This oughtta be good

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Link

Umm, yeah.  Tough to beat that.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Hmm... two guys that should be fighting at a higher weight class. Why don't they just have Aldo move up? that way neither has to go through a brutal weight cut.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
No idea.  Don't really care, though.  Should be an awesome fight.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Maybe. Aldo looked pretty boring against Edgar. If Petis manages to not get injured before the fight, it should be a good fight.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
meh i'll watch when they start fighting to the death...amd toss in some weapons or animals....

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
meh i'll watch when they start fighting to the death...amd toss in some weapons or animals....

or an inhaler.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Maybe. Aldo looked pretty boring against Edgar. If Petis manages to not get injured before the fight, it should be a good fight.

If Pettis is healthy and the cut isn't too bad I imagine he'll bring some excitement out of Aldo.  Either that or it'll end pretty quick. 

Section Six Soldier

I get the feeling that the cut is going to take it out of both. I watched a video with Aldo. They asked him about the weight cut and he said it was rough. I'm not sure, but I don't think Pettis has ever fought at 145 lbs. And going down a eight class and taking on Aldo right away isn't going to be the best thing for him. I think that's something that affected Edgar. He hadn't fought at that weight before. He should have had a tune up fight at that weight before going up against Aldo. That way he could have adjusted.
Hopefully Pettis won't have that problem. I think he should hire the guy that helped Sonnen cut weight for the second Silva fight. Sonnen cut around 20-30 lbs for the weigh-ins and gained it back in time for the fight. If Pettis can do that, he would be in a great position to make it an exciting fight, and maybe take the belt with an off-the-fence kick. 

The interview with Aldo also had some interesting things in it, besides the weight cut part. Aldo was asked about fighting Pettis and he said he didn't think that Pettis deserved the shot and that there were other people higher ranked than Pettis. I'm not sure who would be higher ranked than Pettis at that weight. It sounded more like Aldo was a bit scared of fighting Pettis, who is much lasger than Edgar, and has crazy fighting skills.
They also asked Aldo about moving up to 155 anf fighting Henderson, and he sid he would do it if the UFC brass told him to, but he would beed a tune up fight before. Makes sense, but makes it seem as if he was a bit intimidated by taking on Henderson. That would definitely be an interesting fight. Both have crazy leg kicks, but Henderson has much more powerful legs. I think out of the two, Henderson would be able to take more kicks. They can both dish out hard kicks, but in the end, Aldo may end up limping like Diaz did.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
The jump makes a lot of sense for Pettis.  He had the next shot at 155 but had to wait.  He didn't want to and that makes sense.  And that's why he's qualified for the shot whether Aldo likes it or not.  Pettis is so strong even at 55 that I can see Aldo being a bit concerned.  If he cuts right he'll be a problem at 45.  dood has some sick power, speed and crazy ability. 

Section Six Soldier

Space alien gods approved?
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
The jump makes a lot of sense for Pettis.  He had the next shot at 155 but had to wait.  He didn't want to and that makes sense.  And that's why he's qualified for the shot whether Aldo likes it or not.  Pettis is so strong even at 55 that I can see Aldo being a bit concerned.  If he cuts right he'll be a problem at 45.  dood has some sick power, speed and crazy ability. 

Yeah, it makes sense for Pettis to drop down to get a shot at a belt. Still, even if he wins he will eventually end up moving back up to 155. Besides, I think it would be more interesting, and generate more money, to see a Pettis VS Henderson rematch. Pettis being the last guy to beat Henderson, and showing off that awesome off the fence face kick, would be much more entertaining than seeing Pettis VS Aldo.

And yeah, Aldo should be afraid. Pettis has ridiculous speed, stamina, power, and fighting skills. Really, who else is there at 145 for Aldo to fight? 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Yeah, it makes sense for Pettis to drop down to get a shot at a belt. Still, even if he wins he will eventually end up moving back up to 155. Besides, I think it would be more interesting, and generate more money, to see a Pettis VS Henderson rematch. Pettis being the last guy to beat Henderson, and showing off that awesome off the fence face kick, would be much more entertaining than seeing Pettis VS Aldo.

I bet Bendo is happy Pettis decided not to wait.  ;)  The timing may work out well enough for Pettis to have both fights.  It'd be pretty sweet to see him try to hold two belts at once.  And he could do it, too.

And yeah, Aldo should be afraid. Pettis has ridiculous speed, stamina, power, and fighting skills. Really, who else is there at 145 for Aldo to fight? 

Umm ... Faber?

Section Six Soldier

I bet Bendo is happy Pettis decided not to wait.  ;)  The timing may work out well enough for Pettis to have both fights.  It'd be pretty sweet to see him try to hold two belts at once.  And he could do it, too.

He probably could. The guy is talented as all hell. 
Umm ... Faber?

Did you see the 156 post-press conference? Aldo said his toughest opponent was Faber. Aldo wrecked Faber. They have picks and videos of Faber after the fight with Aldo where Faber is using crutches to hoble a few feet. Hell, Edgar did way better against Aldo than Faber ever did. 

So, I was reading some article about how it isn't enough to just be the guy winning all your fight fights to be given a title shot at the champ. You also have to sell yourself, like Sonnen has done. Apperantly there is some guy named Lamas at 145 who is undefeated and is supposed to be the guy who was supposed to fight Aldo next, but as Sonnen mentioned in the article, I only just heard the guy's name.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
He probably could. The guy is talented as all hell. 

Yep, and exciting.  Does some crazy shiz.

Did you see the 156 post-press conference? Aldo said his toughest opponent was Faber. Aldo wrecked Faber. They have picks and videos of Faber after the fight with Aldo where Faber is using crutches to hoble a few feet. Hell, Edgar did way better against Aldo than Faber ever did. 

Nah, didn't see it.  If Faber was tough to Aldo what the hell is he gonna think of Pettis? 

So, I was reading some article about how it isn't enough to just be the guy winning all your fight fights to be given a title shot at the champ. You also have to sell yourself, like Sonnen has done. Apperantly there is some guy named Lamas at 145 who is undefeated and is supposed to be the guy who was supposed to fight Aldo next, but as Sonnen mentioned in the article, I only just heard the guy's name.

It's sad that it's becoming that way but it is.  Money, brah.  Gotta draw to get the fights.  At least with Pettis it's not so hard to swallow.  He's really, really good and already in the top contender spot at 155.  Sonnen, otoh, just likes to talk a lot.

Section Six Soldier

I don't think Aldo is going to be thinking straight after the Pettis fight. He may not remember his name, much less who he fought.

As for Sonnen, yeah he talks his way into fights, but you know you still want to watch him fight and get mauled.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Oh yeah, Sonnen is great to watch.  He's also not terrible so that helps.  But he's not even in the same league as Jones or an uninjured Silva.  Pettis, though, is at least as good as Aldo.

Section Six Soldier

True, but you never know. Sonnen seems pretty Damn big at 205. And considering he isn't afraid of rushing in face first, he may give Jones a bit of a hassle. It should be good. I think it will better than originally thought.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I dunno.  Sonnen may be big but Jones is absolutely huge at 205.  If Sonnen pressures Jones, though, he may do ok.  And it does seem like Jones is starting to get into that GSP mode of doing just enough. 

Section Six Soldier

Oh, I didn't say Sonnen had a chance. I just said it would be better than expected. Jones may deliver one if his outstanding double knees, or display some if his old striking skills.
As for Jones going the GSP route, who hasn't he taken out besides Evans?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
True.  I just think he's fighting more cautiously.  He's just better at also trying to win than GSP and Evans. 

Section Six Soldier

Sign In to post comments