Palisade Giant and Ghostly Possession

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
If you cast Ghostly Possession on a Palisade Giant, is that Giant now virtually indestructable? Obviously things like Deathtouch going through to the Giant would kill it, but by casting Ghostly Possession on it, how do you ever do damage to any other creature permanant, let alone a target player?  Am I missing something here?

Ghostly Possession
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has flying.

Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by enchanted creature.

Palisade Giant
All damage that would be dealt to you or another permanent you control is dealt to Palisade Giant instead.

Please use autocard to link cards, not URLs. You just put [c] and [/c] tags around the card name.

If you cast Ghostly Possession on a Palisade Giant, is that Giant now virtually indestructable?

No, it just can't be dealt damage.
Obviously things like Deathtouch going through to the Giant would kill it

Wrong. Deathtouch damage is damage and Ghostly Possession prevents damage.
but by casting Ghostly Possession on it, how do you ever do damage to any other creature permanant, let alone a target player?  Am I missing something here?

Make the Giant leave the battlefield with Unsummon, Murder, Path to Exile, Diabolic Edict, etc.

Destroy the enchantment with Naturalize, or move it onto something else with Aura Graft.

Make the other player lose life with anything that says "loses X life on it. Prevent damage prevention.

There are a lot of ways to deal with that combo. 

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Easiest of which are -X/X effects that don't deal any damage at all, and therefore bypass the "combo".
Easiest of which are -X/X effects that don't deal any damage at all, and therefore bypass the "combo".

-7/-7 is big though. :P

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Doom Blade is much easier. The Giant is not actually indestructible.

[<o>]
Also, Ghostly possession only prevents combat damage so you can kill the giant with enough burn.  Sweepers are particularly effective as all their damage will be redirected to the Giant.
Also, Nightshade Peddler and Izzet Staticaster could take care of it with deathtouch without being combat damage.
Not a bad combo, but i'd save a morbid tragic slip for it as my first thought.

-7/-7 is big though. :P

No foolin Tongue Out  very tough to compile that many -X effects.

Doom Blade is much easier. The Giant is not actually indestructible.

Very true indeed.  Murder and Victim of Night as well.
Not a bad combo, but i'd save a morbid tragic slip for it as my first thought.

Nice card.
Please use autocard to link cards, not URLs. You just put [c] and [/c] tags around the card name.

Thanks for the tip, a lot easier to reference. Cool
Sign In to post comments