4 Woodland Cemetery
3 Godless Shrine
4 Isolated Chapel
3 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove
1 Swamp

-Sideboard-
     *TBD*

This is the rough draft of what I've been working on. I realize that this may be way off competative target, but I am willing to make the changes required that will make it competative (if at all possible). Budget/Card choice isn't an issue considering I have most of what is standard at the moment.
   I am open to any and all suggestions/opinions. Please feel free to fire away.

--Other Cards Considered--
Show

Appetite for Brains     Side Board vs Duress
Ultimate Price             GTC brought a bunch of new Multicolored threats...
Blind Obedience         Definately SB, MB possible according to Meta
Liliana of the Veil       Her abilities would all be relavent, but wrestles with 3.0...
Deathrite Shaman      Synergizes very well with Lili of the Veil
Garruk Relentless      His search ability is wasted on the current list.
Merciless Eviction       SB in certain matchups, possible MB
Sever the Bloodline    REALLY want to find room for this in the MB, SB worthy.
Armada Wurm            Only real creature considered so far.

The Deck has tested pretty good so far. It survives the opening onslaught from Boros and G/R consistantly thus far, barring they get a nut draw. You can ride plenty of the PW's to wins once you hold the board a few turns. Rakdos Aggro is a bit harder to deal with so far.

The lands seem a tad funky so far for Lili 3.0. not sure if the land base is worth tweaking to get more out of her ability or just swap her for Liliana of the Veil. 3.0's 2nd ability has been cute with keyrunes and finishing so far though.
Here is the other version of the deck using Liliana of the Veil and Deathrite Shaman. Its control sweet is a bit better and has a bit more Life gain. It has less win conditions though.

-Spells-(16)
3Duress
3Abrupt Decay
2Oblivion Ring
3Lingering Souls
2Sever the Bloodline
3Terminus

-Artifiacts-(6)
2Orzhov Keyrune
2Selesnya Keyrune
2Staff of Nin

-Creatures-(4)
3Thragtusk
1Armada Wurm

-Walkers-(10)
3Liliana of the Veil
2Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1Gideon, Champion of Justice
3Garruk, Primal Hunter
1Vraska the Unseen

-Lands-(24)
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Woodland Cemetery
4 Godless Shrine
4 Isolated Chapel
4 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove

Let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

this format is likely too aggressive to bother with duress.  you'll want all 4 terminus.

keyrunes trying to be lands might not work out very well.  i'd, at least, cut 1 for another land.  i'd run at least 1 utility land as well, maybe vault of the archangel to help with races plus it can act as a removal spell with your tokens. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Maybe swap out Duress for Appetite for Brains then? Or should i just forego the 1 drop for more removal spells?
The keyrunes help with blocking, the 4 body on Orzhov is really nice against most of the creatures and red removal. I will drop one as suggested and see how it flys. Thanks for the reply BF.
skip the discard.  doesn't seem worth it.  i mean, duress/brains should be ok for the board, but not where you want to be MD.

i'm not against the keyrunes, just that 4 is likely too many.  25 lands makes sure you can hit the lands to actually cast the key runes that can cast the walkers.  but i'm not against going to 26 lands since you don't have a lot of card filtering as being a control deck. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

Photobucket

-Spells-(17)
3Farseek
4Abrupt Decay
2Oblivion Ring
3Lingering Souls
2Sever the Bloodline
3Terminus

-Artifiacts-(4)
2Orzhov Keyrune
2Staff of Nin

-Creatures-(4)
3Thragtusk
1Armada Wurm

-Walkers-(10)
3Liliana of the Veil
2Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1Gideon, Champion of Justice
3Garruk, Primal Hunter
1Vraska the Unseen

-Lands-(25)
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Woodland Cemetery
4 Godless Shrine
4 Isolated Chapel
4 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove
1 Vault of the Archangel

This is the current list after trying some of the changes suggested and testing. While dropping Duress didnt seem to impact the decks early game success, dropping keyrunes and upping lands to 25 wasnt quite enough. I have dropped to two keyrunes and 25 lands, but added Farseek back in. ramping into 4 mana by turn 4 has been productive on many different levels.
Been playtesting the deck lists pretty extensively the past could of days. I'm thrilled to say that this deck just wins against midrange! It feels like they have a hard time answering.
I havent worked on a SB yet, and im still kind of waiting until the decks its self feels solid.
Going to test it against some different control/midrange decks this evening. If anyone has any input or thoughts, its much appreciated.
So now that work has died down, im going to get a chance to play this at FNM this week! (this is also a shameless bumb >_>)
What about Obzedat over Armada Wurm? Other than that I like all of the changes you have made.
i think this deck wants garruk relentless for it's ability to come down faster and be a removal spell in a pinch.  if the 4th terminus isn't in the board, it probably needs to be.

the deck seems fine, but it also seems really slow, especially against some of these jund/naya hard hitting aggressive decks.  this deck seems like it folds to hellrider decks. 

i think you only want 2 abrupt decay, but you probably need 2 ultimate price and 2 devour flesh.

dead weight out of the board is a fine shock for the deck.

to make room, you have a very large number of late game cards between all the walkers and staffs and creatures.  you can probably cut a staff and vraska can probably be boarded (she's pretty bad against most things)

i know there isn't much in the way of decent card draw for the deck, but i think you need some early draw 

Photobucket

Sign In to post comments