Angel Overseer question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
My son attackes with a 6/6 creature and I block with Angelic Overseer, does the Angel die since it's indestructible?
If it's indestructible, it won't be destroyed by lethal damage.

Angelic Overseer is only indestructible as long as you control a human.
An indestructible creature cannot be destroyed. Only three things in Magic cause destruction: 1) effects that use the word "destroy", 2) lethal damage marked on a creature, 3) damage to a creature from a source with deathtouch. Those are the things indestructible helps against.

Your Angelic Overseer lives. Be careful, though! If you lose control of your last human during that same turn and thus you angel loses the indestructability, the still lethally damaged Overseer will be destroyed. Marked damage stays on permanents until it gets removed in the cleanup step or until an effect removes it (regeneration, totem armor).

My second community draft, with the format being Zendikar/Worldwake/Rise of the Eldrazi, is now facing the Rise of the Eldrazi. If you like to draft, maybe check it out. We'd like to hear your thoughts on the picks.

CD2: General

My community draft experiment with DTK/DTK/FRF is concluded now. If you want to, you can check it out and maybe build some decks from the pools. I've already build my own take on that.

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

I forgot to say that I DID have 3 humans on the field too!  Thanks for the quick replies.
Sign In to post comments