Guild letters spoiling the Champions?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Today's arcana showed all the guild letters, and half of them are signed by named characters who're not the Guild Leaders. Orzhov is signed by Teysa, who's pretty much a given to be their Champion. Thoughts?
Please always link the article you're referring to! =< [Click]

Interesting, it could be for some of them.

Azorius: Elocutor Karol - likely
Orzhov: Teysa Karlov - almost confirmed, everything else would be a letdown
Dimir: none
Izzet: Singe, Goblin Chemister of the Izzet - possible, never heard of him before honestly
Rakdos: Exava the Bloodwitch - Lyzolda replacement, but imho another bloodwitch would be a little bit lame, still not unlikely
Golgari: signed by Jarad
Gruul: none - Maybe a wurm champion? Their last one wasn't exactly chosen for personality either.
Boros: Yaszen - unlikely imo, he's just in charge for recruitment and education; Grozdan or Anksa are better bets imho (Tajic is too Izzet)
Selesnya: Molander, Archdruid of the Conclave - Me wants Troslon! T-T
Simic: singed by Zegana
If Selesnya don't get Troslon I'm gonna have to start stabbing people, it was a big enough let down when Loxodon Smiter wound up being, well, Loxodon Smiter.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Me gusta. These are the same guildletters from the first time around, are they not? Makes me wish I kept my Boros and Orzhov ones.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I think I would be irritated if they did not print a new Teysa.
If Selesnya don't get Troslon I'm gonna have to start stabbing people, it was a big enough let down when Loxodon Smiter wound up being, well, Loxodon Smiter.

Troslon can take a flying leap (what, never heard of a flying elephant before?), I want a damn Emmara card.
I want a damn Emmara card.

Troslon can take a flying leap (what, never heard of a flying elephant before?), I want a damn Emmara card.

"Where's my elephant!"
-Bart Simpson
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

who

who

Jace's elven lady friend, who has been specially chosen by Trostani for some purpose in the ebook.
This was impossibly vague, but Trostani wants to unite the guilds as a way of preventing civil war.
Emmara is to help with that task, and to that end she sought to recruit Jace to the Conclave since she thought his skills as a mind-reader would be instrumental in negotiations.
Then she got mixed up in all this Implicit Maze crap.

Those signed by their Guild Leaders, if they were signed at all, are all ruled out for this theory.
That leaves Selesnya, Boros, Rakdos, Izzet, Orzhov, and Azorius. I have not read the ebook, or any actual story line for Ravnica, so my own theories are completely opinionated.

Of the 6 I listed above, I don't think Boros, Izzet, or Azorius' letter-signer is the champion.
Boros, because Yaszen is from the theatre of recruitment. Not strategy, fighting, or anything to do with fighting.
Izzet, purely because I don't think a goblin chemist would represent the guild as well as... anything else, really.
and Azorius, because I do not think an Elocutor, even if they were champion, would do something as mundane as signing acceptance letters.

The other 3, however, have titles or canon that could link them as the champions. Archdruid, "Favored of Rakdos," and Grand Envoy all seem pretty high ranking to me.

And all will know the wonder of my dark and jeweled sky, when all the world is wrapped in an eternal lullaby.

I don't see them keeping the same guild leader AND guild champion for Orzoph. I doubt Tesya will be in Dragon's Maze. Instead I expect to be disappointed by that assassain character in that one flavor text whose name I can't be bothered to remember (The dissapointment coming from the fact that there is no way to characterize the guy enough to make him interesting as an assassain jerk).
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I don't see them keeping the same guild leader AND guild champion for Orzoph. I doubt Tesya will be in Dragon's Maze. Instead I expect to be disappointed by that assassain character in that one flavor text whose name I can't be bothered to remember (The dissapointment coming from the fact that there is no way to characterize the guy enough to make him interesting as an assassain jerk).

With only a handful of potentially returning characters in Dragon Maze (compare with RTR and GTC which had multiple returning characters each) and Teysa being the most likely to return I would be surprised if she was not printed in the set somewhere.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Those signed by their Guild Leaders, if they were signed at all, are all ruled out for this theory.
That leaves Selesnya, Boros, Rakdos, Izzet, Orzhov, and Azorius. I have not read the ebook, or any actual story line for Ravnica, so my own theories are completely opinionated.

Of the 6 I listed above, I don't think Boros, Izzet, or Azorius' letter-signer is the champion.
Boros, because Yaszen is from the theatre of recruitment. Not strategy, fighting, or anything to do with fighting.
Izzet, purely because I don't think a goblin chemist would represent the guild as well as... anything else, really.
and Azorius, because I do not think an Elocutor, even if they were champion, would do something as mundane as signing acceptance letters.

The other 3, however, have titles or canon that could link them as the champions. Archdruid, "Favored of Rakdos," and Grand Envoy all seem pretty high ranking to me.

Actually, a Goblin Chemister seems just as likely as a Human Wizard couple. He's major enough to be trusted with writing the acceptance letter, he must be someone in the League.

The Azorius champion is most likely Leonos, Augustin's successor.

Fans are hoping Troslan will be the Selesnya champ, but an Archdruid seems likely too.

Sign In to post comments