Poll: Are You Tired Of Crosswinds.

111 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nothing fancy, a yes or no will suffice. I will keep tabs as often as I can and edit the results.
I was told that 80% of the community is tired of it so I would like to get some hard data on that.
Thanks for your clicking.

Edit: This isn't just for 1v1 but all formats.
Edit Edit: Vote whenever you want but I can't edit until I get off work in the evenings. I will keep this going until we get 100 votes.

YES: 9

NO: 22

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I think you're going to need to specify if it's 1v1 or 2hg; I think most of the CW hate comes from 2hg players who can't remember playing a match without a CW player on each side.

But since I play 1v1, my vote is no. It is my favorite deck, I'll never be sick of it!! 
I'm tired of playing it, but only because I played it so heavily when the game first came out, and now find other decks much more interesting.

I'm not tired of playing against it. Also 1v1.
Tired? LoL, I barely see it.

/1v1player

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Yes, sometimes I'm tired of playing against crosswinds.
But it's nothing serious, beause I try not to get upset about trivial things such as what deck my opponent plays.

1v1

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

It's my favorite deck but yes I'm tired of it. I'm mostly tired of it because people play it the same way. Time Warp, Panoptic Mirror, RoR. I get it. The Warps win games. But the deck should only have had 1 copy of both Time Warp and RoR. That would have been way more balanced and stopped all the infinite turn bs. I understand infinite is a unique win condition. Fine. But it's not fun every time I play against it or partner up with it. I have to say though, I'm way more sick of Jace.
the deck doesn't bother me. it is really isn't that good of a deck unless you are in 2hg. a good player can easily destroy it with most of the decks. stop the mirror, kill whatever is rored and you keep plugging along. if you get rid of the mirror there is only one other way to go infinite, followed footsteps on a mancer. that is easily disrupted
No in 1v1.  No in 2HG.  It's annoying in 2HG but I'm not really tired of it yet.  CW/MM pairings in the future might change that.
No

I'm more tired of playing DP every 2 of 5 matches.
yes

but i only play 2hg and if they arent talrand the first time you play 'em they will switch to it for the second game if you beat 'em and then if you beat 'em again they'll switch to talrand and izzet for the third!! I can deal with talrand and anyone else but when they are really hungry to finally win and pull the double timewarp combo I feel like i'm watching 2 dudes play team solitare...

note most of these type of dudes aren't very good and are somehow hoping talrand can make them win but they still do the stupidest stuff  (like RoRing there teamates griselbrand O.o wtf!!)

I notice most of the regular 2hg names/dudes with 60 cards in there deck are getting away from the talrand  every game mentality though, so there is a chance I might not be playing against talrand next game.  

I don't know if 80% of the ppl are tired of it or not.  But, my pulling statistics out of my arse ability, is telling me that 80% of all 2hg games includes at least 1 talrand!!!
No.
As I mainly play 2HG, yes I'm extremely tired of both the mono blue decks, Talrand is in literally 2/3 matches in 2HG.
No.

No, never.
Can only comment on 2HG. Yes I am tired of that deck after playing against it every 2-3 games. 
No, not tired of Crosswinds.

Now if the poll were about Jace....

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

No. I like my blue control decks

Jace can be played as a blue control deck, but mostly it's a turbo mill deck, which in 2HG is just....pointless.  

Jace can be played as a blue control deck, but mostly it's a turbo mill deck, which in 2HG is just....pointless.  

Why do you think Jace is pointless? If built right it's one of the hardest decks to defend against. It doesn't matter what creatures or how much life your opponent has. In 2H Giant as long as you partner has a half a brain and can put up a decent defense then if you have a great chance of wining with Jace. I can remember when Ravnica first came out and discard mill decks were got. You had people playing 250/500 card decks on MTGO just to avoid being milled. 
No

Although I do conceit when Mirror/Time Warp turns the game into solitaire.
as we used to say in high school;  Nah Dawg, I aint tired o' ****.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Kraven, get the hell out of my thread with your opinions.
I only wanted a yes or no which you gave niether. Just more inane, dribble.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Why do you think Jace is pointless? If built right it's one of the hardest decks to defend against. It doesn't matter what creatures or how much life your opponent has. In 2H Giant as long as you partner has a half a brain and can put up a decent defense then if you have a great chance of wining with Jace. I can remember when Ravnica first came out and discard mill decks were got. You had people playing 250/500 card decks on MTGO just to avoid being milled. 

I don't think this thread is for talking about Jace bro.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

No
I think polling may be against Code of Conduct.

6. Do not disrupt chat, forums, blog comments or other communication channels. For example:

• Spam through repeated posts, or off-topic content by word or intent to forums or comments (scrolling, flooding, polling, or by "bumping" a post more than once in 48 hours)

• Make off-topic posts or chat or trades in the wrong forums or chat rooms (casual chat or roleplay in rooms or forums not designated for these types of activities)

• Advertise trades or sales outside of the designated areas

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

6. Do not disrupt chat, forums, blog comments or other communication channels. For example:

• Spam through repeated posts, or off-topic content by word or intent to forums or comments (scrolling, flooding, polling, or by "bumping" a post more than once in 48 hours)

• Make off-topic posts or chat or trades in the wrong forums or chat rooms (casual chat or roleplay in rooms or forums not designated for these types of activities)

Don't recall asking your opinion other than regarding Crosswinds.
Thank you. I sleep better at night knowing there are people in the world like you.
Hate to think about stepping out of line without someone there to put me in check.

Show

They have mods that decide this kinda thing you know.

Just saying.

And now that I've pointed THAT out, if this thread is modded upon, I'll likely be banned for posting in it.
Oh no, don't worry, you're all safe.
Just me.

Thanks.
Way to take one for the team Splattercat, you are our hero.

As to my answer, no, not tired of Talrand at all.  

And now that I've pointed THAT out, if this thread is modded upon, I'll likely be banned for posting in it.

Made some enemies ehh?

Jpop, chill.
Another member made a claim in a blanket statement and I just want to confirm it.

Show

Yes, but I'm tired of all decks. So I guess my vote doesn't count.
Though I hate to say it, Yes.

I play almost exclusively 2hg and most the games i've played recently have included at least one CW player. It might be just a run of bad luck. I have nothing against the deck in fact its just that it seems to me like i've been seeing it a lot lately.

Made some enemies ehh?

Jpop, chill.
Another member made a claim in a blanket statement and I just want to confirm it.

Even though there is no sure way to confirm as obviously not everyone who plays Duels will post in this thread, or even half the people who post on this section of the forums. Your stats aren't even correct anyway, there are more than 5 people who said yes so far.
Yes.

It's fun to play (who doesn't like trolling your opponent?), but very annoying to play against.

Made some enemies ehh?

Jpop, chill.

Even though there is no sure way to confirm as obviously not everyone who plays Duels will post in this thread, or even half the people who post on this section of the forums. Your stats aren't even correct anyway, there are more than 5 people who said yes so far.

1. The statement was made about 80% of the people not liking it. Polling the community is the only half way valid way to come to this conclusion.

2. I don't live in my computer. I'm keeping track and updating

3. If you don't want to vote, go to another thread. I don't need your extemporaneous opinions.

Show

i like this guy he rules his thread with iron fist!!

I'm pretty sure whoever said that was talking about 2hg players though.  Where its funny cause 2hg players don't understand all the crying about goblins and 2player players don't get the talrand crying!!

Me i'll cry about both!! waaahhhh!! My little league gave everyone a trophy and I think I should always win!! /sarcasm

as a lifelong cubs fan trust me I know its possible to never win XD 
i like this guy he rules his thread with iron fist!!

They don't call him devil for nothing...

Where its funny cause 2hg players don't understand all the crying about goblins and 2player players don't get the talrand crying!!

That's why they released MM. Everybody can cry together now \o/

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Kraven, get the hell out of my thread with your opinions. I only wanted a yes or no which you gave niether. Just more inane, dribble.

I believe the word you are looking for is 'drivel'.

Made some enemies ehh?

Jpop, chill.

1. The statement was made about 80% of the people not liking it. Polling the community is the only half way valid way to come to this conclusion.

2. I don't live in my computer. I'm keeping track and updating

3. If you don't want to vote, go to another thread. I don't need your extemporaneous opinions.

The irony of this is hilarious, speaking of "extemporaneous" (really? pseudo-intellectualism at its finest, at least use it in a proper sentence, I guarantee 99.9% of forum posts are extemporaneous, who prepares for their post? lol, what do you want? sources?) opinions you went to such lengths to create an entire thread just to prove a point that probably almost nobody cares about. 

The irony of this is hilarious, speaking of "extemporaneous" (really? pseudo-intellectualism at its finest, at least use it in a proper sentence, I guarantee 99.9% of forum posts are extemporaneous, who prepares for their post? lol, what do you want? sources?) opinions you went to such lengths to create an entire thread just to prove a point that probably almost nobody cares about. 

I actually have a tea ceremony before each post.
(And a bathroom break after ever 5)

Also, the claim was (without quoting because it's not worth it) that one person was tired of Crosswinds and 80% of the community agreed with him. Of those that care either way about this topic, give or take a third agree at this point. So unless the 49 more people vote and they all say yes, there is more evidence against the claim than for it.

When you have people spouting far-fetched experiences, observations and/or statistics on a regular basis, eventually you'll have people asking that they be backed up with proof of some sort.
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.
edit - deleted off topic post

You're a lose cannon.

Yes I am tired of playing against this deck in 2HG.
Sign In to post comments