[Contest] - Good to Bad/Bad to Good

183 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ok this will be an ongoing contest for as long as I have time or people gets bored of it. 

This was a whacky idea I came up with when I asked my friend to draw a goblin and it turned out to be an evil twin bro of Maro.

So without further delay here's the rules!:

1. Create an evil/good counterpart of the given card.

2. Original name must be the same but additions to it is accepted.

3. Have fun!

P.S. Every round is around 48 Hrs

P.S.S. Timings of contests are like this:

1st contest of the week: Sun to Tue 
2nd: Tue to Thurs 
3rd: Thurs to Sat

(Perth timing)

Rounds:

Make a...

1. Bad     Maro
2. Good   Urabrask the Hidden
3. Good   Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4. Bad     Avacyn, Angel of Hope
5. Good   Lord of the Undead
6. Good   Sarkhan the Mad 
7. Bad     Gideon, Champion of Justice
8. Bad     Melira, Sylvok Outcast
9. Good   Mishra, Artificer Prodigy
10. Good Nicol Bolas or Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker

Winners:

Show

Round 1:
195785249 wrote:

Maro, Golgari Servant

Creature - Elemental(R)

Maro's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand plus the number of cards in your graveyard.

No two see the same Maro, but then Jarad saw Maro...

*/*

Round 2:
71235715 wrote:
Urabrask the Heretic

Legendary Creature - Praetor

Haste
Urabrask the Heretic cannot attack its owner.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player untaps and gains control of Urabrask the Heretic.
At the beginning of each end step, if Urabrask didn't attack this turn, it deals 5 damage to you.

4/4

Round 3:
71235715 wrote:
Emrakul, Fatebringer

Legendary Creature-Eldrazi

Split Second
When you cast Emrakul, Fatebringer, target player skips his or her next turn.
Flying, Protection from instants and sorceries.
When Emrakul, Fatebringer attacks, return 6 permanent cards at random from your graveyard to the battlefield.
When Emrakul, Fatebringer is put into your graveyard from anywhere, shuffle your graveyard into your library.

15/15

Round 4:
64133868 wrote:
Avacyn, Angel of Despair

Legendary Creature - Angel

Flying
Spells you don't control cost an additional "sacrifice two permanents" to cast. Activated abilities you don't control cost an additional "sacrifice two permanents" to activate.

She abandons her duty to protect and vows to desecrate.

8/8

Round 5:

143270301 wrote:
Lord of Souls

Creature - Spirit

Spirit creatures you control get +1/+1.

: This turn, if a creature you control would be returned from your graveyard to your hand,instead exile that creature, and put a token that is a copy of that creature onto the battlefield that is a Spirit in addition to its other types.
, :Tap:: Return a creature from your graveyard to your hand.

What is dead may never die.

2/2

Round 6:

64133868 wrote:
Sarkhan Converted

Planeswalker Sarkhan

+1: Until your next turn, whenever a creature deals combat damage to Sarkhan Converted, gain control of that creature.
-4: Put a 5/5 red and white dragon creature token onto the battlefield with haste and lifelink.
-7: Destroy all other nondragon permanents. 

[4]

Round 7:

64133868 wrote:
Gideon Bloodcraved 

Planeswalker - Gideon

At the end of each end step, put a loyalty counter on ~ for each nontoken creature that died this turn.
0: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a Human creature with power and toughness each equal to the number of loyalty counters on it. You may have it fight any number of creatures. 
-7: ~ deals 10 damage to each opponent and the damage can't be prevented. For the rest of the game, those players can't gain life.
[4]

Round 8:

191042297 wrote:
Melira, Phyrexian Disciple

Legendary Creature- Zombie Scout 

Creatures you control gain Infect.
Whenever a -1/-1 counter is placed on a creature, you may pay  to proliferate.
Mirrodin's greatest hope has been resurrected, despair soon shall follow. 

3/2

Round 9:

Cheers!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

A topical taste on this contest:

Maro, Golgari Servant
Creature - Elemental (R)

Maro's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand plus the number of cards in your graveyard.

No two see the same Maro, but then Jarad saw Maro...
Adamaro, First to Desire

Nyxathid

Dread Slag

Ok, I'll do a proper entry. This feels more like the anti-Sturmgeist though. Also requires knowledge of a weird rule that you don't have to trample over a blocking creature if you don't want to, you can assign all damage to the blocker (might save this guy's life).

Furious Maro - 2gg
Creature - Elemental
Haste, trample
Furious Maro's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand.
Whenever Furious Maro deals combat damage to a player, discard a card.
*/*

Dirge of the Maro

Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature gets -X/-X until EOT, where X is the number of cards in that creature's controller's hand.

At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature gets +Y/+Y until EOT, where Y is the number of cards in that creature's controller's hand.

139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Mago -
Creature - Horror
Mago gets -1/-1 for each card in an opponent's hand.
No one sees a Mago twice.
7/7
------------------------------------------------

For those not in the know, Mago gets it's name from Mark Gotlieb, the (one time) archnemesis of Mark Rosewater.  *grins*
I see some great entries! Keep them coming!
24 hrs left!!!!!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

Dirge of the Maro

Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature gets -X/-X until EOT, where X is the number of cards in that creature's controller's hand.

At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature gets +Y/+Y until EOT, where Y is the number of cards in that creature's controller's hand.

Altough thats a nice card i wanted an evil twin not an enchantement... If u could change it, it would be much better.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Mawrong |
Creature — Elemental
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Mawrong.
, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Mawrong: Target opponent discards a card.
2/2
Maro of the Sinister Blood
Creature - Nightmare Elemental
~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand.
, Pay 1 life: Draw a card.
, Discard a card: Regenerate ~.
*/*
Debased Maro-Sorcerer  
Creature-Elemental Horror
~ power and toughness are equal to the number
of cards in your hand.
T, sacrifice ~: target creature gets
-X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in
your hand.
Not all Maro-sorcerers joined Multani when the Phyrexians came. 

FLAVOR!
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Bizarro Maro
Creature- Elemental Horror
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose a player.
~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of cards in that players hand.
At the beginning of your upkeep, that player discards a card.
"Me so happy. Me want to cry."- Bizarro Maro
*/*
Rooted Maro enchant creature
Enchanted creature gains defender(cannot attack).
is a plant in addition to its other types.
and gets +1/+1 for each card in your hand.
~even planes walkers have been stiffened by Maro's branches

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

I live in san diego if any vistitting wizards wants to  contact me 858=483=3822

i'd stop by comicon but my car is broke and so am I

Rooted Maro enchant creature
Enchanted creature gains defender(cannot attack).
is a plant in addition to its other types.
and gets +1/+1 for each card in your hand.
~even planes walkers have been stiffened by Maro's branches

Man, do you even read the threads you post in? Can't you just go away? You have your own damn thread where you can be as incomprehensible and useless as you want.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I try not to use the word "you" when posting. Please stick to the subject.

hasbro didn't respond

Dark-Soul Maro BB2
Creature - Horror
~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of cards discarded by all opponents this turn.
Just because you have not yet seen the Maro, does not mean it has not already spotted you.

1/1
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Maro, the Rotten 2BB
Creature-Elemental
When Maro, the Rotten comes into play choose an oopenent.
Maro, the Rotten's power and toughness are each equal to 7 minus the number of cards in that opponent's hand.
*/*
"This is not the same Maro others have seen."
WOW! Great entries all of u!
Matt_Hlock the card which u posted is altough not sticking to the rules, it is very creative! Maybe u can make gd cards...
U still have to change it into a creature though...
 4 hours left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Contest is over! 
Results will be posted a while later... I hope..

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Ok here are the results:

Kingofterror78:

This card is awesome! The first time i saw it i knew this was going to be great. Great relation with Splinterfright and making it to be a Golgari. Love the flavor text too! Well done!

9.5/10

Flopfoot:

Maro is furious!  This is a nice card but it is not very G to have haste and discarding... Great effort though!

6/10     

bay_falconer:

Still an enchantment... So no grading... Sorry.

*No grade*

Rumor:

I did not know that Maro had an enemy named Mago! I like what you did with the card making it have something to do with your oppenent instead of yourself! The flavor text is very flavory! 

8/10   

K9GM3:

I like what u did there! Making it having counters ensures he will not die is a great idea. The discarding of cards is also new which i like.

8.5/10   

SimonGlume:

A great combination of what BG can do! Paying life to draw cards and discarding to regenerate is very creative. Nicely done!

8.5/10    

KeeperofManyNames:

I like how u used the sacrificing of maro to injure or maybe even kill a creature. Really neat idea!

7.5/10    

Ulcaster:

Love the flavor text! U have a brilliant idea here! U can either target yourself if u are drawing a lot of cards. Or an oppenent who is also drawing alot but the ability will buff up Maro and make the oppenent discrad cards. Great work!

9/10    

Matt_Holck:

Still an enchantment... No grading...

*No grade*

CandyWife20:

I like the idea of putting counters on Maro! It gets buffed like Rakdos, Lord of Riots's last ability which is pretty sweet.

8/10   

ChickenSandwich:

Your idea is quite similar to Rumor's one. However it still is a great card and nice effort!   

8/10

And the winner is...

1.Kingofterror78

2.Ulcaster

3.K9GM3

3.SimonGlume

Congratulations to Kingofterror78 for winning Round 1!

Ulcaster, K9GM3 and SimonGlume have also done a gd job!

This was a VERY close match and it took me a LONG time to grade!

Thanx for all the entries!

Chhers!      

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

NEXT ROUND!

Urabrask the Hidden has turned against the Phyrexians!

So make the good version of him!

48 hrs till grading! Gd luck!        

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

oh well

Maro's power and toughness equal the card count in your hand and graveyard.
Bigby isn't Maro

bigby's hand creature phoenix
flying
This has power and toughness equal the number of cards in your hand.
Whenever this takes damage, discard a card at random.
Whenever this deals damage, draw a card.
~a rock in a high place is potential
X/X

hasbro didn't respond

Urabrask the Hidden

Viashino Ambusher, Urabrask Ambassador creature Viashino
haste, flash, firststrike
When Viashino Ambushers comes into play, return a land you control to owners hand.
At the end of turn, return Viashino Ambushers to owners hand.
~"turn your eyes from the land at let the problem solve itself"
(2/1)

hasbro didn't respond

Urabrask, the Revolutionary Revealed  2RW
Lengendary Creature-Praetor

Haste
Battle Cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature get +1/+0 until end of turn)
When ~ comes into play, choose a player.  That player cannot have poison counters placed on him/her and creatures that player controls cannot have -1/-1 counters placed on them.

"Whether Urabrask's motives to betray his own kind were purely for the sake of chaos or a more noble cause, I am not sure.  What I do know is that he has helped us make Mirrodin pure once again."  --Jor Kadeen

4/3

Alternative flavor text: "He's got more Phyrexian hose than Karn in a metal pimp costume."
needs a condition as to when target player is specified.

hasbro didn't respond

More entries PLEASE!

31 hours left!  

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Urabrask the Visible
Legendary Creature- Praetor.
Haste
Battle cry
Whenever ~ attacks, creatures you control gain first strike and lifelink until end of turn.
"Here I am. Hey! Over here!" -Urabrask the Visible
4/4

Urabrask, Phyrexian Heretic  
Creatures you control have first strike.
Players cannot gain control of permanents they do not own.
5/5
"Sheoldred, you will never understand. The Mirrans will never accept you as a ruler." - Urabrask
"Waaah there's a few cards I don't like in the latest set! This game sucks now! Everything should just always stay the same because I'm threatened by change! I'm going to quit! I'm quitting! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE" - approximately 10% of MtG players on all forums, ever. Read my thoughts, feed my ego! - www.tzaphiel.wordpress.com I'm also a writer! Search for "Gareth Topping" on Amazon!
26+ hours left!!!!!!!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Urabrask, the Passionate
Creature - Praetor
Haste
~ must attack the last opponent that dealt damage to you or a permanent you control each turn if able.
Creatures you control that are attacking the same player ~ is get +3/+1 and first strike.
Creatures controlled by the opponent that dealt damage to you or a permanent you control last get -3/-1.
5/5

(Yes I know that this feels kinda white but red is the color of passion and emotion. Rage and vengeance fit that bill, and what would incite his rage.) 
Urabrask, the Martyr
First Strike
Creatures your opponents control have haste and attack ~ each turn if able.
5/5

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Urabrask the Heretic

Haste
Urabrask the Heretic cannot attack its owner.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player untaps and gains control of Urabrask the Heretic.
At the beginning of each end step, if Urabrask didn't attack this turn, it deals 5 damage to you.
4/4
Urabrask Revealed WB3
Legendary Creature- Praetor
Double Strike
Creatures you control cannot have -1/-1 counters put on them.
Whenever ~ dies, you may give yourself a poison counter and return it to the battlefield under your control.
3/2

I wasnt too sure on the colors he would be, but resurrection is black, and double strike is white or red, and I didnt know if I wanted him red still... opinions?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Urabrask, Essence of Fury 
Haste
At the beggining of your upkeep, ~ deals 5 damage to another target tapped creature.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, destroy target nonbasic land that player controls.
5/5
Urabrask, Untainted -- :RM::RM:
Legendary Creature - Sliver (R)

Creatures your opponets control enter the battlefield as Slivers. If they do, they are only Slivers until the end of turn.
Slivers enter the battlefield tapped.

Urabrask was feared on Dominaria, but on Rath he was nothing but a tool.
5 / 5
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Wow this is going to be hard to grade again!

13+ hours left!   

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Creatures your opponets control enter the battlefield as Slivers. If they do, they are only Slivers until the end of turn.

5 / 5

I'm trying to figure out what you're going for here storyline-wise and it's just not fitting together right in my head. What's up with the flavor text and sliverization?

5 / 5

I'm trying to figure out what you're going for here storyline-wise and it's just not fitting together right in my head. What's up with the flavor text and sliverization?

Yah that was the thing i was trying to get when i first saw the card... How did he get onto Rath?...

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

5 / 5

Yah that was the thing i was trying to get when i first saw the card... How did he get onto Rath?...

Well... how did anyone get to Rath from Dominaria? Or to Dominaria from Rath?
Phyrexia was on Rath, Dominaria was not on Rath. And yet battles were held between the people of the two places.
As for sliverization, look at his card, and tell me he doesn't look like a sliver with an extra big beefy arm. He's got the head... he just has an extra appendage. And you never see his feet, which means that (what are most definately his legs) could be tails...
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.

5 / 5

Well... how did anyone get to Rath from Dominaria? Or to Dominaria from Rath?
Phyrexia was on Rath, Dominaria was not on Rath. And yet battles were held between the people of the two places.
As for sliverization, look at his card, and tell me he doesn't look like a sliver with an extra big beefy arm. He's got the head... he just has an extra appendage. And you never see his feet, which means that (what are most definately his legs) could be tails...

Uh.. he does have feet... The pic in the website shows it: www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/Article.a... in the queit furnace section

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Contest is over!

Results will be posted shortly!  

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Ok here are the results!

Matt_Holck: (5/0)

Show
Although nice realtion to Archwing Dragon, i dont think people would want to play this as a commander anytime soon. So sorry im not very impressed.

ChickenSandwich: (7/10)

Show
I like your relation with Melira, Sylvok Outcast. I like the abilities u gave him and love both flavor texts. Nicely done.

Ulcaster: (9/10)

Show
Love the abilities u gave him. The granting of first strike and lifelink cleary states that he has now becam RW. And the flavor text is seriously hillrious! Awesome job!

Tzaph: (7/10)

Show
Your relationship with the ability of Gruul Charm's 2nd abilty is very unique. I also like the idea giving your creatures first strike, a more toned down version of Avatar of Slaughter. Nice flavor text as well.

dtolle: (8.5/10)

Show
Awesome idea no doubt. Urabrask avenging the guy who tried to damage his allies. But it is a little too powerful. Besides that it is a great card!

theatog: (7.5/10)

Show
I like your idea of turning the original abilty of giving your creatures haste to giving your enemy's creatures haste and a Curse of The Nightly Hunt. I think it is still kinda red though but it is very well balanced.

HairlessThoctar: (9.5/10)

Show
A fantastic idea. It is like he doesnt know which side to take and continuosly keeps changing sides. But he still remembers his master and punishes anyones who doesnt attack with him. Im speechless! Awesome.

CandyWife20: (7/10)

Show
Nice name thats for sure. Relation with Melira, Sylvok Outcast is nice but i dont like the black though. Black isnt really a good guy exception for Sorin Markov. However nice concept.

SimonGlume: (8/10)

Show
Nice idea and name. But the abilities dont have much synergy with one another. However nice job.

altimis: (6.5/10)

Show
Good against silver decks thats for sure. However i still dont get wats with the silvers part though. Needs some improvements to it. Good try though.

Ok and the winners are...

1. HairlessThoctar

2. Ulcaster

3. dtolle

Congratulations to HairlessThoctar for winning Round 2!

Ulcaster and dtolleo have also done a gd job!

Thanx for all the entries!
Cheers!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals: