Last post
Todays other GTC cards to rate are...

Breeding Pool
Godless Shrine
Sacred Foundry
Stomping Ground
Watery Grave

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

Let's face it.  These cards just like the other Shocklands in RTR you will draft for the value.  I mean there are times they'll make your deck but for the most part it's the money/trade value of them.

Discuss! 
we redraft our rares for our draft...

so for us, 0.5.  

If we really want, Boros one is the most functional since it's the only one that rushes. 
Fixing is good since I usually find myself splashing a third color and makes it easier to play CC spells. I'm taking all of these I see for the $$ IRL, but they are still solid fixing regardless. 

Apart from perhaps Boros, these are worse than the gates.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Apart from perhaps Boros, these are worse than the gates.

I wouldn't go that far. They function the same except for the fact that you can actually use them and pay two life.

There are a few cards in this set that like gates...but not many.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
It's pretty much like CG said.

I rank these: $$$

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

5.0 for me.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
From a drafting perspective, I would rate these a 4.0.

That's not to say I would actually use one unless it filled a need in my deck, but I'll pick it for the money.  However, I have passed them when there's a card that really helps my deck.

If money were no object, I would agree with Lobster.  Worse than a gate in this format.

Good for fixing and really good for the trade binder.  Stomping Grounds helped my red splash last FNM.

Most people are not in a position to pass a $15 card.

On MODO they are worth much less, so passing them is often fine, but even there, it is not uncommon to rare draft cards of this value.
I mean, I've opened 3 shocks in a sealed pool before but it really lowered the overall power level of my build. I'll sometimes pass them when I have 4 already. 
I'll snag them whenever I can, due  simply to value.

That said, on a purely academic level, I'd put them at about a 2.0, 2.5 if you are running more than 2 colors.  And that's assuming that its the right color combination.  Fixing is fixing, and being able to splash easily is worth the inclusion if you're running one ofthe slower guilds (Orzhov, Dimir and Simic).