How does Grindstone interact with Rest in Peace?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
?
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
please autocard
you should be long enough on the forums to know how
also, don't post the question just in the title

Grindstone and Rest In Peace work together, the "repeat" clause is not dependent on the cards reaching the graveyard
proud member of the 2011 community team
please autocard

Oh God you don't know what you've done
Grindstone
Rest in Peace

RiP doesn't stop Grindstone. The replacement effect of RiP replaces only, where the cards end up, but the color check and repeat instruction are not depending on the cards reaching the graveyard.
In other words, nothing special happens....the cards that the stone mills are exiled instead of put into the graveyard.  Everything else works as normal. 
Isn't the combo Helm of Obedience and RiP?

please autocard
also, don't post the question just in the title

Grindstone and Rest In Peace work together, the "repeat" clause is not dependent on the cards reaching the graveyard

Telling Islands to autocard?
You should be long enough on the forms to know that he doesn't
Also, why not just post the question in the title? Its the most efficent way to get things done.

(at)MrEnglish22

Also, why not just post the question in the title? Its the most efficent way to get things done.

because you can't quote it
proud member of the 2011 community team
Yes, Helm of Obedience is the combo.  Grindstone and RIP is not an insta-win, unless Painter's Servant is out.  And at that point, you don't need RIP (unless your opponent has Emrakul in their deck).

Tell me how you evaluate efficiency in this situation?

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)