Kitsune Loreweaver
Kitsune Diviner
2x Kitsune Healer
Kitsune Riftwalker
Pious Kitsune
Samurai of the Pale Curtain
Kitsune Blademaster
Sensei Golden-tail

My question is, where do I go from here? I already have a set of Armored Ascension on the way, too, so I just need a bit of help figuring out what else to pop in here, and how to trim my creatures.

Thanks in advance~!
You went a little overboard on the foxes that you might need....
Core foxes:
Kitsune Blademaster
Sensei Golden-tail
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
Pious Kitsune
Silverchase Fox
After that, just add Honor of the Pure and some other random white stuff like Mana Tithe or some removal and you're done.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

You went a little overboard on the foxes that you might need....
Core foxes:
Kitsune Blademaster
Sensei Golden-tail
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
Pious Kitsune
Silverchase Fox
After that, just add Honor of the Pure and some other random white stuff like Mana Tithe or some removal and you're done.

Thanks for the pointers~! What about one-drops, though, like the Miko?
I wouldn't worry about 1-drops for creatures.  Miko is the only 1-drop fox and she just isn't worth it.

Non-creatures on the other hand...Take your pick
aether vial. >=3
Path to Exile
Swords to Plowshares

Although with the speed of your deck you may wish for some card draw after you empty out your hand:
Survival Cache
You're probably averse to putting your furballs in vises so we'll just skip skullclamp.
Mentor of the Meek works, but he's not a fox so i'm guessing a no go on him as well.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

You mean Kitsune Diviner?  It's a pointless one-drop that doesn't do anything helpful unless your friends play with a lot of spirits, and then you'll want her and Kitsune Riftwalker.  Otherwise, there are better things that you could be doing with one white mana on your first turn (like holding it back to Mana Tithe your opponent's one-drop).

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I wouldn't worry about 1-drops for creatures.  Miko is the only 1-drop fox and she just isn't worth it.

Non-creatures on the other hand...Take your pick
aether vial. >=3
Path to Exile
Swords to Plowshares

Although with the speed of your deck you may wish for some card draw after you empty out your hand:
Survival Cache
You're probably averse to putting your furballs in vises so we'll just skip skullclamp.
Mentor of the Meek works, but he's not a fox so i'm guessing a no go on him as well.

You mean Kitsune Diviner?  It's a pointless one-drop that doesn't do anything helpful unless your friends play with a lot of spirits, and then you'll want her and Kitsune Riftwalker.  Otherwise, there are better things that you could be doing with one white mana on your first turn (like holding it back to Mana Tithe your opponent's one-drop).

Thanks, guys~! I love the idea of Aether Vial, but alas, it's a bit beyond me at the moment. Swords might work, but I might just use Smite or Condemn for now. Survival Cache is awesome, probably gonna get me a few of those. I'd love Skullclamp, but, alas, same problem as with Aether Vial. And Mana Tithe is gonna happen, for sure.

Thanks, again~!
Sign In to post comments