2/7/2013 TD: "Sweet Science of Stomping Ground"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I have seen players run out main-phase Restoration Angels to prevent their own Mayors from flipping into Wolf-machines.

Which sounds like a misplay, because why wouldn't you wait and cast the Angel on the opponent's turn in response to whatever it was that made the size of your humans matter? Angel exiles and returns Mayor and they're back to normal size at instant speed.
Wouldn't Duress be much beter than appetite for brainsin the human combo deck? Duress can hit things like rest in peace, and grafdigger's cage too.
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. I always back up my arguements with facts and documented sources." - The Credible Hulk
Ghor-Clan Rampager has already been called the card with no downside, and it is easy to see why. A 4/4 for four mana is reasonable... but this card is also a mini-Hatred that provides trample and protects its target's toughness!... for relatively little mana.

Of all the cards you could've compared it with, starting with Colossal Might and including Giant Growth for the unimaginative... You picked Hatred?