Welcome to Three Card Magic, the simplest version of Magic there is! Most of the basic rules of Magic apply, with a few added twists, the most obvious being the shortened deck size of Three (most of the time) cards.
2. Each deck will play against each other deck twice, once going first and once going second. Wins are worth 3 points, draws are worth 1 and losses are worth 0.
3. Normal Magic rules apply to a game of 3CM, except that players do not lose if they would draw from an empty library. (Note that draws are not skipped: if you can get a card back into your library you will draw it as you would in a normal Magic game.)
4. Games are played with perfect information: that is, it is assumed that the contents of your opponent's deck is known to you at all times, and that players will always play optimally and to win.
5. If the original source of a random effect (i.e. coinflip) comes from one player's deck, the other player chooses its outcome.
6. Effects that get cards from outside the game (Wishes, Research // Development, Ring of Ma'ruf) cannot be used to find anything.
7. When the round is closed, a spreadsheet of all the decks and matchups is posted, to be filled in by the players. Players are encouraged to double-check the matchups graded by other players, since mistakes are often made when complicated decks are involved.
8. When the scores are completed, the player(s) with the highest score are allowed to choose a new format to be added to the next format poll. In addition, I may ban cards that I feel have been consistently overperforming.
9. Currently, we rotate between Vanilla (Vintage with a special banned list) on Fridays and Alternate (special formats voted upon by you, complete with their own banned lists) on Tuesdays. Feel free to submit to as many or as few rounds as you like.
Any card banned in Vintage.
Any deck that can remove more than one card at a time from an opponent's hand.
Any deck that can win before an opponent has had a full turn.
Chancellor of the Annex
Force of Will
Inquisition of Kozilek
Leyline of Anticipation
Show and Tell
Currently banned in Vanilla
Liliana of the Veil
Vraska the Unseen
Round 1: Vanilla - Winners: DARK_DRACO and Ffancrzy
Round 2: One Word - Winners: Dr_Demento and razorborne
Round 3: CUR - Winner: silasw
Round 4: Vanilla - Winner: mqj
Round 5: Enchantments - Winner: silasw
Round 6: One Mana Less - Winners: razorborne
Round 7: Vanilla - Winners: mqj and verdek
Round 8: Disenchantless - Winner: mqj
Round 9: Hivemind - Winner: verdek
Round 10: Seddborn Muse - razorborne
Round 11: Vanilla - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 12: Extra Phases - Winner: Ffancrzy
Round 13: Vanilla - Winner: Rush_Clasic
Round 14: Creatureless - Winner: Rush_Clasic
Round 15: Vanilla - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 16: 5 Fold - Winner: Dr_Demento
Round 17: Vanilla - Winners: Rush_Clasic, SimonGlume, and verdek
Round 18: 4CM Standard - Winner: Rush_Clasic
Round 19: Vanilla - Winner: mqj
Round 20: Forced Ownership - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 21: Vanilla - Winner: SimonGlume
Round 22: Mirari's Wake - Winner: Shazzeh
Round 23: Vanilla - Winner: billiondegree
Round 24: Decking - Winner: razorborne
Round 25: Vanilla - Winner: Shazzeh and Rush_Clasic
Round 26: Graveyard Mirror - Winner: Purple_Shrimp
Round 27: Vanilla (Bring a Friend) - Winner: Dr_Demento
Round 28: Suspend - Winner: Artemix
Round 29: Vanilla - Winner: razorborne
- razorborne - 1390
- silasw - 1311
- thatmarkguy - 1311
- Dr_Demento - 1304
- verdek - 1300
- Ffancrzy - 1299
- Shazzeh - 1297
- DARK_DRACO - 1272
- Purple_Shrimp - 1268
- billiondegree - 1257
- Just_a_cleric - 1246
- Artemix - 1236
- iamajellydonut - 1216
- Suudsu220 - 1210
- Aaarrrgh - 1196
- SimonGlume - 1185
- Rush_Clasic - 1182
- mqj - 1171
- morticianjohn - 1176
- Shockwave07 - 1151
- Thragtusk2468 - 1136
- Bahamuto - 1135
- tmich - 1128
- plopfill - 1122
- Caldera42 - 1094
- Esterdi - 1078
- Gathered - 1042
Round 30 Spreadsheet
||[font=georgia]Round 32: Any Land[/font]||
Each player begins the game with any land card of his or her choice on the battlefield. Effects that would apply upon that land entering the battlefield do so at that time. Triggers get put on the stack at the beginning of the first upkeep. This means Scorched Ruins can't enter the battlefield, Peat Bog still enters tapped and with counters, etc. This doesn't count toward your turn's land plays. Decks due by 9pm, PST, July 2nd. BANNING UPDATE: Wasteland and Daze are banned for this round.
Round 32 Spreadsheet
NEW THREAD WILL BE UP SHORTLY.