In the future can we have each class have their own PDF file?

One of the things that bugs me is that we have to hunt and peck for information. For example, let's say I want to make a cleric. I look it up in the classes.pdf, then I have to close that pdf and then open up the spells.pdf to see what spells I can pick at what level, then I have to look up the different spells which are placed by name and not level. It's a pain. This is especially true if the wizard in the party also needs the spell.pdf to pick out his stuff.

What I suggest is this: Merge spells and maneuvers pdfs with classes with all the information they need by level. For example:

Cleric.pdf
1. Overview
2. Class bonuses description
3. Domains
4. 1st level spells and their descriptions
5. 2nd level spells and their descriptions
etc

Fighter.pdf
1. Overview
2. Class bonuses description
3. Maneuvers

Sure it'll lead to some redundancies, but it'll be SO much easier to read. 

Grab Nitro Reader for tabbed PDF viewing (don't have to close one to look at another) and learn to use Ctrl+F for searching keywords.

I do agree in spirit though. It is odd that skill tricks and ki powers are with the classes while other features aren't. The cleric in particular has a huge entry.

But whatever, it's beta.
Well  - I just use Adobe Pro and put in bookmarks....

Carl
I use Fox-It. It has tabbed pdf viewer. 
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
appreciate the program suggestions, but breaking up classes into their own files will have one big advantage: saving printer ink for those of us who don't have the scratch to buy a tablet. I don't want to have to reprint the entire class list because there's a new one.
If you google hard enough you can find programs that let you split and merge PDFs
appreciate the program suggestions, but breaking up classes into their own files will have one big advantage: saving printer ink for those of us who don't have the scratch to buy a tablet. I don't want to have to reprint the entire class list because there's a new one.

Want to print up just the Barbarian class?  Open Classes.pdf.  In the Print dialog, choose "Pages:" and in the box, type "1-4."  Now, just the Barbarian will be printed.
I would prefer that the spell lists be separated by class (and level) so I can just print out the spells for one class and hand them to the player of that class. ...

Carl
Also note that some options let people cast spells from the other classes list.  So the mondo spell chunk is handy.  
As updates get smaller errata for the things changed outside the "Here are EXplorations!" additions will get more important.
Sign In to post comments