assistance use the stack?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I want clarifications about the following things:

"A creature uses a power on its creature card (including attack)" (pag. 8 rulebook)

-Attack is not printed on the card, but only it's effect (melee or range damage).
-The implicit thing is: (TAP-attack target creature).
Is it correct?

So for assistance is:
-In resolution the source of the action is the effect from the power of the creature (TAP-add the level of this creature to target adjacent creature").
-Each creature has this power.
-You can play this action wheneaver you want, the requirment is the TAP of the assisting creature.
-You have to play this action after playing an order card because it's a necessary condition for the resolution of the effect derived by the order card.

-You play the order card tapping or not your creature (depends on what is the the type of your order card).
Priority goes to your opponent.
-After this before the effect of the order card resolves, you could TAP or not the assisting creature targeting the adjacent one. (In most cases you will TAP it ...in other not because for example some other effect removes your creature...).
Priority goes to your opponent.
-After each player finish responding there's the check of the effects on the stack and their possible resolution that is determined by the check conditions.

There's the stack's point of view:
-First there are the responses (each effect before the tapping of the assisting creature).
-If the assisting effect resolves we can say that one of the necessary condition for the resolution of the order card's effect is statisfied (now the acting creature has reached the correct level). If not for sure the effect of the bottom of the stack (effect derived by the order card) will be removed in resolution.
-Other conditions necessary to the resolution of the effect stated by the order card depend on the nature of the order card and the presence of the creature at the time of check.
-The sum of all these conditions forms the necessary and sufficent condition for the resolution of the order card.

(A) "Each assisting creature must have the ability specified by the card" (pag. 12 rulebook)

-The effect of the assisting action is also checked in resolution:
if the ability of the two creature does not match, the effect is removed from the stack and the destination creature does not increase its level.
Also the effect of the order card is removed in resolution because the check fails.
-So the rule (A) on the book is one of the necessary contition for the resolution of the effect derived from the assistance.

Are these things correct or not?

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
I'm sorry, but I really don't have a clue what it is you're asking exactly. Maybe you could simplify your question somewhat.
I'm sorry, but I really don't have a clue what it is you're asking exactly. Maybe you could simplify your question somewhat.

Sorry...i'm asking about assistance...does it use the stack...can i respond to an assistance?

Example:

A creature is level 3 (cha), than my opponent wants to play a level 5 order card (cha) on it with an assistance of an adjacent creature of level 2 (cha).

-My opponent plays first the order card and then the assistance?

Because in that case the stack is:

assistance
effect order card level 5
BOTTOM

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Hopefully this will clear it up for you.

Assisting work as follows:

First two adjacent creatures* that have the same stat as the order they wish to use, and a combined level equal or higher than that order, play the order.

The assisting creature taps now regardless of the order.

The creature that is actually using the order (not the one assisting) taps if it is a standard action, or remains untapped if it is a minor.

The order resolves. This means if the order is an attack, a stack is created for the opponent to respond to and is resolved as per a normal stack.

When a card refers to "1 source" the source is the attack on the stack, not any creatures. As such, preventing all damage from one source will negate an attack, but if it is possible for the same creature to attack again (Quick Jab for example) then that is a seperate source of damage and must be responded to seperately (if possible.)

*Sneak Attack allows creatures that are adjacent to the target to assist, even if they are not adjacent to the creature using the order.
Hopefully this will clear it up for you.

Assisting work as follows:

First two adjacent creatures* that have the same stat as the order they wish to use, and a combined level equal or higher than that order, play the order.

The assisting creature taps now regardless of the order.

The creature that is actually using the order (not the one assisting) taps if it is a standard action, or remains untapped if it is a minor.

The order resolves. This means if the order is an attack, a stack is created for the opponent to respond to and is resolved as per a normal stack.

When a card refers to "1 source" the source is the attack on the stack, not any creatures. As such, preventing all damage from one source will negate an attack, but if it is possible for the same creature to attack again (Quick Jab for example) then that is a seperate source of damage and must be responded to seperately (if possible.)

*Sneak Attack allows creatures that are adjacent to the target to assist, even if they are not adjacent to the creature using the order.

Logically there's no advantage to play in response to an assistance. It simply occours and there's no way to prevent the level up. Formally assistance is an action (since it requires TAP it coul be immediate or standard) and goes on the stack. 

"When you play an Order card on a 
creature you control, it becomes the acting creature for that 
card and takes the specified action or actions."

"When you play an Order card, any number of creatures you
control adjacent to the acting creature can assistit."

That's the reason why assistance use the stack.
First you play your order...then you TAP other creatures for assistance.

In other words first you play the order (your creature becomes the active creature) than you can assist it TAPping the others.

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green