Intro deck versus booster packs

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I already have a Gruul deck started up from Gatecrash cards I traded for, but I am missing some essential bloodrush creatures and enchantments like more Madcap Skills and Alpha Authority. Should I get the Gruul intro deck and sift from that, or chance it and buy packs?
neither
buy the cards you need as singles

of course, if you enjoy the lottery aspect of boosters, get some of those
Intro Decks also come with 2 boosters, in case you weren't aware
proud member of the 2011 community team
If your intention is to concentrate on one deck archetype, go for singles, you dont waste money this way. I may buy a fat pack, but thats because I like the ideia of having one deck of each guild and extra 2 guild decks. Even then its much more efficient to buy singles, because my glob. I opened like 31 booster of gatecrash and only got 1 cloudfin raptor! and I want 8 of them!
I play for fun
Get singles, unless the amount of things you need would cost less in the intro pack.

Generally, packs and intro packs aren't worth buying.

Event decks can be, though. But theres no Gruul event deck.
Neither, buy singles.
I miss the old days.
Get singles, unless the amount of things you need would cost less in the intro pack.

Generally, packs and intro packs aren't worth buying.

Event decks can be, though. But theres no Gruul event deck.

There isn't... but there is a Simic event deck that actually contains more distinct Gruul-watermarked spells than Simic-watermarked spells.
if you want specific cards just buy them, dont waste your time rummaging through boosters to find them or spending $15 for an intro pack that only contains a few cards that you want. 

I've bought a fair portion of my cards online, here's the site i use: magic.tcgplayer.com/all_magic_sets.asp

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
If you want absolutely no control as to which cards you are getting, then get boosters.

If you only want to explore the set, and being competitive is optional, without having to build a deck, buy intro packs.
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS
Sign In to post comments