RUG Midrange, need help.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been tweeking this bit by bit lately and it's been doing OK. I would like a bit more consistancy with this though. So any help would be awesome.

Creatures: 15

3 Snapcaster Mage 
3 Wolfir Avenger
3 Huntmaster of the Fells
3 Thragtusk
2 Thundermaw Hellkite
Prime Speaker Zegana

Spells: 18

3 Pillar of Flame
3 Searing Spear
2 Izzet Charm
2 Clan Defiance
3 Think Twice
2 Bonfire of the Damned
2 Dissipate
1 Mystic Genesis

Planeswalkers: 3
1 Garruk Relentless
1 Tamiyo, the Moon sage
1 Jace, Architect of Thought

Lands: 24
1 Forest
2 Cavern of souls
1 Kessig Wolfrun
1 Desolate Lighthouse
Rootbound Crag
3 Stomping Ground
3 Breeding Pool
3 Hinterland Harbor
3 Sulfur Falls
3 Steam Vents

SB:
2 Tormod's Crypt
2 Zealous Conscripts
2 Counterflux
1 Dissipate
1 Negate
2 Jace, Memory Adept
2 Memory's Journey
3 Rolling Temblor

My hardest match ups are against UW Flash/American Midrange/Any control decks that are counter heavy. How could I improve my matchups against them?

My concerns:

1. Would Unexpected Results have a home here? Maybe as 2 of?
2. Do I need a 3rd Dissipate in this deck? If so, what to remove?
3. Does this deck need Farseek? I've tried running some before but it just slowed me down and top decking them at bad times made me sad.
4. Clan Defiance has been a gold play at times and at others, it's been a dead card. For example one game I was at 4 life facing down a with 6 mana on board. Yeah... you can figure out the rest. Do I drop them from the deck? Just one of them maybe?
5. I like the card quite a bit but would it be better off as a dissipate?
6. How is my mana base? I have gotten color screwed a few times, could it be better?
7. Relentless or Primal Hunter? I can get the 3 Green for primal hunter decently often.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
Anyone?
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
I'm thinking about...

-2 Clan Defiance
-1 ???
+3 Farseek

Any ideas?
I think you want Farseeks here.  Your curve is pretty high and they help with that a bit, and you don't want to be stuck with multicolor cards in hand that you don't have the right mana for.   
Sign In to post comments