf Rogue and select powers accordingly. 

If you have any trouble with the Character Builder, please contact Customer Service for assistance. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Hello BlazeArjhan and welcome to the D&D Community!

Did you built your Rogue using Thief by selecting Build a Quick Essential Character? This may explain the problem as this greatly limit your accessibility.

If you select Build a Custom Character instead when launching the Character Builder, you should be able to build an Elf Rogue and select powers accordingly. 

If you have any trouble with the Character Builder, please contact Customer Service for assistance. 

I am doing something wrong, too.  I did use Build a Custom Character for my level 1 rogue.  The only options under Powers I get is to pick two Rogue's Tricks.  Shouldn't I be able to pick my Level 1 at-will, encounter and daily exploits?
Oh I figured it out!  You have to be careful what class you select.  Also, there is an optional choose to make under class called 'Build'.  If you pick one, that picks your powers for you.