[3CM] Three Card Magic

1185 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/rDAAwbR.png)

Welcome to Three Card Magic, the simplest version of Magic there is! Most of the basic rules of Magic apply, with a few added twists, the most obvious being the shortened deck size of Three (most of the time) cards.

Rules
1. Each player creates a deck of three Magic cards following the restrictions of that round. Decks are submitted to me via private message titled "3cm Round #". My deck is finalised before readin these PMs; if you'd like me to send you a verification PM with my list in it, just ask.
2. Each deck will play against each other deck twice, once going first and once going second. Wins are worth 3 points, draws are worth 1 and losses are worth 0. 
3. Normal Magic rules apply to a game of 3CM, except that players do not lose if they would draw from an empty library. (Note that draws are not skipped: if you can get a card back into your library you will draw it as you would in a normal Magic game.)
4. Games are played with perfect information: that is, it is assumed that the contents of your opponent's deck is known to you at all times, and that players will always play optimally and to win. 
5. If the original source of a random effect (i.e. coinflip) comes from one player's deck, the other player chooses its outcome.
6. Effects that get cards from outside the game (Wishes, Research // Development, Ring of Ma'ruf) cannot be used to find anything. 
7. When the round is closed, a spreadsheet of all the decks and matchups is posted, to be filled in by the players. Players are encouraged to double-check the matchups graded by other players, since mistakes are often made when complicated decks are involved. 
8. When the scores are completed, the player(s) with the highest score are allowed to choose a new format to be added to the next format poll. In addition, I may ban cards that I feel have been consistently overperforming.
9. Currently, we rotate between Vanilla (Vintage with a special banned list) on Fridays and Alternate (special formats voted upon by you, complete with their own banned lists) on Tuesdays. Feel free to submit to as many or as few rounds as you like.

Previous 3CM threads and rounds
Qwyrixian's reign
Caldera42's reign
Just_a_cleric's reign
Purple_Shrimp's reign

Round 1: Vanilla - Winners: DARK_DRACO and Ffancrzy
Round 2: One Word - Winners: Dr_Demento and razorborne
Round 3: CUR - Winner: silasw
Round 4: Vanilla - Winner: mqj
Round 5: Enchantments - Winner: silasw
Round 6: One Mana Less - Winners: razorborne
Round 7: Vanilla - Winners: mqj and verdek
Round 8: Disenchantless - Winner: mqj
Round 9: Hivemind - Winner: verdek
Round 10: Seddborn Muse - razorborne
Round 11: Vanilla - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 12: Extra Phases - Winner: Ffancrzy
Round 13: Vanilla - Winner: Rush_Clasic
Round 14: Creatureless - Winner: Rush_Clasic
Round 15: Vanilla - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 16: 5 Fold - Winner: Dr_Demento
Round 17: Vanilla - Winners: Rush_Clasic, SimonGlume, and verdek
Round 18: 4CM Standard - Winner: Rush_Clasic
Round 19: Vanilla - Winner: mqj
Round 20: Forced Ownership - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 21: Vanilla - Winner: SimonGlume
Round 22: Mirari's Wake - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 23: Vanilla - Winner: billiondegree
Round 24: Decking - Winner: razorborne
Round 25: Vanilla - Winner: Shazzeh and Rush_Clasic
Round 26: Graveyard Mirror - Winner: Purple_Shrimp
Round 27: Vanilla (Bring a Friend) - Winner: Dr_Demento
Round 28: Suspend - Winner: Artemix
Round 29: Vanilla - Winner: razorborne

Leaderboard
New players begin with a starting ELO of 1200.

1. razorborne - 1390

2. silasw - 1311

3. thatmarkguy - 1311

4. Dr_Demento - 1304

5. verdek - 1300

6. Ffancrzy - 1299

7. Shazzeh - 1297

8. DARK_DRACO - 1272

9. Purple_Shrimp - 1268

10. billiondegree - 1257

11. Just_a_cleric - 1246

12. Artemix - 1236

13. iamajellydonut - 1216

14. Suudsu220 - 1210

15. Aaarrrgh - 1196

16. SimonGlume - 1185

17. Rush_Clasic - 1182

18. mqj - 1171

19. morticianjohn - 1176

20. Shockwave07 - 1151

21. Thragtusk2468 - 1136

22. Bahamuto - 1135

23. tmich - 1128

24. plopfill - 1122

25. Caldera42 - 1094

26. Esterdi - 1078

27. Gathered - 1042

Round 30 Spreadsheet

||[font=georgia]Round 32: Any Land[/font]||
Each player begins the game with any land card of his or her choice on the battlefield. Effects that would apply upon that land entering the battlefield do so at that time. Triggers get put on the stack at the beginning of the first upkeep. This means Scorched Ruins can't enter the battlefield, Peat Bog still enters tapped and with counters, etc. This doesn't count toward your turn's land plays. Decks due by 9pm, PST, July 2nd. BANNING UPDATE: Wasteland and Daze are banned for this round.

Round 32 Spreadsheet

NEW THREAD WILL BE UP SHORTLY.

I think three isn't enough format choices, but you can just pick a couple more from the old poll or invent your own to get up to five or so.

anyway, I'm cool with vanilla every third, but I think the big way to revitalize vanilla is agressive banning. we used to do it where the winning decklist got its key card banned. I think that was ridiculous to do with alternate formats, but it works if we only do that for vanilla. (although I think we should keep them banned in alt formats too, for simplicity's sake.) that way, the deck that dominates is gone and it doesn't just become a game of "pick the perfectly positioned known deck".

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Agree with the above.  Vanilla less often or less stale would be preferred, and if it's modified to be less stale it's not so crucial that it be less often.

I'd think a good way to rotate the banlist would be:
Secondplace picks a card from firstplace deck to add to banlist.
Firstplace picks any one other card to add to banlist, and removes one (pre-existing) banned card from the banlist. 
I like agressive banning but I like being able to rotate in and out the bannings too.
I like agressive banning but I like being able to rotate in and out the bannings too.

in the future, yeah, I agree, but for now the banlist is super skinny, so for now I'd rather just see it grow for a bit. in the future, we can do something like the old "your card gets banned, you get to unban something" rule.

Week 1 format poll:

Full format submission posts:

1. Cards must be exactly white or colorless.
2. all cards in all decks must have one-word names. and before you yell at me that that's ridiculous, it's easy to search on magiccards.info by searching for -" " to give you only cards with no spaces. don't know about gatherer but I suspect the same trick will work there.
3. Each player begins the game with Veldalken Orrey in play.
4. Only cards in the Modern format are legal. The Modern banned list is still in effect.

1.  No hybrids?  Judge's Familiar not allowed because it's white and blue?

2. Hyphenation doesn't break single-wordedness?  Assembly-Worker is one word?  Will-o'-the-Wisp?  Eight-and-a-Half-Tails?

3. Autocard works better when you spell the card properly.  Vedalken Orrery

4. (and in general) we assume the 3CM banlist is in effect for all rounds, vanilla and non, and any further banned-card statements are in addition to that unless explicitly stated otherwise?  (So the banlist for this format would be the superset of the banlist for 3CM and the banlist for Modern - it would  not simply become the banlist for Modern alone?)
1.  No hybrids?  Judge's Familiar not allowed because it's white and blue?

2. Hyphenation doesn't break single-wordedness?  Assembly-Worker is one word?  Will-o'-the-WispEight-and-a-Half-Tails?

3. Autocard works better when you spell the card properly.   Vedalken Orrery

4. (and in general) we assume the 3CM banlist is in effect for all rounds, vanilla and non, and any further banned-card statements are in addition to that unless explicitly stated otherwise?  (So the banlist for this format would be the superset of the banlist for 3CM and the banlist for Modern - it would  not simply become the banlist for Modern alone?)

I submitted 1.  That is correct, no hybrids; that is correct Judge's Familiar is both white and blue.  A hybrid card is both colours in all zones.  It doesn't matter what colour mana was paid for the spell.

I used the regular expression character class \w to include alpha-numerical characters including the underscore "_" characters.
Gatherer search for single word names

If you want hyphens use the following search.
Gatherer search for single word names with hyphens
Wow, you guys have way too much free time.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
2. Hyphenation doesn't break single-wordedness?  Assembly-Worker is one word?  Will-o'-the-Wisp?  Eight-and-a-Half-Tails?

I submitted #2, and at the time I was thinking that hyphens wouldn't break up the one-word nature. I'm not actually sure that's true, but it was my intent at the time of submission so I'm fine with sticking to it.

Why would hybrids not be allowed? Judge's Familiar is white or colorless.

Because it doesn't match the criteria.

Being white and blue does not match "exactly white" nor does it match "colorless."
Why did Caldera quit hosting? Who knows. He plays every round, why don't you ask him?

I was busy with school and dropped out of 3cm altogether for a while.
57023148 wrote:
People really think WotC is reprinting Lightning Bolt? Really? Are people that gullible?

Because it doesn't match the criteria.

Being white and blue does not match "exactly white" nor does it match "colorless."

Exactly white? That sounds pretty weird. It should really say "White or colorless, and no other colors." Or maybe "No red, blue, black, or green cards."
Same for Just_a_cleric; not sure why they'd let an amateur like me host this instead...

But I don't play every round anymore because I tend to disappear for a month.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

3days and no round one? -.-
):

||[font=georgia]Round 1: Vanilla[/font]||
Due by 11:59, Tuesday night, 2/12/13 PST

||[font=georgia]Round 1: Vanilla[/font]||
Due by 11:59, Tuesday night, 2/12/13 PST

VANILLA IS NOT REAL 3CM.
if vanilla is good enough for ice cream it is good enough for 3cm
57023148 wrote:
People really think WotC is reprinting Lightning Bolt? Really? Are people that gullible?

is it good enough for ice cream though? does anyone actually like vanilla ice cream?

is it good enough for ice cream though? does anyone actually like vanilla ice cream?

It is the most popular flavor.
Don't be too smart to have fun

Vanilla. Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Back from vacation. Keep those decks rolling in.

10 hours left in this round. Don't let my pet deck win!
Round 1 Spreadsheet

I've checked repeatedly to see whether everything is in order. If the link doesn't work, the spreadsheet seems off, etc., please tell me. 
Rational for my Deck

Important: I never beat anyone (Doh!) because any player can choose not to play anything and not be affected by The Rack. So all of these are just what happens if my opponent tries to play stuff.

Rush: I outrace you, 1 damage v. 3 damage.
Wahoony: Lose on the draw because he Fiends my lotus, otherwise I outrace
Verdek: Perpetual stalement to avoid the Crack the Earth
mqj: See Verdek
morticianjohn: artifact blast > Black Lotus
Razor: Each of us waits for the other to reduce the cards in our hand so we outrace each other with our Racks. Razor can't ever play Stormkirk
Caldera: I outrace
Ffancrzy: Perpetual stalement as he avoids Earth Crackin' and I avoid being buried in Rage.
DARK: Erm, I outrace. Note that he never has mana to recur spirit if he discards to Lilliana. 
Shazzeh: Stalemate, he always counters Rack, I wait to Crack until he has put down land.
Me: Is an idiot
Artemix:  I outrace
silasw: I barely outrace on the draw, easily outrace on the play.
thatmarkguy: Needle gets me on the draw, otherwise he outraces me with the eventually 5/5 chronomoton (Crack is useless, since if he gets the chance to play things, he needles my lotus)

In summary, I'm a friggin idiot.

"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

Serene Remembrance is misspelled in the spreadsheet.

I've entered my scores.
Show

Google docs

---===---

banned cards

Barren Glory
Blackmail
Chancellor of the Annex
Channel
Flash
Foil
Force of Will
Ghost Quarter
Inquisition of Kozilek
Laboratory Maniac
Leyline of Anticipation
Lodestone Golem
Phyrexian Revoker
Shelldock Isle
Show and Tell
Strip Mine
Thoughtseize

---===---

format:

Vanilla

---===---

1. Rush_Clasic
Quicksand
Lion's Eye Diamond
Gibbering Descent
It_all_goes_down.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 3
Rush_Clasic - 3

mqj on the play, 20/20 wins
Rush_Clasic on the play, Gibbering Descent forces discard of Dark Depths and Quicksand prevents Vampire Hexmage

---===---

2. Wahooney
Black Lotus
Mesmeric Fiend
Leyline of Sanctity

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 3
Wahooney - 3

Wahooney on the play, Mesmeric Fiend exiles Black Lotus

---===---

3. verdek
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 2
verdek - 2

Legend rule; draw

---===---

5. morticianjohn
Simian Spirit Guide
Artifact Blast
Dryad Arbor
A.Blast.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

morticianjohn - 6
mqj - 0

Artifact Blast counters Black Lotus

---===---

6. razorborne
Swamp
Stromkirk Noble
Shrieking Affliction
beatsbaddecks.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 6
razorborne - 0

20/20 wins

---===---

7. Caldera42
Taiga
Serene Remembrance
Lightning Bolt
Dr Badlove or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bad.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 6
Caldera42 - 0

20/20 wins

----===---

8. Ffancrzy
Black Lotus
Anurid Scavenger
Misguided Rage

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

Ffancrzy - 4
mqj - 1

mqj on the play, make 20/20, must cast Misguided Rage to force a draw
Ffancrzy on the play, first cast Anurid Scavenger, make 20/20, cast Misguided Rage to win

---===---

9. DARK_DRACO
Black Lotus
Liliana of the Veil
Nether Spirit
NetherVeil.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 3
DARK_DRACO - 3

DARK_DRACO on the play, forces discard of Dark Depths, Liliana of the Veil forces sacrifice of Vampire Hexmage

---===---

10. Shazzeh
Desert
Mishra's Factory
Mental Misstep

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 6
Shazzeh - 0

20/20 wins

---===---

11. Dr_Demento
Mountain
Crack the Earth
The Rack
Rack and Crack

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 2
Dr_Demento - 2

If Dr_Demento cast The Rack first, then no threat and can just sit with three cards. Must wait which is like going second.
If mqj cast Vampire Hexmage first, then Dr_Demento can cast The Rack. If try to make 20/20 Crack the Earth wins.
If mqj make 20/20 first, then forces Crack the Earth and Dr_Demento can't cast The Rack.
Can't make any plays.

---===---

12. Artemix
Mishra's Workshop
Ensnaring Bridge
Epochrasite

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 2
Artemix - 2

Ensnaring Bridge forces draw

---===---

13. silasw
Undiscovered Paradise
Chancellor of the Forge
Storm World
I <3 Rush.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 6
silasw - 0

20/20 wins

---===---

14. thatmarkguy
Wasteland
Chronomaton
Pithing Needle
WastingTime.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 3
thatmarkguy - 3

thatmarkguy on the play, Pithing Needle prevents Vampire Hexmage from making 20/20, Wasteland destroys Dark Depths, and Chronomaton can eventually win against Vampire Hexmage

Show

---===---

14. thatmarkguy
Wasteland
Chronomaton
Pithing Needle
WastingTime.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 3
thatmarkguy - 3

thatmarkguy on the play, Pithing Needle prevents Vampire Hexmage from making 20/20, Wasteland destroys Dark Depths, and Chronomaton can eventually win against Vampire Hexmage

Agree with the outcome, minor nitpick on execution:

Show
I never bother to destroy Dark Depths; Pithing the Hexmage is good enough, and I need the Wasteland to cast and inflate the Chronomaton. I pump the Chronomaton on turns 3 and 4, and so I get attacked on opposing turns 2, 3, and 4... but after that I'll always have a blocker big enough to keep Hexmage home, and then make it bigger at end of opponent turn - so by turn 22 I've got a 20/20 creature and then I'll start attacking!  Though I think I could win a damage race attacking as early as 4/4, it feels extra special to attack the Dark Depths player with a 20/20 creature.

Verdek: read the above.  You have an uncertainty note in the spreadsheet about this same match - as far as I know the outcome in the above spoilerboxes is accurate.
Rational for my Deck

thatmarkguy: Needle gets me on the draw, otherwise he outraces me with the eventually 5/5 chronomoton (Crack is useless, since if he gets the chance to play things, he needles my lotus)

Needle your Lotus?  Whaa?  There's just 2 problems with that:

Pithing Needle can't prevent mana abilities, and
Your deck does not contain a Black Lotus.

Pretty sure I can't actually do any better than the do-nothing draw against you.  If I don't play the Pithing Needle your Crack kills my Wasteland and my Chronomaton never gets big enough to outrace the 2dam/turn Rack.  If I do play the Pithing Needle, I have it to sac to the Crack but I don't have enough time to grow the Chronomaton and attack you down to 0 before the Rack does me in.
Show

---===---

14. thatmarkguy
Wasteland
Chronomaton
Pithing Needle
WastingTime.dec

4. mqj
Dark Depths
Black Lotus
Vampire Hexmage
vanilla.dec

mqj - 3
thatmarkguy - 3

Agree with the outcome, minor nitpick on execution:

Show
I never bother to destroy Dark Depths; Pithing the Hexmage is good enough, and I need the Wasteland to cast and inflate the Chronomaton. I pump the Chronomaton on turns 3 and 4, and so I get attacked on opposing turns 2, 3, and 4... but after that I'll always have a blocker big enough to keep Hexmage home, and then make it bigger at end of opponent turn - so by turn 22 I've got a 20/20 creature and then I'll start attacking!  Though I think I could win a damage race attacking as early as 4/4, it feels extra special to attack the Dark Depths player with a 20/20 creature.

Verdek: read the above.  You have an uncertainty note in the spreadsheet about this same match - as far as I know the outcome in the above spoilerboxes is accurate.

I suspected as much. My apologies, I was up really late helping a friend with... Issues, and I was really tired when filling this out. It didn't occur to me I could just look up the Needle.

6. razorborne
Swamp
Stromkirk Noble
Shrieking Affliction
beatsbaddecks.dec

Uhh...
6. razorborne
Swamp
Stromkirk Noble
Shrieking Affliction
beatsbaddecks.dec

Uhh...

Important note to everyone:

raz's deck includes Undiscovered Paradise instead of Swamp. This was my clerical error (though I should blame him for changing decks so many times) and has been altered in the spreadsheet. Please check your match-up against deck 6 as this may alter to outcome.

Rush: I outrace you, 1 damage v. 3 damage.

I actually don't even have an upkeep against you. So The Rack is even worse! If I notice decks that can't win based on their construction, I'll probably inform the creator of such fact.

Serene Remembrance is misspelled in the spreadsheet.
Noted and changed.
First time trying 3CM. I believe all the following are accurate.

Show
Rush_Clasic: Gibbering Descent outraces Epochrasite both times.
0 points

Wahooney: [play] Workshop -> Epochrasite then keep swinging. If you block then Epochrasite comes back. [draw] Fiend steals Epochrasite, Ensnaring Bridge stops attacks.
4 points

Verdek: Ensnaring Bridge stops the 20/20.
2 Points

mqj: Same thing. Bridge stops all attacks.
2 points

morticianjohn: Countering Epochrasite stops my win and Ensnaring Bridge stops yours.
2 points

razorborne: I either play nothing and lose to the Noble or play something and lose to Shrieking Affliction. 0 points

Caldera42: This one is close. On the play you are at two life on turn 19 when you burn me out. On the draw it's earlier.
0 points

Ffancrzy: The Rage eventually eats Ensnaring Bridge and the Scavenger hits while Epochrasite is exiled.
0 points

DARK_DRACO: Chump block Epochrasite until Liliana is at 9 counters. Then -2 on Epochrasite, -6 Bridge/Workshop. Repeat until death.
0 points

Shazzeh: Factory would outrace Epochrasite but can't attack through the Bridge.
2 Points

Dr_Demento: Just don't play anything. (Rack would outrace Epochrasite otherwise)
2 points

silasw: Storm World beats Epochrasite
0 points

thatmarkguy: Chronomaton > Epochrasite, Ensnaring Bridge > Chronomaton
2 points
autocarding
[/deck=Deckname] #x cardname or # * cardname [//deck] =

Mountain
[/c]Mountain[//c] = Mountain
DARK_DRACO: Chump block Epochrasite until Liliana is at 9 counters. Then -2 on Epochrasite, -6 Bridge/Workshop. Repeat until death.
0 points

Liliana can never get rid of Bridge. When she ultimates, if you only have one permanent, she still has to make two piles, even if one is empty. You always choose to sacrifice the empty pile, keeping Bridge intact. Thus, you score a 2.

Feel free to input your scores in the spreadsheet.
Rush - on your two notes on my row:

14v6 you changed to 0: that's right now.  I entered my score when his land was a Swamp.  When he had no means to cast the Noble, that was accurate!

14v9 I entered as 1, you say should be 3:

I can Pith Liliana when I'm on the play, but 9 can actually not even try to play Liliana and instead hardcast the Nether Spirit, and can use it to perpetually block my Chronomaton no matter the size.  So I see it as a 1/4 for me - I lose on the draw and we deadlock when I'm on the play.  I could get my Chronomaton up to 1000000/1000000, but it just keeps on running into that pesky newly-reborn Nether Spirit

Ok, so I'm bad at this. Mental Misstep is not nearly as good as I anticipated.

matchups
1. Rush_Clasic: 0
Quicksand kills Factory and I die to Gibbering Descent.

2. Wahooney: 6
Leyline doesn't do anything against me. Fiend can only take my Mental Misstep, which is useless, and Factory outraces it.

3. verdek: 0
Wow that's super awful

4. mqj: 0
Hey it's this deck again

5. morticianjohn: 6
Artifact Blast doesn't hurt me, and Arbor dies to Desert or gets outraced by Factory.

6. razorborne: 2
I can't damage him without getting outraced by one of his win conditions, but I can counter the Stromkirk Noble and sit on my other two cards to force a draw.

7. Caldera42: 2
I can counter his Serene Remembrance and he has no way to win, but he can Lightning Bolt my Factory if I try to attack.

8. Ffancrzy: 0
I like this one.

9. DARK_DRACO: 0
This too.

11. Dr_Demento: 2
I lose if I do anything, but he has no win conditions that aren't The Rack so it's all cool.

12. Artemix
???

13. silasw: 6
I can counter Storm World and outrace his goblin.

14. thatmarkguy: 2
He can't win if I counter Chronomaton, but then he Wastelands my Factory.

Artemix, I didn't fill in my matchup for you yet, but it seems like you would get 6 points instead of 2? I can't do anything about your Bridge, and if I kill the Epochrasite it just comes back too large for me to handle.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Artemix, I didn't fill in my matchup for you yet, but it seems like you would get 6 points instead of 2? I can't do anything about your Bridge, and if I kill the Epochrasite it just comes back too large for me to handle.

If I play Ensnaring Bridge then Epochrasite can't attack either (that's why I have it as a tie).

If I don't play Ensnaring Bridge then you just don't block Epochrasite, take 1, and swing back for 2.
autocarding
[/deck=Deckname] #x cardname or # * cardname [//deck] =

Mountain
[/c]Mountain[//c] = Mountain
14v9 I entered as 1, you say should be 3:

I can Pith Liliana when I'm on the play, but 9 can actually not even try to play Liliana and instead hardcast the Nether Spirit, and can use it to perpetually block my Chronomaton no matter the size.  So I see it as a 1/4 for me - I lose on the draw and we deadlock when I'm on the play.  I could get my Chronomaton up to 1000000/1000000, but it just keeps on running into that pesky newly-reborn Nether Spirit

This is correct. I've erased that note, added a note on line 9, and changed the scores back to agree with it. Hard cast Spirit, man... what a dirty, straight-forward trick!
If I play Ensnaring Bridge then Epochrasite can't attack either (that's why I have it as a tie).

If I don't play Ensnaring Bridge then you just don't block Epochrasite, take 1, and swing back for 2.

Oh, wow, I forgot it was symmetric. Thanks.

Let's do another vanilla round next. I have a really mean idea.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Joining still open? I have a pretty silly idea that I wanna try out.
Joining still open? I have a pretty silly idea that I wanna try out.

Not for this round. but it's a weekly thing, so you can hop on in once we figure out what next week's format is. The silly idea might have to wait until it fits the format, though.